• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

I just sat through Mandy, the Nick Cage vehicle. Hallucinogenic, extreme gore, juvenile head squishing and fountains of blood. An exaggerated rip-off of Mad Max and Rambo and every silly revenge film where some ex-Forces ex-alcoholic is wronged and wreaks fearsome revenge on multiple baddies, whilst being impervious to injury and stopping off to forge a battle axe.

Utter, utter brick. But you will like it if you like that sort of thing.
Loved it.

Watched Parasite twice up cinema, firstly an Unlimited preview screening at an old Cineworld then did encore in local Odeon that had those new fangled laser projectors fitted last Christmas which really helped me appreciate the cinematography. Will have a rewatch if I spot a good OLED in Black Friday sales!

The B&W version is on Prime as well as the colour one

I gave up 20 minutes into Mandy. I need to give it another go, I think it was just the wrong day.

Not enough credit given to Nicolas Cage for his action movie work in the late 90s-00s.

• The Rock 1996
  • Con Air 1997
  • Face/Off 1997
  • Gone in 60 Secs 2000
Name me a better set of movies over a 4 year period. Exactly. You can't. Because Nicolas Cage is the greatest actor of all time. GOAT.

giphy.gif

Not enough credit given to Nicolas Cage for his action movie work in the late 90s-00s.

• The Rock 1996
  • Con Air 1997
  • Face/Off 1997
  • Gone in 60 Secs 2000
Name me a better set of movies over a 4 year period. Exactly. You can't. Because Nicolas Cage is the greatest actor of all time. GOAT.

Predator (1987)
The Running Man (1987)
Total Recall (1990)
Terminator 2: Judgement Day (1991)

upload_2020-11-24_15-50-39.gif

Predator (1987)
The Running Man (1987)
Total Recall (1990)

that's a very good shout in fact. Although i'm gonna throw out there i didn't think Predator was that good a film. Iconic sure, but the film itself isn't that good.

T2 obviously the stand out sequel to surpass the original which so often is not the case.

that's a very good shout in fact. Although i'm gonna throw out there i didn't think Predator was that good a film. Iconic sure, but the film itself isn't that good.

T2 obviously the stand out sequel to surpass the original which so often is not the case.
Blasphemy :eek::D

Another actor who had a purple patch in 1990s which just sprung to mind is Brad Pitt...

Se7en (1995)
12 Monkeys (1995)
Sleepers (1996)
Fight Club (1999)

Damn I used to love going to the cinema when I was a teenager!

Another actor who had a purple patch in 1990s which just sprung to mind is Brad Pitt...

Se7en (1995)
12 Monkeys (1995)
Sleepers (1996)
Fight Club (1999)

Fight Club was one of the first DVDs i ever bought, and people still do not appreciate how amazing it is. The number of easter eggs in that film is unbelievable, so so so incredible. Also, Norton and Pitt are incredible, but never enough is made of Bonham-Carter in nearly every film she's in, she absolutely rocks it. Her character portrayal in Harry Potter series for example, just incredible actress.

Clint Eastwood (twice):

1968 Where Eagles Dare/Coogan's Bluff
1966 The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
1965 For a Few Dollars More
1964 A Fistful of Dollars

1974 Thunderbolt and Lightfoot
1973 High Plains Drifter
1971 Dirty Harry
1970 Kelly's Heroes

• The Rock 1996
  • Con Air 1997
  • Face/Off 1997
  • Gone in 60 Secs 2000

giphy.gif

Predator (1987)
The Running Man (1987)
Total Recall (1990)

View attachment 10046

Se7en (1995)
12 Monkeys (1995)
Sleepers (1996)
Fight Club (1999)

Clint Eastwood (twice):

1968 Where Eagles Dare/Coogan's Bluff
1966 The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
1965 For a Few Dollars More
1964 A Fistful of Dollars

1974 Thunderbolt and Lightfoot
1973 High Plains Drifter
1971 Dirty Harry
1970 Kelly's Heroes

Ghostbusters
Aliens
Gorillas in mist
Working girl

Regardless
Cruising
Jack
Spying
Cleo
Cowboy
Screaming!
Don't Lose Your Head
Follow That Camel
Doctor
Khyber
Camping
Again Doctor
Loving
Henry
Convenience
Matron
Abroad
dingdong
Behind

tenor.gif

Michael Douglas must be close with some of his 80/90s hits.

TBH I think as an actual actor Cage is hugely overrated. In Con Air he is not even the best actor and he speaks what 3/4 times

80s films were great. *

* absolute crocks of brick notwithstanding
I loved the martial arts crap at that time growing up
Kick-boxer
No retreat, no surrender
American ninja
Delta force (yeah not quite martial arts)
And one of the greatest films ever in Karate Kid

Back