• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Non-Home Grown Players

It's not really a minimum of home-grown or club-trained, but a maximum of 17 that don't fit whatever criterias are used.

If UEFA demands that some are registered you just use U21s.

For the EL the u21 players must have been with the club for an uninterupted period of 2 years (can have been at the club for that, then out on loan, then returned and be eligible). So Lamela (if signed), Eriksen (if signed) and Fryers won't be eligible for the B-list and must thus be registered as part of the 25 man A-list squad if they are to take part.

In addition to that the EL has the additional "club trained player" regulations. 4 of the 8 home grown players must have been trained at the club.

Regulations: http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles.../Regulations/01/62/69/60/1626960_DOWNLOAD.pdf (pdf)

I'm not entirely confident about this, but I think if a player goes out on loan that period doesn't count towards them being trained at the club. Would be great if someone can either correct me or say that I'm right here.

I'm quite sure Lennon and Townsend both qualify. Not sure about Rose. I don't think we have any others that qualify, but once against I could be wrong.

I think we might have to leave someone out of the EL squad, but I suppose we'll know soon enough.

^^Reading the rule, I think you are correct, the key phrase being continuous or not. In other words, the total length of time the player's registration has been held at the club between age 15 and 21 must be either three whole seasons or 36 months.

^^Reading the rule, I think you are correct, the key phrase being continuous or not. In other words, the total length of time the player's registration has been held at the club between age 15 and 21 must be either three whole seasons or 36 months.

I know for a fact that Ryan Bertrand was club trained at Chelsea even though he was always out on loan. So I'm sure the loans don't have an effect.

Well, if you're saying time on loan still counts, that's not how the rule reads. He may have been "always out on loan," but still qualified with a total of at least 36 months at Chelsea, I suppose...

Back