• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official - Defoe

Re: Jermain Defoe

Last season, Defoe scored 17 goals from 39 appearances (a goal for every 2.29 games played).

So far this season, Defoe has scored 10 goals from 19 appearances (a goal for every 1.9 games played).

If he keeps up his strike-rate, he should comfortably be on 20 goals or more by the end of the season.

Sturridge is a horrible **** and don't want him anywhere near spurs. I really do not rate the guy. Makes me sick.

Defoe - will get 20 this season and maybe even outscore RVP not bad for a player who the Levys on here just wanna sell sell sell

No I like to bathe in custard. Walcott is a great player who creates and scores goals, Sturridge is a reserve. If he gets picked..what does he do? I think there is a good player there but he needs a good manager.

He's a striker who's been pushed out wide

Sturridge is a horrible **** and don't want him anywhere near spurs. I really do not rate the guy. Makes me sick.

Should be interesting.. him and AVB have nothing but good things to say about each other, though i doubt Chelsea would ever sell to us.

Last season, Defoe scored 17 goals from 39 appearances (a goal for every 2.29 games played).

So far this season, Defoe has scored 10 goals from 19 appearances (a goal for every 1.9 games played).

That stat is very mileading because it does not take into account substitute appearances. There were a number of matches where he played 20 minutes or less. It is rather disingenious to count a 10, 15 or 20 minute outing as an appearance.

Should be interesting.. him and AVB have nothing but good things to say about each other, though i doubt Chelsea would ever sell to us.

I really do hope we dont buy him. Forget the fact I dont like his arrogance he portrays etc but I dont think he is a good footballer. He has a few tricks but he doesnt really have a braina nd isnt really that intelligent. uurrgghhh and for around 15m no fudgein chance.

That stat is very mileading because it does not take into account substitute appearances. There were a number of matches where he played 20 minutes or less. It is rather disingenious to count a 10, 15 or 20 minute outing as an appearance.

I presume goals per minutes would be better but even then its so much more difficult to come on when you only have ten minutes to make an impact.

In 2011-12, Defoe's 17 goals came from 2,256 minutes played - an average of a goal for every 133 minutes he was on the pitch for.

So far in 2012-13, Defoe's 10 goals have come from 1,511 minutes on the pitch - an average of a goal for every 151 minutes he was on the pitch for.

However, last season Defoe mainly had a strike partner, while this season he's generally had to do everything himself.

defoe is the perfect blow-hot-blow-cold player.
great goal and performance against West Ham but totally anonymous against Liverpool.

the goals-per-minute stats confirm that he is better with a strike partner, possibly an "old-fashioned" striker and not one for a modern single-striker setup that is all the rage right now.

defoe is the perfect blow-hot-blow-cold player.
great goal and performance against West Ham but totally anonymous against Liverpool.

the goals-per-minute stats confirm that he is better with a strike partner, possibly an "old-fashioned" striker and not one for a modern single-striker setup that is all the rage right now.

I watched the second half and possibly the last 10-15 mins of first half but for that one hour liverscum played us off the park and as far as I saw he barely got the ball. Infact we barely got the ball in their area.

I think he's a really really good player to have around but as you say, he's always going to have days like today, he's scored many many goals for the club and you have to appreciate that, but at 30 years old he definitely isn't the answer to our long term striker issues.

I think he's a really really good player to have around but as you say, he's always going to have days like today, he's scored many many goals for the club and you have to appreciate that, but at 30 years old he definitely isn't the answer to our long term striker issues.

Teddy Sheringham was still banging them in when he was 40.

We've got a good few seasons still left out of Jermain Defoe.

Yeah of course, I'm not saying he'll break down on the day of his 31st Birthday and become useless, it's just clear to me that in a long term view of the club Defoe's impact will only be in the early stages of that view. As I've said, he's a very good option to have but you'll always have days when he's on fire and days when you won't see him (or worse, days when he'll have an ill effect on our attacking play).

Not sure how 'accurate' those are but go wild

Untitled-1_63.jpg

Falcao is more clinical but it also seems that Defoe has an actual better all round game.

Without a doubt he has, and if he keeps scoring at the same rate he will move up to our 4th biggest scorer of all time.

Jermain Defoe has dismissed reports of a January move to QPR and insisted that he wants to see out his career with Tottenham.

Speculation has emerged that the England striker is a top target for new QPR boss Harry Redknapp when the transfer window re-opens on New Year's Day.

But Defoe, Spurs' leading scorer this season with 10 goals in all competitions, claims he has no intention of linking up with Redknapp for the fourth time in his career.

"That's not going to happen. I'm not leaving Tottenham, I love the club and to score goals at a big club like this is fantastic," Defoe told Sky Sports News.

"If the opportunity comes to leave the club it won't be happening. I don't want to leave, I'm a Spurs player - and I'm happy. I'd like to finish my career at Tottenham. I want to achieve something special here - it's a great time to be at the club."

Spurs moved to fifth in the Premier League after Wednesday's 2-1 win over Liverpool, and Defoe is confident they can sustain their challenge for a Champions League place.

"I thought the performance against Liverpool was great. It was a massive win," he added. "Character is key and the lads who've come in have been fantastic. With the quality we've got it's important to go on a run and we're capable of doing that."

Defoe also offered his full backing to Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas, who has struggled to win over the fans since succeeding Redknapp in the summer.

"It's difficult for any manager - when you come in you've got different ideas," said Defoe. "It wasn't the best at Chelsea but that happens. It's part of life and being a manager, but he's a fantastic manager and been fantastic for me.

"There's always a different approach each game and he's such a nice guy. All the lads want to fight and win for him. I'm just enjoying the journey and I'm sure he is as well."

www1.skysports.com/football/news/11...he-is-staying-at-Tottenham-for-rest-of-career

Jermain Defoe has dismissed reports of a January move to QPR and insisted that he wants to see out his career with Tottenham.

Speculation has emerged that the England striker is a top target for new QPR boss Harry Redknapp when the transfer window re-opens on New Year's Day.

But Defoe, Spurs' leading scorer this season with 10 goals in all competitions, claims he has no intention of linking up with Redknapp for the fourth time in his career.

"That's not going to happen. I'm not leaving Tottenham, I love the club and to score goals at a big club like this is fantastic," Defoe told Sky Sports News.

"If the opportunity comes to leave the club it won't be happening. I don't want to leave, I'm a Spurs player - and I'm happy. I'd like to finish my career at Tottenham. I want to achieve something special here - it's a great time to be at the club."

Spurs moved to fifth in the Premier League after Wednesday's 2-1 win over Liverpool, and Defoe is confident they can sustain their challenge for a Champions League place.

"I thought the performance against Liverpool was great. It was a massive win," he added. "Character is key and the lads who've come in have been fantastic. With the quality we've got it's important to go on a run and we're capable of doing that."

Defoe also offered his full backing to Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas, who has struggled to win over the fans since succeeding Redknapp in the summer.

"It's difficult for any manager - when you come in you've got different ideas," said Defoe. "It wasn't the best at Chelsea but that happens. It's part of life and being a manager, but he's a fantastic manager and been fantastic for me.

"There's always a different approach each game and he's such a nice guy. All the lads want to fight and win for him. I'm just enjoying the journey and I'm sure he is as well."

www1.skysports.com/football/news/11...he-is-staying-at-Tottenham-for-rest-of-career

Well that can not be true, after all there is a certain so called ITK who has gone teletext mad that our dressing room is in revolt and that AVB is a fraud. :ross:

I watched the second half and possibly the last 10-15 mins of first half but for that one hour liverscum played us off the park and as far as I saw he barely got the ball. Infact we barely got the ball in their area.

true for the pool game... they had the majority of possession.

however we've all seen how a player like ade can drop deep and get into situations where he can hold the ball up and bring others into play. sounds trivial but in a counter-attacking situation where the opponents have committed numbers up front, and we've speed demons like bale and lennon overlapping, its actually a secret weapon/tactic in the squad that we don't do well simply because Defoe can't/won't. What he can/will is to go straight for goals by himself.

We're doing well with possession, attempts on goals and goals, at the moment, but I think defoe should be doing better, we should be a bigger threat up front IN EVERY GAME.

Back