• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OFFICIAL BBC Predictor League Thread

T Bone

Carlo Cudicini
Just waiting for some inane soul to direct me to page 27 where this has already been posted.

In the event it's not - here is my final table. The good news is we make 4th.
Now bearing in mind I'm known as Pessimistic Pete from Peckam this can only be a good omen.

1 - Man Utd: 92 pts
2 - Emirates Marketing Project: 90 pts
3 - Arsenal: 76 pts
4 - Spurs: 73 pts
5 - Chelsea: 69 pts
6 - Saudi Sportswashing Machine: 59pts

7th and below: Who cares?

Prizes should be awarded for the most accurate.

1 - Man Utd: 91 pts
2 - Emirates Marketing Project: 89 pts
4 - Spurs: 69 pts
5 - Chelsea: 68 pts
6 - Saudi Sportswashing Machine: 62pts

Looking at the fixtures with a clear head our late goal against Stoke and Emirates Marketing Project's late winner against Chelsea might have been a crucial moment.

Last edited:
1 - Man Utd: 91 pts
2 - Emirates Marketing Project: 89 pts
4 - Spurs: 69 pts
5 - Chelsea: 68 pts
6 - Saudi Sportswashing Machine: 62pts

Looking at the fixtures with a clear head our late goal against Stoke and Emirates Marketing Project's late winner against Chelsea might have been a crucial moment.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely in my view. Arsenal's winner at Liverpool could be the pivotal moment in the race for 3rd,but those last few minutes at WHL and Eastlands could be the key point in the race for 4th

Why are people relieved about 4th? Like another season below Arsenal? Makes me feel sick.

yep it felt like the league season was over sitting there watching us huff and puff while chelsea were winning 1 nil

Why are people relieved about 4th? Like another season below Arsenal? Makes me feel sick.

because CL is absolutely vital for progression our, especially since we'll be looking for a new manager. For me the really gutting part is how we've probably thrown away automatic qualification, but secure 4th and all is not lost.

As for finishing below Arsenal again, it's frustrating after the position we were in, but who really cares? If we’re only obsessed about being better than Arsenal then we're in for a pretty miserable time.

it's not just been down to us though is it ? never mind the game against us who could possibly foreseen this arsenal side picking up 9 points from trips to sunderland, liverpool and everton. i'd say 4 wouldn't have been been a bad return.

the gap was always likely to narrow over this difficult period of fixtures for us but it's been compounded by us doing slightly worse than you might have expected and arsenal pulling all sort of rabbits out of the hat.

City(H)
Wolves(A)
Cheat$ki(H)
Stoke(A)

These are games where the Scum could lose points. Wolves held them to a draw at the brickerheads and Stoke with their 8-0-2 formation are always a handful at home. I had us at 78, them at 72 and Cheat5ki at 68 - overly optimistic? :-&

Football is a funny game. We have beaten down so many times that we just are back in the place we expect to be.

But we win tomorrow, completely unexpectedly and suddenly everything is different. The world is a rosy place again, suddenly our rivals think "oh" and our confidence is up. We know how quick things change

City(H)
Wolves(A)
Cheat$ki(H)
Stoke(A)

These are games where the Scum could lose points. Wolves held them to a draw at the brickerheads and Stoke with their 8-0-2 formation are always a handful at home. I had us at 78, them at 72 and Cheat5ki at 68 - overly optimistic? :-&

That's the spirit =D>

1 Man U: 90
2 Man C: 87
3 Arse: 71 GD: 25
4 Spurs: 70 GD:25
5 Chelsea: 63

They don't have the Bolton fixture so 1 point there and we could be 3rd.

Back