• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Ice-Hockey Thread ***

Tell us about all the NHL games you've attended. Or all the pucks you've blocked from slapshots. Christ on a Ski-doo, Toronto's Bobby Baun once scored an overtime winning goal in a Stanley Cup final skating on a fractured ankle. After leaving the ice on a stretcher. He had it frozen, taped up and came back to play.

Two players, each skating at speeds that can exceed 30mph, colliding with one another, creates huge blunt trauma force. Limbs can break, ligaments can snap, heads undergo violent, forceful impact.

But brush the back of a hand across your normal pro footballer's face and he's down, writhing like a crossbow bolt pierced his skull. Pathetic and inexcusable.

Tell us about all the NHL games you've attended. Or all the pucks you've blocked from slapshots. Christ on a Ski-doo, Toronto's Bobby Baun once scored an overtime winning goal in a Stanley Cup final skating on a fractured ankle. After leaving the ice on a stretcher. He had it frozen, taped up and came back to play.

Two players, each skating at speeds that can exceed 30mph, colliding with one another, creates huge blunt trauma force. Limbs can break, ligaments can snap, heads undergo violent, forceful impact.

But brush the back of a hand across your normal pro footballer's face and he's down, writhing like a crossbow bolt pierced his skull. Pathetic and inexcusable.

I use to like watching it on Grandstand on a Saturday back in the dark ages, but i cant see the puck now days. Went to see Wembley Lions in the 60's but it was in it death throes.

I use to like watching it on Grandstand on a Saturday back in the dark ages, but i cant see the puck now days. Went to see Wembley Lions in the 60's but it was in it death throes.
Wembley Lions is where my family’s love of Ice Hockey comes from. My Dad and uncle both got into it from there. My Uncle still mad into it goes and Watches Guildford flames every home game.Would watch Richmond before the side moved to Guildford to .
Great game . Needs to be watched live to really appreciate the skill and speed of it. TV really does it no justice.

Phil Kessel breaking the iron man streak record with his 990th consecutive games is fairly amazing (as was Yandle's marker to begin with actually), for a player in the modern day, when I presume they're less encouraged to play hurt than they used to be, to never have to miss a game since he started in Toronto seems almost impossible.

Hope he can make 4 figures.

Last edited:
Went to Geneve Servette v Lugano tonight in the Swiss Cup quarter finals, really good night out, sold out and good atmosphere.

Geneva won 6-3, think they have to play another 57 games or something to get to the final?!;)

It's Stanley Cup playoff time again! Avs won in Seattle last night, and lead the series 2-1 now, Nate MacKinnon on absolute fire! A couple of the goals he scored were just phenomenal. I'm not sure Avs have the defensive strength this season to go all the way, but it's certainly a possibility. Is Giorgiev a Stanley Cup winning goalie? He's been good, but I'm not sure he is just yet. Fingers crossed though! Typical playoffs to see a dominant Devils, finally in a playoff, completely fudge up against Rangers. Will be interesting to see how that pan out.

Some real good series going on right now, proper playoff hockey vibes in some too, good amount of needle.

If it's not the Avs then anyone but the Bruins will do me.

Avs lost the 7th game to Kraken, and are eliminated. Oh well. Third and fourth line just not producing. :( At least the Bruins also got eliminated! Islanders (my second team) going out as well. I hope the Devils can beat Rangers tonight, my mate has been a fan for as long as I've been Avs, so would love it for them to get it this year. I'm not particularly fond of the Maple Leafs, but their first playoff since 2004 (!), so I guess they're due a little bit of glory as well!

Went to Geneve Servette v Lugano tonight in the Swiss Cup quarter finals, really good night out, sold out and good atmosphere.

Geneva won 6-3, think they have to play another 57 games or something to get to the final?!;)
6 weeks and about 20 games later and Servette did indeed end up winning the Swiss Cup, first time in their history.

Canes vs Panthers and Stars vs Golden Knights in the semis. Panthers and Golden Knights have never won the Stanley Cup before, Canes won it in 2006, and Dallas Stars won it back in 1999 - so at least we're getting someone relatively fresh to win it this year. See how that usually happens in the NHL? Pretty refreshing. Imagine the PL with wage caps.

Back