• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T Capello Resigns / New England Manager Speculation Thread

He told talkSPORT: "I'm English, who wouldn't want to manage England? No-one is ever going to turn that job down."
Redknapp continued: "There's not an Englishman - whether it's me, Roy Hodgson or Sam Allardyce - who would turn the job down because it's our country and we want to manage our country."

Remember this?

I've had a glass of wine (or 2)

Came across this

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7691457.stm

Cant help but think if this news didnt cause the outbreak of disgust and anger that it did among so many Spurs fans, and the venom they spouted. Venom which actually continued despite coming 4th, and having a great CL run, which even promted a "Harry Out" movement early this season.

And the general, underlying hostlity that never ever went away for some people, and had we ALL given him a chance, and shown him the apprecition he deserved from day one, when we beat Bolton, then we'd have a better chance of him staying.

The panic and despair among Spurs fans is laughable. Try supporting someone WHILE they are on trial....and WHILE they are doing their job....not after they are cleared, and when you think they are going to leave.

He called some of the Spurs fans idiots, and despite everyone crying like babies about it, he was right. Careful what you wish for (some of you even wished for Coyle and Moyes).

Dont expect someone to show undying loyalty, when you couldnt give it to them, despite the great things he brought to the club.

If he goes, he goes.

It is Levy we should be worried if he stays or not. Arry was ALWAYS going to leave sooner and later. Matter of time, imv as soon as the first England rumours came out. He came to steer the club away from trouble and establish a solid foundation tor future sucess - something he has done impressively well.

As long as the best Chairmain in the PL is with us, making sure the club is run properly and not descending into financial trouble - we can trust him to appoint the right manager for the future.

So long Arry and thanks for the memories

I bet Glen Johnson and Joleon Lescott are bricking it. No longer can they hide behind capello as his goldenboys. They should be nowhere near England.

All of Gerrard, Lampard, Johnson, Downing and Walcott should be seriously bricking themselves.

On the downside, 'Arry will probably give smug-faced Oxlade-Chamberlain an instant debut cameo in his very first game in charge. Oh well.

Hoddle for england

Well at least in a caretaker role - makes sense - the bloke had an excellent record as England manager - knows how the system works and didn't leave the job for footballing reasons - got to be worth a punt until the end of the season????:D:D:D

Plenty of threads discussing this already

Make this one about the pros and cons of Darren Bent in a 4-4-2 'tossy' or the possibility of playing Bale as a false 6 inside out.

Cant help but think if this news didnt cause the outbreak of disgust and anger that it did among so many Spurs fans, and the venom they spouted. Venom which actually continued despite coming 4th, and having a great CL run, which even promted a "Harry Out" movement early this season.

And the general, underlying hostlity that never ever went away for some people, and had we ALL given him a chance, and shown him the apprecition he deserved from day one, when we beat Bolton, then we'd have a better chance of him staying.

The panic and despair among Spurs fans is laughable. Try supporting someone WHILE they are on trial....and WHILE they are doing their job....not after they are cleared, and when you think they are going to leave.

He called some of the Spurs fans idiots, and despite everyone crying like babies about it, he was right. Careful what you wish for (some of you even wished for Coyle and Moyes).

Dont expect someone to show undying loyalty, when you couldnt give it to them, despite the great things he brought to the club.

If he goes, he goes.

I know you're speaking in general terms but that didn't apply to me, I've wanted Harry to stay from that first great day against Bolton.

But then I didn't want Jol out.

I did want Ramos out :)

Last edited:
Yeah, Im speaking very generally.

But that ill feeling makes a difference. Even a few weeks ago people squaking on about about Harry disrespecting the EL and how its a disgrace.....some of them wanted to finish 6th last year as to not even be in it.

Its the constant belittling that runs deep, and as a manager, Harry has earned our trust in his decisions the entire time he's been here. I honestly think that had he been embraced here from day one, it could have made a difference.

We saw how moved he was the other day, when talking about the Wigan game. Too little too late though. IMO.

"I hope he isn't playing tomorrow," Redknapp said.

"He is a fantastic player so if he is not playing I wouldn't be too disappointed.

"Look at his record - he scores nearly 20 goals a year every year.

"That's incredible for a midfielder.

"I think he's a must to play for England.

"I think Frank is top drawer. I'd have him in any England team. And I don't say that because he's a relation."

Some of those quotes are from six weeks ago!

Back