• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager

Lets be realistic, the like of Simeone aren't even going to pick up the phone.

Benitez, bit of a personal gripe, but I can't bloody stand him or his management

I think it’s worth asking, he’s intimated an interest in the PL and was linked with Arsenal after Wenger, we are in a better state now than they were then imo.

I'm betting it'll be Howe. I'd have reservations but he's the type of manager Levy would like. Not high profile enough to cause problems when the transfer budget isnt what he wants and he's done a great job at Bournemouth.

I'm betting it'll be Howe. I'd have reservations but he's the type of manager Levy would like. Not high profile enough to cause problems when the transfer budget isnt what he wants and he's done a great job at Bournemouth.
That would be a disaster. Benetez too - but he’s on a fudging mint in China so we should be insulated against that option!

I think we are going to have a lot of interest, CL regulars, phenomenal squad and facilities.
I reckon Jose has a massive hard on for this role. That squad, stadium, and potentially more funds.

Get the spend agreed with Daniel, come in, buy a right back, brutalise some clams and freeze some more in the stiffs, sign Bale, win a quick trophy,

fudge off and retire saying you are again the special one.

We are royally fckd, lets face it.
Levy won’t/can’t change in terms of funds.
Poch is the best at getting players to over achieve, and he’s struggling right now.
Apart from a relief bounce with someone new, we would regress with a new gaffer. All this with clams that want to leave.

Irony is we just got into the new stadium and the financial purse strings should be loosening imminently

I reckon Jose has a massive hard on for this role. That squad, stadium, and potentially more funds.

Get the spend agreed with Daniel, come in, buy a right back, brutalise some clams and freeze some more in the stiffs, sign Bale, win a quick trophy,

fudge off and retire saying you are again the special one.

All press indicates he is after the Madrid job.

That said, family based in London and the opportunity to prove he isn't just a chequebook manager...

Irony is we just got into the new stadium and the financial purse strings should be loosening imminently
You’re completely right. The transfer window and Levy over negotiating went against us in the summer.

We should have had a proper right back sorted and Aurier let go, Eriksen out for Bruno Fernandes, and Dybala in as a marquee signing.

If we’d been ‘acting like a big club’ there’s no reason why we shouldn’t have at least been breaking ground on succession planning too for the centre backs and goalkeeping positions.

We just showed a lack of ambition and drive instead - mopping up the bare minimum from what should have been done 2-3 windows ago.

You’re completely right. The transfer window and Levy over negotiating went against us in the summer.

We should have had a proper right back sorted and Aurier let go, Eriksen out for Bruno Fernandes, and Dybala in as a marquee signing.

If we’d been ‘acting like a big club’ there’s no reason why we shouldn’t have at least been breaking ground on succession planning too for the centre backs and goalkeeping positions.

We just showed a lack of ambition and drive instead - mopping up the bare minimum from what should have been done 2-3 windows ago.

We spent more in the summer than ever before, arguably the beginning of the good times rolling

We did spend £150m on ALL the targets that everyone declared we wanted very very early in the window

Back