• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T - 20 Seasons of Premier League

The celebrations were really crap, how some of the them are deemed as great is beyond me excluding the fact they were performed by prolific scorers

Alan Shearer on that list is a joke. Probably the most boring celebration even if he only did it once. But over and over and over again...

(they were really struggling to make it to 20 categories to have to put celebration in the anyway)

How they haven't included our 4-5 game against Arsenal as one of the all time matches I have no idea.

Also, IMO Gomes made many better saves than 80% of the "best saves ever" - his save from that Giggs free kick is surely better than ALL the top 10 they have chosen.

Edited: Surely Schmeichel made better saves than the two they have listed?

How they haven't included our 4-5 game against Arsenal as one of the all time matches I have no idea.

Also, IMO Gomes made many better saves than 80% of the "best saves ever" - his save from that Giggs free kick is surely better than ALL the top 10 they have chosen.

Edited: Surely Schmeichel made better saves than the two they have listed?

So true, been some much better goals in that time aswell. Don't really think Beckham's deserves a place

So true, been some much better goals in that time aswell. Don't really think Beckham's deserves a place

Yep. Coincidently, quite a few crackers against us they've missed out - I remember Rod Wallace scoring a ridiculous goal in the early 90s.

Good to see the Le Tiss ones though, the 2nd goal is a beauty.

at least none were against us, I thing Begkamp has the hype to win it, and I can't see rooneys shinner winning it, I think mendez from the halfway line should have at least been in there, or they could create a 'best ref fudge ups in history section' and it would win hands down

If there is one thing that the Premier League has done more successfully than anything else, it's their marketing.

Although these votes are presented as the best examples of '...........', from a marketing perspective they want the winners to be the players recognised as the greats. The image of Shearer or Beckham being presented with an award is always going to be more usable than a Rod Wallace or Ian Woan.

at least none were against us, I thing Begkamp has the hype to win it, and I can't see rooneys shinner winning it, I think mendez from the halfway line should have at least been in there, or they could create a 'best ref fudge ups in history section' and it would win hands down

Best goal for me was Di Canio's, I fudging love that goal. Best game and saves should have included our 4-3 v spam and Gomes FK save against the rapist. Gordon's save is the best though, truly astonishing

Back