• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nuno Espírito Santo - Sacked

I don't get the hate. He's english (freeing up a non home grown spot) and backup. Who else we going to get?

Personally I dont hate him, however he's very weak for a back-up keeper for a top PL side. If lloris was out for 3 months, we'd drop so many point with Hart in goal

Personally I dont hate him, however he's very weak for a back-up keeper for a top PL side. If lloris was out for 3 months, we'd drop so many point with Hart in goal

We have to be transitioning him to third choice, as others have said, HG, low wages, cost nothing to acquire and seemingly does play a role in dressing room.

I'd expect we see a backup come in this window, if lucky the long term replacement planning for Lloris.

I'm so excited. And I just deep-fried it.

Yeah, kicking back with a platter of battered boquerones and a litre of Vino Verde.

I'm in the mood for Nuno. The man who is gonna turn this club around sharpish while nicely holding the fort for Poch to return to once he's acquired title-winning experience at Pishingmoney St. Germain.

It's gonna be an awesome time for Spurs. Ah, Gretchen! Would you pour me a Cuban Breeze?

The physicality/close contact drills are interesting

When I was coaching youths up to two seasons ago, I ran a similar drill to show them the 'line' physically and how to use their bodies. Really important skill. I found one of the biggest challenges in the u-13s was teaching them football is played with your entire body and not just your legs! Sounds daft but two feet, balance, knowing physicality...

We have to be transitioning him to third choice, as others have said, HG, low wages, cost nothing to acquire and seemingly does play a role in dressing room.

I'd expect we see a backup come in this window, if lucky the long term replacement planning for Lloris.

Nothing really to do with hart per se here, but this role in dressing room rubbish needs to stop.
Thats hart, Sissoko, moura, harry, dier and son all "playing a role" or "good in the dressing room", or "vocal". Not to mention jose "the winner".
Well i don't see it, and i certainly did not see it for vast amounts of last season, not where it counts anyway, on the pitch, and definitely not when it counts.
We, as a club, seem to put way to much store on this rubbish, which when it is clearly not working, is bizarre and very damaging.
Hart (anong others) isn't good enough, keeping him around because he is popular sends out a bad message.
It leads to complacency and slackness.

Nothing really to do with hart per se here, but this role in dressing room rubbish needs to stop.
Thats hart, Sissoko, moura, harry, dier and son all "playing a role" or "good in the dressing room", or "vocal". Not to mention jose "the winner".
Well i don't see it, and i certainly did not see it for vast amounts of last season, not where it counts anyway, on the pitch, and definitely not when it counts.
We, as a club, seem to put way to much store on this rubbish, which when it is clearly not working, is bizarre and very damaging.
Hart (anong others) isn't good enough, keeping him around because he is popular sends out a bad message.
It leads to complacency and slackness.

Don't think they are one and the same - can do both "playing a role" while pushing winning mentality and work ethic boundaries. Sometimes some older brotherly advice can help young ones avoid bad habits or a cheerful attitude lighten things when needed. Hard to say how this quantifies into benefits like wins, but its stuff like this that builds the team culture.

That mentality thing is very important I agree and was surprised how quickly it all went away around the time of the CL final.

Don't think they are one and the same - can do both "playing a role" while pushing winning mentality and work ethic boundaries. Sometimes some older brotherly advice can help young ones avoid bad habits or a cheerful attitude lighten things when needed. Hard to say how this quantifies into benefits like wins, but its stuff like this that builds the team culture.

That mentality thing is very important I agree and was surprised how quickly it all went away around the time of the CL final.
Its a nebulous role at best, and one that i can see no signs of working at the club.
And if that role is the difference between keeping them or shipping them out then i would suggest evidence points to it not working.
As i said, this isn't about hart per se, but what kind of message does it send out to the squad if we won't bin off inferior players because they are "good in the dressing room".
Who do you want on the pitch beside you when it matters, Sissoko, good guy and a great laugh, but not very good.
Or a guy like glc or lamela. Can play a bit, gives it their all but is maybe a more intense and quiet character.
I know who i would want, but we seem to always go for the good guy, at our cost.
The environment we create does not seem to mirror our ambition.

Back