• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nottingham Forest - match ratings

Bentaleb was the poorest performer last night I felt. Some of Stamboulis passes were misplaced to Bentaleb as Bentaleb would stop his run, this happened on multiple occasions. I thought Ben Davies was sloppy as was Fazio a few times. Says alot about the game if the MOM was a sub who came on with 30 mins left.

Really really hate 1 striker up top - like all teams play. The forest striker was non existent as was Soldado. It really sucks the in the box shooting out of the game. Having said that I enjoyed going to the game just to watch my 7 year olds excitement when at the Lane.

Also think Vertonghen is escaping punishment for the goal.
If you watch the replay he twice looks behind him, sees the oncoming goalscorer, then merely points to him whilst then running towards the near post. He was only ever going to get caught in no mans land here positionally, and it proved to be the case. Davies was never going to reach the Forest player in time so Vert should've taken control of the situation and held his position to block the impending pull back pass.

But he was running to mark the player closer to the ball! He had 2 men to himself - don't see how he can get any blame here...

Agree about his overall performance especially regarding speed of turn, awareness and positioning but it's still very early days so surely we need to cut him some slack until he's adjusted to the pace and intensity of the English game? Look how long it's taking the likes of Soldado and Lamela yet the amount of indulgence they're getting seems unlimited.

It looked as though Fazio just wasn't used to being harassed by several players snapping at his heels all at once, yet that brilliant last ditch tackle you mentioned was not his only one last night so maybe there's something more in his locker to come once he's found his feet.

Absolutely - I'll be cutting him plenty for the first few months!

He made a challenge for the ball, but it went past him. Fazio goes wide to try and cut off their attacker, while Vertonghen lumber across the area to where he's not needed, ignoring a ****load of space behind where the goalscorer pops up. Vertonghen leaves his man and Davies never picks him up.

http://www.soccerhighlightstoday.com/2014/09/video-tottenham-hotspur-3-1-nottingham.html?m=1

When Mason scores the ball trickles back onto the pitch for Soldado who hits the post. :lol:

this is so true
that goal was verts fault. he only had 1 guy to mark.
naughton gets the blame for everything when in fact hes a very good right back. better then walker imo

Back