• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*Official* Farewell Steven Pienaar

Why did Everton sell Cahill? I mean he is one of their better players - especially in the air.

Strange transfer

They got some money for him and he was on massive wages. Could see him and Donovan coming back in January on loan.

Pienaar was classic Daniel Levy opportunism; cheap player, sign him, sell him later for a profit.

I don't get all this waffle about how he's a 'great player...wasted with us...never given a chance'. Look, he had arguably the worlds best left winger in front of him at Spurs. Who in their right mind would want Steven Pienaar in the team ahead of Gareth Bale? :~

I go on what I see. What I saw in Pienaar was a fudging average footballer who did sod all to justify keeping him in the team any longer than we did. I don't follow this rubbish about 'giving him a chance' ... Pienaar is supposed to be an experienced Premiership footballer - not some spotty, wet-behind-the-ears youth-teamer?

He just couldn't cut the mustard with us. Everton's best player, but miles out of his depth in our team - and THAT, if anything, should show you the gulf in quality between Tottenham Hotspur and Everton.

I don't give a monkies if he scores against us because I know that, on paper, we've got more than enough to smash at least 4 in the back of their onionbag. Levy will sign 'another Pienaar' at some stage this season - he'll be brick too - but he'll also book a profit when he eventually sells him back on again. That's what Daniel does.

Yeah it was a Harry signing apparently. The same as it was Harrys fault we didnt buy a striker - oh look we still have none.

Ok ok im sorry. I have moved on trust me. Just funny.

Steven Pienaar ‏@therealstevenpi
All the best To AVB and the team for the new season

Steven Pienaar ‏@therealstevenpi
Just a shame didn't workout for me at the club but will cherish every second I spend at spurs was a great experience thank you guys.

Yeah, Levy doesn't really do over 25s of his own volition.

He signs the cheques.

Levy will sign anything or anyone, as long as it's cheap and he can see a profit in it.

Pienaar cost us fudge all, and it was obvious he'd be sold back at market value.

What happens? He's sold back, at market value.

It's not rocket science.

Did Pienaar do anything of note while at Spurs ? Just can't remember any. Some players can only play well without any pressure. And the pressure at Spurs are always too big for them to excel. Pienaar had no pressure at Everton whatsover. Everton are a big club with small ambition. They will be happy to finish in top 10 every season.

we didn't use him that much, so won't be surprised if we just broke even with wages and bonuses (4th placing) included.

Did Pienaar do anything of note while at Spurs ? Just can't remember any. Some players can only play well without any pressure. And the pressure at Spurs are always too big for them to excel. Pienaar had no pressure at Everton whatsover. Everton are a big club with small ambition. They will be happy to finish in top 10 every season.

One good game away at Milan.

Whatever his good qualities, (like Keane (at end), JJ, Bentley), in a Spurs team that is built around either quick movement (Bale/Lennon) or quick passing (Modric/VDV), he was just too slow, slow to decide to run, slow to pass.

Pienaar was a Tony parks signing....he has been following Pienaar' progress since the age of 16

Legend! *clapsmiley*

Farewell! Farewell I tell thee! Now live, damn it! Live!! Don't forget where you came from! Cherish the time we had, but don't dwell on it! Live!!!! Liii-i---iii-iiiveeeee--eeeeeeeuuuuuhhuhuuhuhuhuhuh...wooaaaeehhh! I never even like mustard!!

Back