• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Betting Thread ***

got a free £20 on sportingindex which is a spread betting website. didn't even know I had signed up to these :lol:

Anyway, I have no idea how to spread bet so I just clicked "buy" on over 2.5 goals in a Danish game and it's 2-0 in the first half already. It says I could take my value (which is hardly anything).. but I think I'll wait it out.

Am I right in saying that if there is 3 goals in the game, I'd get paid more than if there were 6 or something?

I think it's the other way round - because you bought at 2.5, you'll get more money the more goals there are. Did you have to specify a number per half goal or something similar when you placed the bet?

Ok, you probably bought per 0.1 so if there's 3 goals, you'll get a small profit. If it stays at 2 goals then you'll make a loss but the more goals there are, the better. In other words, pray for a goal fest!

spread betting is great fun but dangerous. A guy I knew used to buy corners in any live match he was watching at £300 per corner - typically the spread started at about 12 or 13. So anything over the spread, he won £300 per corner but would lose £300 per corner under. He'd often lose a couple of grand in one hit

I'm just ridiculously confused really. I had this free bet so I thought I'd use it. If I knew it meant I'd need a goal fest, I'd probably have jumped on a different game!

Most spread betting sites let you bet in pennies so practice with that. I always like to buy rather than sell as technically you can win more. They should also tell you the max you can lose. And, as you mentioned, you can trade out whenever to either guarantee a profit or minimise losses

the Danish game I bought 2.9 in is now 2-1.. it says my stake was £6.89 and it says my value is £3.45.. and says I can take the profit..

So now, you can either take the profit - essentially sell at the new spread - or let it run and maybe rack up bigger profit but run the risk the profit will be much lower. Because you bought at 2.9, you definitely can't lose so congrats!!

When it goes about buying a team to win outright.. it says 17.5 with buy next to it and 16 next to sell.. what's that about?.. the away team have 7.5 buy and 6 sell

Madrid v Madrid

R. Madrid 4-2
£10 @ 54/1

R. Madrid to score 3 or more
£20 @ 3.05

Higuain anytime
£10 @ 6.2

Ramos anytime
£10 @ 11.5

Koke anytime
£15 @ 9.8

Penalty taken
£14 @ 3.45

Higuain should get at least 20 minutes.

When it goes about buying a team to win outright.. it says 17.5 with buy next to it and 16 next to sell.. what's that about?.. the away team have 7.5 buy and 6 sell

I think that's the win index which is normally 25 points for a win, 10 points for a draw and 0 for a loss. In your example, if you bought the home team at 17.5 and they win the match then you win 25 - 17.5 = 7.5 x your stake. If they only draw then you will lose 7.5 x your stake (10 - 17.5) and if they lose then you would lose 17.5 x your stake. However, if you sell the home team at 16 and they draw then you win 6 x your stake (16 - 10), if they win then you lose 9 x your stake (16 - 25) and so on

Hope some of this makes sense - there's many a website that explains it much better than me!!

Newmarket

14:20 Desert Recluse
14:55 Bluegrass Blues

Newbury

14:40 Edge Closer
15:50 Chil The Kite

Back