• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T NBC's PL Coverage

papaspur

Kasey Keller
Such a huge improvement over watching on Fox Soccer Channel or the occasional stream on ESPN3 (hardly ever show Tottenham games though). Can watch any game on my computer, or watch on TV on a few NBC channels. Commentary is decent, video quality is superb (3.5Mbps stream).
They also have highlights of games and I'm not sure about this, but they also offer full replays of some games.

And the best part is that I didn't have to sign up for anything or opt-in. It just works with my current service provider.

If you don't mind me asking how much is it and can you get it just on a computer stream deal? Thanks in advance.

It's a free service that's offered to anyone that has a cable TV subscription. I have Verizon Fios with fast internet so streaming is a viable option for me. I could also watch the games on TV, but I'd have to hunt down all the affiliate channels of NBC for each game. Like I mentioned, there was nothing I had to do to get the streaming service. When I go to NBC's sports streaming site, I login using my Verizon account and that's it. I don't necessarily have to be at home either, but I'm guessing the service will only allow one concurrent login to stream games (watched Man U - Chelsea at work yesterday). Very convenient service, happy that I can watch any game, probably even able to have multiple games on at once. I'll probably play with the replays more (the important plays such as goals or fouls are bookmarked as the game progresses so I can find the highlights easily).
I don't think it's available to buy just the streaming service, unfortunately. You need to be a subscriber of one of the affiliated TV/internet providers, it seems. Hope that answered your questions.

It's a free service that's offered to anyone that has a cable TV subscription. I have Verizon Fios with fast internet so streaming is a viable option for me. I could also watch the games on TV, but I'd have to hunt down all the affiliate channels of NBC for each game. Like I mentioned, there was nothing I had to do to get the streaming service. When I go to NBC's sports streaming site, I login using my Verizon account and that's it. I don't necessarily have to be at home either, but I'm guessing the service will only allow one concurrent login to stream games (watched Man U - Chelsea at work yesterday). Very convenient service, happy that I can watch any game, probably even able to have multiple games on at once. I'll probably play with the replays more (the important plays such as goals or fouls are bookmarked as the game progresses so I can find the highlights easily).
I don't think it's available to buy just the streaming service, unfortunately. You need to be a subscriber of one of the affiliated TV/internet providers, it seems. Hope that answered your questions.

with ANY package?!?

i can feel an email to the in-laws coming up.

My internet is useless so streaming is never an option for me, I need to move to the US and get Google fiber.

with ANY package?!?

i can feel an email to the in-laws coming up.

I'm sure there's some region-locking but there's ways to bypass that. But yeah, NBC offers coverage of each PL game on television. I don't know if it's ANY package (you have to check to make sure the cable provider is an affiliate), but it is a free service accessible from anywhere within the US. I also forgot to mention that I can watch on my iPhone.

Gotta say it's been a huge step up from FOX. Rebecca Lowe is steady and direct as the studio host, Robbie Mustoe and Yank Kyle Martino do a good, concise job of setting up matches beforehand. For once, I don't even think about the presenters, just what's being said and they're doing a good job of putting the game and the players far ahead of their own performances. Very encouraging.

With FOX, it was a cringeworthy festival of **** lickin', ego-trippin' showponies.

They'd have four guys in tailored suits sitting around a set, each getting about 45 seconds to deliver their hastily scripted comments. Most of that time was wasted trying to one-up one another with wisecracks or sucking up to alpha male Warren Barton, who would overshadow them with the sound of his own opinion.

Often, when someone was talking, former US player Eric Wynalda would be trying to steal viewers attention with his hyper-active pen tapping or facial grimacing or dramatic, mid-sentence shifts of his body. Totally unprofessional. They'd have some guest on set, sometimes a former player, and he'd be nothing more than set dressing, saying nothing of any interest.

East Londoner Nick Webster produced that dreck. He showed off his baby boy one year wearing an Arsenal shirt. Studio co-presenter and male kewpie doll, Christian Miles, took his new-found Arsenal evangelism to the level of becoming head of Arsenal USA. They had marketing deals for Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea. A nightmare, absolutely the worst thing I've ever seen in sports in North America.

Amazing coverage. I've seen every match I've wanted to see on TV so far. After ours the other day they even switched to the Cardiff City match without cutting to commercial first. They also do a great recap at the end of the day as well.

Unfortunately I have been reading that viewership has been abysmal for the most part. Shame too, for someone like me who doesn't have cable this was a godsend.

its better than fox but its very english-centric which is why i like it, dunno about what yanks here think though, they like their own presenters but the "match of the day" and other repeats are very useful

Been watching this via stream for our games and i am impressed. Much prefer this over Skysports broadcast. Not bad from the yanks.

Does anyone know if the Europa league will be broadcast in the US?

Fox sports has all rights to CL and Europa. They usually pick up Europa coverage in the group stages. They have been showing 3 Champions LEague games at same time (Fox Sports1, Fox Sports Local Affiliate, and Fox Soccer) I really hope they continue this with Europa would mean we are on every match. Although tbf they had us on every match last season even above the Scouse

Back