• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T Manager Sack Watch

Re: O/T Manager Sack Watch - Hughes Gone

No doubt you have the list! Do please share.

P0094.png

That strikes me as a surprisingly short list. Ignoring caretakers and Pardew, that is only Souness, Hoddle, Venables, Ardiles, Kinnear, Hughton and Gorman. I'd have expected more given the turnover of PL managers.

On the other hand, how many PL managers are recycled ones?

That strikes me as a surprisingly short list. Ignoring caretakers and Pardew, that is only Souness, Hoddle, Venables, Ardiles, Kinnear, Hughton and Gorman. I'd have expected more given the turnover of PL managers.

On the other hand, how many PL managers are recycled ones?

I never knew Pardew was one of those crap players we signed just to play in the Intertoto cup. I remember there was about half a dozen of them we loaned in, mostly from Wimbledon's reserves.

Fine because of the £££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££. Sign a 4 year contract, do 6-12 months work and get a big pay off

im pretty sure football clubs dont operate like this anymore

for example, AVB wasnt given a big pay off after being sacked at Chelsea. What happened was his Chelsea contract continued to be paid until he got a new job, in his case the Spurs job.

Redknapp is still being paid by Spurs like when he was manager until he gets a new job or that contract he had comes to an end.

probably happening with other clubs and their managers too

Credit to Golfball, who called the sacking of RDM in November back in August!

Wouldn't surprise me if a whole host of managers were sacked now. It takes one sacking and then the dam bursts.

All the wannabe Abramovich's take their lead from him.

Adkins, McDermott et al should be looking over their shoulders.

No matter how bad Spurs get, there will always be one club who are more of a joke.

Seriously, if you were a manager, how would you feel about getting the job at Stamford bridge?

With all credit to AdamB for getting in before me my first instincts would be "Brilliant, my financial future is secured".

My second thoughts would be "Brilliant, four years money for 247 days work, all expenses paid".

My third thought would be "Brilliant, four years money, nine months work and my managerial CV is untarnished because once a looney Russian's OCD kicks in it's expected that the finest in the world are treated this way".

My fourth and final thought as I drive off with my profile raised and my reputation tarnished but long term prospects undamaged would be "And they reckon the BBC is fudged".

Credit to Golfball, who called the sacking of RDM in November back in August!

Well done, Golfball! I am always more impressed by people who predict things before they happen rather than those who say it was obvious afterwards.

With all credit to AdamB for getting in before me my first instincts would be "Brilliant, my financial future is secured".

My second thoughts would be "Brilliant, four years money for 247 days work, all expenses paid".

My third thought would be "Brilliant, four years money, nine months work and my managerial CV is untarnished because once a looney Russian's OCD kicks in it's expected that the finest in the world are treated this way".

My fourth and final thought as I drive off with my profile raised and my reputation tarnished but long term prospects undamaged would be "And they reckon the BBC is fudged".

:ross:=D>

Well done, Golfball! I am always more impressed by people who predict things before they happen rather than those who say it was obvious afterwards.

Well I might not agree with much of what he says, but credit where it's due, he called DiMatteo back then when I couldn't have seen it. Harry, on the other hand...let's just say me and a QPR mate discussed it in early Sept and I said it was about as nailed on as I could possibly say without having inside knowledge. And when the Ukraine thing came up, I just laughed. Again, never doubt Harry Redknapp, he is the master of 'self. I wish him well at QPR, and think he'll do well with them. The situation is perfect.

There is talent at QPR. HR has done it before so it is certainly worth a 50p punt on him keeping them up.
I am more interested in how this effects Spurs. QPR were prepared to spend big bucks on Dawson and they ain't scoring many goals. If Hernades(sp) wants to back HR like Levy did in the first window we could be looking at some very interesting transfers.

There is talent at QPR. HR has done it before so it is certainly worth a 50p punt on him keeping them up.
I am more interested in how this effects Spurs. QPR were prepared to spend big bucks on Dawson and they ain't scoring many goals. If Hernades(sp) wants to back HR like Levy did in the first window we could be looking at some very interesting transfers.

He could keep them up 100% with that squad, not a shadow of doubt in my mind. Of course he won't. He'll buy players for sure. I think it's a very fair assumption that he'll sniff a few of ours out. I'll bet he'd have loved to get his hands on Ferdinand or Neville...but his squad is actually very decent, and I can see him getting 10 goals out of Dibril Cisse without a shadow of a doubt. They'll be fun to watch, and it will be as 'in the moment' as you like.

Fernando Torres is averaging 2.75 goals per Chelsea manager. By contrast, Wayne Rooney averages 184 per Man Utd manager

i can see Benitez leading Chelbrick to another CL triumph, as well as them finishing outside the top 4....his tactics will work great for one off games in europe. if they get out of the group which is still possible if Abramovich secretly provides massive financial incentives to the Shaktar players to beat Juve, Chelbrick could go all the way again under Benitez

i can see Benitez leading Chelbrick to another CL triumph, as well as them finishing outside the top 4....his tactics will work great for one off games in europe. if they get out of the group which is still possible if Abramovich secretly provides massive financial incentives to the Shaktar players to beat Juve, Chelbrick could go all the way again under Benitez

2 hopes, Bob and No...

2 hopes, Bob and No...

yeah most thought the same last season before the Napoli return game, before the Barca semi, and before the the final in Munich against Bayern

yeah most thought the same last season before the Napoli return game, before the Barca semi, and before the the final in Munich against Bayern

lets be honest, they had the luckiest run in the history of luck to win the trophy, it isnt happening again

Back