• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager v.2

Who do you want?

• Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • Mauro Pochettino

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • Roberto Martinez

Votes: 16 13.2%
  • Carlo Ancelotti

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thomas Tuchel

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Rafa Benitez

Votes: 29 24.0%
  • Someone Else

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
IMO, AVB only wanted out because we bottled it, didn't keep Bale, didn't even try to replace him properly, all after the half hearted efforts to get in Moutinho

had Levy held the courage of his convictions we'd have been fighting for the title today

I was not a fan or avb's and hated the football we played but we did not do right by him or any of our managers recently. Backing them does not mean going out and spending money it means going out and getting exactly what they want.

I would like some more experienced then Sherwood not that I hate him like some do, but if he is to stay we have to really back him and stand back.

Hopefully LVG will come in but if he has anything about him he will be questioning why Levy gets so involved with the football side of things.

Don't want LVG. Go for someone dynamic. Klopp or Simeone. Just show em the monies

There is absolutely no way that either of those would want to join Spurs.

For what it's worth, I think that you're a Spurs fan. If you were an Arsenal fan on the wind up, surely you would be trying to wind people up. But away from that strange 'Theo' reference, I can't see that you've made any other comments which would suggest that you follow Arsenal and not Spurs.

There is absolutely no way that either of those would want to join Spurs.

For what it's worth, I think that you're a Spurs fan. If you were an Arsenal fan on the wind up, surely you would be trying to wind people up. But away from that strange 'Theo' reference, I can't see that you've made any other comments which would suggest that you follow Arsenal and not Spurs.

Its clear as day in some comments. Check the General thread for example.

I was not a fan or avb's and hated the football we played but we did not do right by him or any of our managers recently. Backing them does not mean going out and spending money it means going out and getting exactly what they want.

I would like some more experienced then Sherwood not that I hate him like some do, but if he is to stay we have to really back him and stand back.

Hopefully LVG will come in but if he has anything about him he will be questioning why Levy gets so involved with the football side of things

Agreed! Well said Chich...

Couple of left field suggestions:
1. Tony Pulis.*
Get us defensively sound but with better forwards than he's worked with before.
Isn't that what Mourinho does?
Compare Pulis getting Stoke into Europe with Harry winning FA cup with Pompey.
*disclaimer - I know he had a rugby team but apparently Palace are easier on the eye, although I don't watch Palace so I don't know how much easier.
2. Soldado's previous manager - any good?

I watched Palace v Chescuunts the other day, they looked like a decent counter-attacking side. Robust as you'd expect, but not total cloggers like Stoke were. I don't think our fans would give him much slack though. But it's always interesting to think what managers like him would do with better resources.

We do need a strong leader who commands respect, a father figure who can either be the "arm around the shoulder" type like Harry was, or a general like Fergie, or something in between, like Wenger. We haven't had this since Redknapp.

The more I think about it, the more I want us to get Van Gaal. It would give the club really strong leadership and direction, someone even Levy would be forced to respect due to his prior achievements. Harry could only point to managing Pompey or West Ham, but LvG can point to being the main man at Bayern and Barca. Was only a few years ago he was contesting a Champions League final against Mourinho. He could show our club what it means to be big club with big aspirations. He could show Levy. We need a proper leader and I think he's the best we could get right now.

The more I think about it, the more I want us to get Van Gaal. It would give the club really strong leadership and direction, someone even Levy would be forced to respect due to his prior achievements. Harry could only point to managing Pompey or West Ham, but LvG can point to being the main man at Bayern and Barca. Was only a few years ago he was contesting a Champions League final against Mourinho. He could show our club what it means to be big club with big aspirations. He could show Levy. We need a proper leader and I think he's the best we could get right now.

yes I have to agree with that.

GB can put a post it on my bottom saying 'I told you so' and give me a bit of a rimming.

Not sure Pulis is top 4 type manager. That said. the contrast is striking. Experienced, professional, handles the media, works the officials, knows his players and how to get best out of them, they know and respect him, knows who his best eleven are, and formation/system.

I read an interesting presentation made by LVG in his barca days the other week, if I can find it I'll link it.
It pretty much shows that the way barca play now is down to the groundwork he laid years ago across all age groups.
The barca of today is not guardiolas child, it was van gaals baby.
So if we do go for LVG we may not see the fruition of his Labour for many years.

Just linked the same thing :)
10-15 years ago, could be seen as quite a forward thinker.
Van gaal created the much heralded false 9 and inverted wingers, admittedly though, guardiola done it with ronaldinho, e'too and messi slightly better than figo, overmars and kluivert

Just linked the same thing :)
10-15 years ago, could be seen as quite a forward thinker.
Van gaal created the much heralded false 9 and inverted wingers, admittedly though, guardiola done it with ronaldinho, e'too and messi slightly better than figo, overmars and kluivert

Rijkaard managed those 3......Ronnie left before Guardiola took over

Also, I think, van Gaal was the man who promoted Muller, Kroos, Badschtuber and Alaba to Bayern's main team.

I read an interesting presentation made by LVG in his barca days the other week, if I can find it I'll link it.
It pretty much shows that the way barca play now is down to the groundwork he laid years ago across all age groups.
The barca of today is not guardiolas child, it was van gaals baby.
So if we do go for LVG we may not see the fruition of his Labour for many years.

I don't want to belittle LVG's input but Barca's style is inherited from the Ajax academy via Cryuff and it's not true to say the groundwork was laid by LVG. Cruyff is the biological father, LVG was just a influential step dad. Guardiola is credited with adding the defensive nous on top of what was there - the pressing etc.

Back