• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official - Holtby

Re: *Official* Holtby to join in January - pg 25

to Dembele

"Take more men on"

to Parker

"we are playing in white"

Is that Parker one true? Heard that last night, thought it was absolutely hilarious, although I'm sure it's a joke as how can anyone know?

does any other manager hand out notes to players?

Do they have to eat the note afterwards or is it the kind that self-destructs?

This will be considered one of our best value for money transfer ever.

Better than Lennon?

Can't really compare that at the moment, Lennon has been with us 7-8 years or summat? Mainstay in the first eleven when fit, provided some epic moments for us.

Quite a bold statement, but if this kids cameo is the sign of things to come, sure, why not!

Really promising debut, esp when you consider he's still unfamiliar with his teammates. I'm not saying Holtby's the second coming just yet but imo this is exactly the type of player we need more of - precise, quick ONE TOUCH passing both to the wings and through the center, kinda like a cross between Modric and VdV. We already have many players who are quick in the feet, but we constantly take extra touches and make decisions *after* receiving the ball so in reality we play reeeaaally slowly and laboriously and that's probably been the major factor behind our lack of creativity (= reliance on long shots, lofted crosses, individual dribbles) against the deeper teams.

If we can get Ade back in form, he and Holtby will be huge assets to our attacking prowess, and we haven't seen the best of Siggy yet either. I know that a more clinical no. 9 may be preferable in AVB's system, but I'm hoping that coaching will adapt players' games - we've already seen Bale and Lennon become more wing forward-esque, so perhaps Dempsey and Ade can be made more no-9ish.

Very " un-PC" I know, but what about

Holtby, Holtby, is from Germany,
...is from Germany, but plays for Spurs!

(To the tune of the German national anthem)

I have given this a great deal of thought over the last few days and what really impressed me about Holtby's 20 odd minutes on the blustery Carrow Road pitch was that as soon as he got on the pitch he took control of the team. He immediately upped the tempo of the play, he demanded the ball and his infectious enthusiasm and drive was there for all to see.

I have seen some impressive debuts in my time, but Holtby's must rank as one of the best.

[video=youtube;noEaZWlyUpg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noEaZWlyUpg[/video]

Apart from his eye for goal (which we are yet to see tbf) he really reminds me of VDV

Agree with this. From the limited matches I have seen him play he is very much in the VDV mould.

yes i see it too, in how he makes those difficult or unexpected passes with ease. like he could just roll the ball teasingly across the path of the opponents right under their noses.

VDV could never make that tackle.
I think he's a step up from VDV.

VDV could never make that tackle.
I think he's a step up from VDV.

It's certainly a little premature to be making bold statements like that. When I look at Holby's style of play it is similar to VDV but let's hold a while before we claim him better.

I'm pretty sure AVB said the same (VDV comparison).

Maybe this is why he may not be too unhappy about no new striker coming in.

Back