• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T Fulham gets new owner

the theory is they will batch matches, they'll only have 8 road games so 4 trips back to play 2 then back to London

there can be plenty of travelling around the states anyway so a trip to London (although a longer flight) probably isn't that much more hassle for the visitors

personally I don't think it can work, I always go to the wembley game (I'll do both this season) but I already have a team, I'm not gonna shift my allegiance just because there is a franchise on my door step

Some sort of anti-glory hunter!!!

Mohamed Al Fayed has told new owner Shahid Khan the much-maligned Michael Jackson statue must stay at Craven Cottage - or his moustache will get the chop

He has said he will back Fulham financially to make sure they are successful on the pitch.

interesting to see how all the new bigger london stadiums are going to compete with each other for fans/seats. i think the game is going USA-style with a lot of seats going to sponsors and tourists. its going to become an even bigger entertainment spectacle.

interesting to see how all the new bigger london stadiums are going to compete with each other for fans/seats. i think the game is going USA-style with a lot of seats going to sponsors and tourists. its going to become an even bigger entertainment spectacle.

and as it goes "USA-style", i can see the newer owners (particularly those from American sports wanting to protect their clubs/"investment" by locking off the top tier from promotion/relegation. I can see the top clubs eventually creating a single tier league, as it really makes no financial sense not to do so ~ at least that is how i think the foreign owners will perceive the situation.

only thing is, i wonder what will come first. removing promotion/relegation, or a european super league.

this is where FIFA is useful - they will be first to try to preserve the prestige of the champions league and europa cup, and will pull all kinds of stunts to prevent a breakaway league, and competition.

UEFA can block it by making European qualification through national league pyramid systems. If a league leaves the pyramid, they no longer provide the teams.

Champions League in itself was a stunt to prevent a breakaway league/competition.

My biggest fear for a super league is how Bayern Munchen win every game 5-0 in the Bundesliga.
When that happens for one or two teams in all of the top 5 leagues, that's the time for the next step.
We see more and more that the absolute best players gather in a group of 4-5 clubs.

Back