• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

No 10

K.D.D.D.D.Soc

Paul Walsh
Does Poch play a designate No10? I think he wants his three attacking midfield players to inter-change during the game and create space for Kane and the full backs. The a trio of Lamela, Son, Erikson and Ali fit that profile well. I'm probably wrong as I think it's a simple game and has to be kept simple for the players.

No

He has said in the past he was multiple players who can play across the whole of attack hence why he called them all number 10s

It why eriksens perceived performances look inferior to last year

I think Alli stays pretty central, but he can drop deep with Dembele/Mason/Carroll going further forward, while Eriksen and Lamela go all over the place, but mainly wider positions.

So, not really, but maybe Alli -- that's my answer ;)

Alli is more box to box, certainly not the creative force/'in the hole' player that is associated with a #10. I still say we are closer to a 4-3-3 than a 4-2-3-1, but how exactly we line up varies with the players selected. Alli tends to play to the right of Dier and Dembele to the left. It think shows that Poch is doing a great job, players know their position defensively and they're fluid going forward.

Back