• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager v.2

Who do you want?

• Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • Mauro Pochettino

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • Roberto Martinez

Votes: 16 13.2%
  • Carlo Ancelotti

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thomas Tuchel

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Rafa Benitez

Votes: 29 24.0%
  • Someone Else

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm looking forward to seeing what van Gaal does with no pre-season and no new players.

That is indeed the problem. That by-and-large English coaches are still being schooled very much in the dark ages. Or they just replicate the way they were coached in the 70s, 80s and 90s.

Adkins, McDermott, Hoddle, Hodgson, Hughton (technically Irish), possibly McClaren, are all moving towards the right direction or were near the cutting edge a decade ago. But there's no strong candidate.

I think part of our problem is that we just hand the reins to ex-players, with no preparation. A lot of European coaches do degrees in sports science or sports psychology, before they get anywhere near the practical stuff.

I've asked this before but in what way do you consider Houghton to be a progressive coach?

I'm looking forward to seeing what van Gaal does with no pre-season and no new players.

Top 4 at a cantor, maybe a cup to boot (if perhaps given a passable LB).

I've asked this before but in what way do you consider Houghton to be a progressive coach?

His Marxist approach to managing the squad - collectivism and the powerful players’ committee. His dedication to detail and preparation (much like Pochettino and AVB).

His tactics are perhaps a bit conservative, but overall I'd put him on the progressive side of the spectrum, especially compared with the likes of Pulis, Allardyce, Sherwood and Pardew.

His Marxist approach to managing the squad - collectivism and the powerful players’ committee. His dedication to detail and preparation (much like Pochettino and AVB).

His tactics are perhaps a bit conservative, but overall I'd put him on the progressive side of the spectrum, especially compared with the likes of Pulis, Allardyce, Sherwood and Pardew.

Hey Gutterboy I read that LVG's assistant it moving to Arsenal to take over youth development there, so who would be his assistant if he came? that chap that Fulham sacked this season who was at Man U last year. I am basing that on them both being dutch but who else would he be likely to bring in surely he will need an assistant.

Marxist ? I like the sound of that.

Good news everyone. David Moyes was able to draw against the almighty juggernaut that is Bayern Munich, a definate tick in the "reasons to keep" column for the Glazers.

Hey Gutterboy I read that LVG's assistant it moving to Arsenal to take over youth development there, so who would be his assistant if he came? that chap that Fulham sacked this season who was at Man U last year. I am basing that on them both being dutch but who else would he be likely to bring in surely he will need an assistant.

His two current assistants are Danny Blind and Patrick Kliuvert. I think the Dutch FA want to keep Blind to work with Hiddink, but I'm sure we could make him an attractive offer if LVG wanted to bring him with him.

Otherwise Andries Jonker, the current assistant at Wolfsburg, is someone LVG has worked with before (at Bayern). Gerard van der Lem, his assistant throughout at Ajax, is over in Turkey at the moment.

I actually think he likes to freshen things up though, rather than rely on the same trusty old hands. My outside bet (following Levy's pattern with Poyet and Freund), would actually be on the return of Edgar Davids. Ronald de Boer (youth coach at Ajax) is another ex-player of his he might take under his wing (like he has in the past with Rijkard, Guardiola, FDB, Kliuvert and Blind).

Marxist ? I like the sound of that.

Yeah. Chris Hughton and Tony Galvin both used to write for a newspaper called The News Line, run by the Workers Revolutionary Party (British Trotskyists): http://www.theguardian.com/football...di Sportswashing Machine-united-middlesbrough

His two current assistants are Danny Blind and Patrick Kliuvert. I think the Dutch FA want to keep Blind to work with Hiddink, but I'm sure we could make him an attractive offer if LVG wanted to bring him with him.

Otherwise Andries Jonker, the current assistant at Wolfsburg, is someone LVG has worked with before (at Bayern). Gerard van der Lem, his assistant throughout at Ajax, is over in Turkey at the moment.

I actually think he likes to freshen things up though, rather than rely on the same trusty old hands. My outside bet (following Levy's pattern with Poyet and Freund), would actually be on the return of Edgar Davids. Ronald de Boer (youth coach at Ajax) is another ex-player of his he might take under his wing (like he has in the past with Rijkard, Guardiola, FDB, Kliuvert and Blind).

Yeah. Chris Hughton and Tony Galvin both used to write for a newspaper called The News Line, run by the Workers Revolutionary Party (British Trotskyists): http://www.theguardian.com/football...di Sportswashing Machine-united-middlesbrough

Well Tony Galvin was always a quality left winger.

Sorry for my negativity tonight, but I can just see it. Wenger retires at the end of the season, or leaves to manage France. LVG goes to the Emirates...

If its as reported, and pretty much a done deal, then I can't imagine Sherwood is the only one with a 'list' in their minds.

Levy may already have one sitting on his bespoke manager-hide covered desk.

Sherwood would be a nice story...young in-house former player youth team coach makes good home grown English boy never managed before who sits in stands and ridicules press. Did I miss anything? And yet supposed to finish top 4. You couldn't make this stuff up. How often does it work that way in PL or Champions League these days? It would be like a fairy tale come true. A fantasy. Oh and Verts and a few others are not sure and maybe want out. Gee, ya think? In the mean time we'd best appoint LVG or someone of his ilk who actually has experience and a network and who will develop Lamela and Paulinho.

Danny Blind has agreed a deal to remain as Hiddinks assistant until 2016 and then Blind himself will take over from Hiddink from 2016 to 2018........Jonker has signed a contract with Arsanal to be their new head of youth development or something like that.So what are we left with Kluivert???? meh, just another Les Ferdinand hanging around the place

Danny Blind has agreed a deal to remain as Hiddinks assistant until 2016 and then Blind himself will take over from Hiddink from 2016 to 2018........Jonker has signed a contract with Arsanal to be their new head of youth development or something like that.So what are we left with Kluivert???? meh, just another Les Ferdinand hanging around the place

Hmm...Kluivert vs Ferdinand as a striker coach:-k

Does anybody have any idea as to whether Kliuvert would the 'striking coach' if LVG comes? And would he be any good/better than Ferdinand?

Kluivert pi$$ed away what could arguably have been his prime. He'd done enough in his career to that point that he had nothing left to prove, but essentially giving up at 28 was sad to see.

Back