• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/t bmj

NickTB

Alan Hutton
http://www1.skysports.com/football/...ont-fulham-boo-boys-admits-manager-martin-jol

Martin Jol has hit out at the Fulham boo-boys - and admitted he sometimes feels like confronting them face to face.

Shouts of "Jol out" could be heard at the end of Saturday's 1-1 draw with West Brom, whose equaliser came in stoppage time.

The Cottagers have not won since the opening day of the season but the Dutchman warned against lofty expectations and revealed a minority of supporters riled him to a point that could land him in hot water.

"I'm a very proud person and I'm used to playing in the top five or even higher," former Tottenham, Ajax and Hamburg boss Jol said.

"I came here to try and help the club and I would like to help them, make the fans happy. Hopefully I can do that, and if not then we will have a problem.

"At that end, there's always five, 10 or 15 who shout at me. It looked a bit more, maybe 25 or 30, so it's getting more and more.

"When people start yelling at you...I would like people to be a bit more appreciative. If they are not, what can I do about it?

"I can't tell them to come outside of the stadium after the game so I have to put up with it."

On occasion, Jol has been tempted to confront his critics.

He added: "Sometimes you make mistakes. I remember last year, I think it was the same geezer there and I did something but luckily enough nobody saw it.

"It's hard to fight expectation levels and maybe a minority feels we should be in the top four or something.

"But if you play in a European cup final (Fulham reached the 2010 Europa League final) then the expectation levels are too high. But that was three years ago.

"I played two semi-finals of the European Cup and I've forgotten about it, you know."

:lol: Can you imagine Martin Jol coming at you? Sod that!

[video=youtube;bzsOq3CM5qY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzsOq3CM5qY[/video]

I still wish he'd knocked him out and taken the massive ban that would have followed. :)

Maybe if they won some games and didn't concede in stoppage time people wouldn't boo!

Ooh I say, Martin, Tarquin and I, and these Japanese tourists in front of us, don't think you're doing a very good job!

Schut up, geezer. Or I'll do schomething that might be a mischtake.

Oh deary me, well, it was most the tourists saying things.

Jol, Jol, Martin Martin Jol, he's got no hair but we don't care Martin Martin Jol!

Really wish we hadn't sacked him and brought in Ramos.

Maybe if they won some games and didn't concede in stoppage time people wouldn't boo!

Ooh I say, Martin, Tarquin and I, and these Japanese tourists in front of us, don't think you're doing a very good job!

Schut up, geezer. Or I'll do schomething that might be a mischtake.

Oh deary me, well, it was most the tourists saying things.

Lol

Nice bloke and I wish him all the best but why he is idolised by so many Spurs fans I have no idea.

Got us playing good football, back to back 5th place finishes out of nowhere after years and years of mediocrity. His loveable character in interviews, the whole squarring up to Wenger. Could he have taken us further? Nope. But he was a key part of our development as a club in my view.

Got us playing good football, back to back 5th place finishes out of nowhere after years and years of mediocrity. His loveable character in interviews, the whole squarring up to Wenger. Could he have taken us further? Nope. But he was a key part of our development as a club in my view.

Don't get me wrong, he didn't deserve to be sacked in the manner in which it happened, but I do feel he had taken us as far as he could. Our record against the top teams under him was shocking despite one great win against Chelsea. I think people let him off the hook for the lasagne season when we actually threw away a lot of points late in games, then again we had Robinson in goal so he can't be blamed for everything.

He will always be an 'almost man', not able to iron out the last few wrinkles. We saw it with us, we saw it at Hamburg and we're seeing it now with Fulham. His Ajax team scored a record number of goals (106) and had a GD of +86, but still couldn't win the title. At Fulham he can't really afford to fall out with players as he usually ends up doing. Similar to Redknapp in that aspect, if your not among his favorites you're pretty much invisible.

He will always be an 'almost man', not able to iron out the last few wrinkles. We saw it with us, we saw it at Hamburg and we're seeing it now with Fulham. His Ajax team scored a record number of goals (106) and had a GD of +86, but still couldn't win the title. At Fulham he can't really afford to fall out with players as he usually ends up doing. Similar to Redknapp in that aspect, if your not among his favorites you're pretty much invisible.

I think that's a bit unfair - IIRC it was something of a freak season featuring record points tallies for the top 2, and their points total would've won them the league in virtually any other season.

I loved BMJ when he were with us . As others have already said, from the position we were when he took over, he did great for us .

However the flak he's getting at the Cottage is warranted as far as I'm concerned . If I were a Fulham fan I'd be a little bit more than concerned about a manager that sets the team up to include a midfield central pairing of, Steve Sidwell and Scotty Parker.

But two of our 3 next managers did better jobs than him but they don't/didn't get anywhere near the same adulation.

It was fun going to the Lane when Jol was manager which it hadn't been for ages. I can't speak for anyone else but turning up and not expecting us to get spanked was a real novelty. Yes we have gone on to bigger things and greater successes since but it was built on the platform built by Jol.

But two of our 3 next managers did better jobs than him but they don't/didn't get anywhere near the same adulation.

But it wasn't the same job though was it? The 3 managers Jol, Redknapp and AVB have all been responsible for our gradual improvement year on year heightening expectation as we progress. Jol started it. That was a big task. Considering the mid table dross we were used to seeing for much of the 2000s

Back