• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager v.2

Who do you want?

• Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • Mauro Pochettino

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • Roberto Martinez

Votes: 16 13.2%
  • Carlo Ancelotti

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thomas Tuchel

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Rafa Benitez

Votes: 29 24.0%
  • Someone Else

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We would be insane to not speak to someone else.

The Sherwood appointment seems to have happened mostly because we were caught with our pants down by AVB leaving, the club would be in purely amateur hour mode if we haven't spoken to multiple options both before and after appointing TS.

I agree with the before part and maybe that is the reason they haven't spoken to anybody in the "after" part. It may be they got an provisional "yes but after the end of the season/WC" from their first or second choice and TS is plan B / C / Z in case it doesn't happen close season.

We can only pray that is the situation.

He tried that in his second spell at Ajax and absolutely hated it.

His main reason for leaving Holland now is because he says he is missing the day-to-day work on the training pitch.

I'd be interested in reading more about this. Where did you see that?

"The reservation is that Van Gaal could make White Hart Lane an even more toxic environment than it already is; the club need someone to repair, not tear down. Surely a man once likened to Adolf Hitler, who alienated much of his Bayern Munich squad during a recent two-year spell, offers only further turmoil and carnage, not the nursing salve Spurs crave."

No chance GB wrote it.

"The reservation is that Van Gaal could make White Hart Lane an even more toxic environment than it already is; the club need someone to repair, not tear down. Surely a man once likened to Adolf Hitler, who alienated much of his Bayern Munich squad during a recent two-year spell, offers only further turmoil and carnage, not the nursing salve Spurs crave."

No chance GB wrote it.

In all honesty, that is my concern. From what I've heard his management seems even more extreme than that of Ramos and AVB in terms of controlling players. I don't know if that is what we need. On the other hand, someone who demands respect and actually has the record that means the players give it to him (this shouldn't be an excuse but I suppose it's human nature).

If it is what we need, Levy needs to stand by him during the inevitable humps and bumps that we will go through in the beginning.

In all honesty, that is my concern. From what I've heard his management seems even more extreme than that of Ramos and AVB in terms of controlling players. I don't know if that is what we need. On the other hand, someone who demands respect and actually has the record that means the players give it to him (this shouldn't be an excuse but I suppose it's human nature).

If it is what we need, Levy needs to stand by him during the inevitable humps and bumps that we will go through in the beginning.

well from what i have heard the players responded well to AVB on the training field and were impressed with the "professional" approach, in the beginning that is im don't know how they felt towards the end - i think with anything it comes down to whether there is an improvement, If we are struggling around mid table or playing below ourselves then the players are going to be frustrated and unhappy but if we get off to a good start and things go well then they are likely to get on board with the managers approach (as they can see the positive results of their work)

I'd be interested in reading more about this. Where did you see that?

Off the top of my head, it's either discussed in the Dutch tv show with Ruud Gullit back in January, or the radio interview with the Dutch journalist February/March time. Both are in this thread somewhere, but I don't have time at the moment to search them out and re-listen to them.

The more I think about the leaks at our club (often stemming from TS and chums?) the more I think we REALLY need LVG to shake the playing side up from top to bottom and stick two-fingers to the TS-loving media-mob.

Any other manager imo would get fried early on in his Spurs career: the biased questioning and reporting would just be too much for any other manager who we could get at this time imo

This is assuming of course that we wont stick with TS...

we have never ever been as close to being able to appoint as highly decorated and experienced manager as LVG. He's the calibre of manager who typically manages successful CL teams. It would be an absolute GHod-send if he were to join us. I reallly cany understand why anyone wouldnt want him

it's all well and good him managing typical CL sides - he's managed Barca Bayern and Ajax - 3 of the biggest teams in the world, 2 of which are the biggest teams in their country - how does that translate to managing the 6th biggest club in England and out fighting those above? not to mention he's been in International football for the past few years and his rather 'old skool' methods - there's plenty out there for people to be skeptical about mate

it's got to a point though that i just want him here now, sink or swim - just get it done

it's all well and good him managing typical CL sides - he's managed Barca Bayern and Ajax - 3 of the biggest teams in the world, 2 of which are the biggest teams in their country - how does that translate to managing the 6th biggest club in England and out fighting those above? not to mention he's been in International football for the past few years and his rather 'old skool' methods - there's plenty out there for people to be skeptical about mate

it's got to a point though that i just want him here now, sink or swim - just get it done

He did also manage AZ Alkmaar to win the Eredivisie, that is no mean feat.

The pull he would have players in transfers compared to TS must be huge, we need that if we aren't a ECL team. We need to stay attractive (darlings)

Let's hope that Manure and Arsenal both keep their managers. One probably will, but which one?
As for TS, much as I dislike him, he may yet prove us wrong. Hopefully he is learning a great deal, apart from having his "I am Tim Sherwood, my will to win conquers all" mentality reinforced!

But it may be no bad thing for a manager to be an egoistical prat....

Let's hope that Manure and Arsenal both keep their managers. One probably will, but which one?
As for TS, much as I dislike him, he may yet prove us wrong. Hopefully he is learning a great deal, apart from having his "I am Tim Sherwood, my will to win conquers all" mentality reinforced!

But it may be no bad thing for a manager to be an egoistical prat....

Didn't do Cloughie any harm.

Re: Steve Bruce wants to be Tottenham manager

To be fair, he has done a good job at Hull and they probably had the best January window of any Premier League club but it is a no from me

right on. won't be credible until we throw hughton, pardew and poyet in the hat too.

Let's face it he's unlikely to be anywhere near Levy's shortlist. But I admire the way he chose to make Thudd the fulcrum of his team because he wanted to bring some flair and panache to the side, so if we were to run out of better options I could probably live with him.

Hehehehe. Ian Holloway would probably also want to be Spurs manager. Ron Atkinson too. :lol:

[video=youtube;zfhLi2gyG8E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfhLi2gyG8E[/video]

Back