• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T What's the biggest football story of all time?

The FA allowing Scholar to bypass Rule 34. It led to our club being owned by a plc and the speculation that left us in a deep hole, Sugar's takeover and vote for Sky, etc. Moreover, it opened the door to takeovers by the likes of the Glazers and Hicks-Gillett, the various crooks at Portsmouth, Birmingham etc

The FA allowing Scholar to bypass Rule 34. It led to our club being owned by a plc and the speculation that left us in a deep hole, Sugar's takeover and vote for Sky, etc. Moreover, it opened the door to takeovers by the likes of the Glazers and Hicks-Gillett, the various crooks at Portsmouth, Birmingham etc
this would be the biggest football EXPOSE of all time!

I think Heysel had the biggest impact. English clubs got banned from Europe... and that had a massive impact... particularly on our club as we would have qualified for Europe that year, and we didn't then for years afterwards. It indirectly set in train the whole setting up of the premier league, the advent of Sky and modern football as we now know it. The 'victims' at LFC have a lot to answer for.

This for me, would do a lot of injustice to us from a worldwide market point of view (I;m a marketing man)

Back