• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager

Who do you want as the next Spurs manager?

• Tim Sherwood

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • Glenn Hoddle

• Michael Laudrup

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Ole Gunnar Solskjær

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Fabio Capello

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Lucien Favre

• Luciano Spalletti

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Marcelo Bielsa

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 53 46.5%

• Total voters
Re: New Manager Poll

Barca play the Ajax style pretty much. Cryuff effectively duplicated the Ajax style and academy at La Masia and each subsequent manager tweaked it until you get what you see today.

Guardiola is widely accepted as adding the defensive nous to the Ajax template. A lot of it robbed from the Italians actually, 3-1 rule etc.

agreed actually

i dont know about the last bit though, but thats just due to my lack of knowledge

Hiddink would be immense, Capello v.good, i like Paul Lambert, hmmmmmm ...Laudrup is still a good option too despite Swansea not being great.

But... But... We have to attack all out, no holds barred from the first minute to the last. Otherwise that's just not the Tottenham way, right?

No but it would be good if the new manager can work out a system that enables us to create more then 1 clear cut chance every 5 games at home.

Sherwood.

Part of the problem is working with Levy. Levy seems to rate Sherwood. If the two of them can work well together, it might be our best option.

Not necessarily the best manager available, but the one who will best suit our set up.

Last edited:

surprised, no one votes for two leading candidates, Hoddle & Capello, so far.

I personally prefer Klinsmann but see a slim chance that will happen.

Yakin denies contact with Tottenham

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/267293.html?CMP=OTC-RSS

Basel coach Murat Yakin has denied he has spoken to Tottenham about replacing Andre Villas-Boas.

Yakin, 39, has impressed since taking charge of Basel in October last year, leading the club to the 2013 Swiss title as well as eliminating Spurs en route to last season's Europa League semi-final.

They are currently top of the Swiss Super League going into the winter break, and also attracted praise after beating Chelsea home and away in their Champions League group this year, even if they ultimately missed out on a place in the knockout phase.

Yakin's efforts have seen him listed among the candidates to replace Villas-Boas, who was dismissed after Sunday's 5-0 home defeat to Liverpool, and he has also been linked with Serie A side Lazio, where Vladimir Petkovic is under heavy pressure.

However, he has told Blick: "I am enjoying my holidays. I have had no contact with Lazio or Tottenham."

Basel president Bernhard Heusler added: "There has been no contact between the clubs."

Despite the denials, Blick sources claim Yakin's agent has travelled to London for talks with Spurs, although the Swiss tabloid reports that the language barrier may be an issue.

Tim Sherwood, who will lead Spurs in a caretaker capacity alongside Les Ferdinand and Chris Ramsey, has been tipped as a frontrunner for the permanent job.

Molde football club today confirms that foreign clubs have shown interest in Ole Gunnar Solskjær, saying it's a possibility he'll leave the club as early as January. They won't say which clubs have been in contact regarding Solskjær, but speculations point to WBA and Spurs.

I couldnt care who our manager is....

All I care about firstly is that we start playing attacking football again... Making WHL fun to be at again! We need someone who can make the most of Holtby/ Erikson, Soldado and Lemela....

this season, CL would be a bonus, next year challenging...

Molde football club today confirms that foreign clubs have shown interest in Ole Gunnar Solskjær, saying it's a possibility he'll leave the club as early as January. They won't say which clubs have been in contact regarding Solskjær, but speculations point to WBA and Spurs.

His form at Molde doesn't blow me away..

Id take Sherwood or anyone for 6 months if it meant getting Klopp in the summer!

I feel we need to look towards Germany and there sucessful coaches as the style is similar to the Premiership.

Fast Counter attacking football has won this league pretty much every season, United masters of it, Chelsea under jose first time won the ball high up the pitch and countered, Arsenal with Overmars and Anelka was about breaks and pace.

Maybe the later Arsenal team with Henry you could argue was possession based, but by enlarge its about quick counter football in this league currently and I think Klopp would be excellent for us.

Time to put £10 on him being next WBA manager I think. There is ZERO chance that he'll be the one Levy turns to. He would be too much of a risk, has been good at Molde but not shown anything in Europe. He is @ 10 to be next WBA manager.

His form at Molde doesn't blow me away..

Three titles in three years? Pretty good, if you ask me. Doesn't mean he'll be a success anywhere else, but he has delivered for Molde.

The thing about Solskjær, and I know this, since I've been following him since he was a promising teenager in the Norwegian third division, is that he adapts to higher levels very quickly - like he did when he transferred to Molde as a player. He immediately made an impact, scoring 31 goals in 38 games for the club, before being transferred to United about a year and a half later, where he scored 18 goals in his first season. Two years after he scored goals for fun in the Norwegian lower leagues, he helped United to the PL title.

Solskjær is determined, he's a winner, and he's constantly wanting to learn and to improve, both as a player and as a manager. He's always been that way. That's why I think he can go all the way to be a top, top manager one day - but whether he's good enough to take on the job in a big club like Spurs right now, I'm not sure. It would be a gamble, and it could be too soon for him. But he has bags of potential, IMO.

Back