• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager v.2

Who do you want?

• Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • Mauro Pochettino

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • Roberto Martinez

Votes: 16 13.2%
  • Carlo Ancelotti

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thomas Tuchel

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Rafa Benitez

Votes: 29 24.0%
  • Someone Else

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Moyes would be an absolute disaster of a choice at Spurs, but not because I don't think he is good. Just the wrong fit.

I do feel though if Moyes got Barry, McCarthy and Lukaku this season he would have had Everton doing just as well as Martinez had.

Moyes is crap, he is the absolute poster boy of loser mentatlity/bottlers. In a decade at Everton, his record against top 4 and Pool was unspeakably horrid, in 10 months he duplicated the exact same record at United. Whenever it really matters, a Moyes team will lose.

I would take Sherwood over Moyes any day.

What are they going to do? Fire him? Take his phone off him?!? Bit of a daft comments - he's obviously not going to fly from Brazil to the UK to discuss a contract however they cant exactly prevent him from speaking to his agent and clubs

They have a right as an employer to ask for a certain level of professionalism.

People from the UK could fly to Brazil to meet him, not that hard a stretch if a club wants to hire the guy.

I actually don't think the job Moyes did at United was that bad. I think most people have looked at United's squad over Fergie's last few seasons and thought that it was ripe for the taking.

They've been playing Giggs & Fletcher in central midfield and Van Persie covered up a lot of cracks in that squad.

To be fair, i thought the squad on paper would have been about 7th/8th quality if it wasn't for Van Persie and he's been out injured for a lot of this season and Mata was only added in January having failed to find his feet.

United changed chief exec in the summer and they were slow-moving in the market. Moyes clearly wanted Baines, Fellaini, Herrera and Bale in the summer and unlike AVB's demands to the Spurs board, when you're in charge of United, you've every right to demand players of that calibre but he only got Fellaini, who people have derided, but when at Everton was probably one of the top box-to-box players in the league and was exactly what United's midfield was crying out for. If he'd have got Herrera to play alongside along with Baines to replace Evra, plus the addition of Mata in Jan and had the Rooney/Van Persie partnership that won them the title the season before stayed fit, then things might have been a lot different for him.

I'm not saying I want him at Spurs, as i don't think he's a good fit for us, infact i think it would be a disasterous appointment, but what I'm saying is that he was left in the wake of the most successful PL era manager, with an aging and average squad and injury/fitness problems dogging their best player all season and he did not get backed with the necessary support to fix it.

I think Fergie would have struggled this season with a massive overhaul and I personally think that's partly why Fergie retired when he did, because he knew another massive overhaul was needed and he didn't have the stomach for it this time around...

I like Moyes but the job he did at United was nothing short of disastrous.

Really? The media have certainly painted that as the story - "champions to 7th" clearly is a massive headline for them.

But how much of their championship was just pure momentum when the petrol had run out, with a cheeky nitro-boost form Van Persie to get them over the line?

You look at their squad start of this season and I don't have them finishing above 7th if Van Persie doesn't stay fit and that's exactly what happened. Moyes got one signing in the summer - surely their summer transfer business was the disaster for them, IMO, not necessarily Moyes.

Don't get me wrong, I think someone like Van Gaal could have eeked every last cent out of that squad and had them on level points with, maybe Everton, but i'd say no higher - the idea that Moyes has done this mind-blowingly clueless retarded job there and just destroyed everything when it shouldn't have even been possible just doesn't wash to me.

He may have inherited champions, but its a bit like being given the CEO job at RBS just before 2008.

What are they going to do? Fire him? Take his phone off him?!? Bit of a daft comments - he's obviously not going to fly from Brazil to the UK to discuss a contract however they cant exactly prevent him from speaking to his agent and clubs

How much did we take from Chelsea after they spoke to Arnesen without our permission?

They've given him permission to speak to clubs in a window and expect him and interested clubs to respect that. If contracts are breached they could do something about it later, but I would expect van Gaal to respect them and wish for the same himself actually.

Really? The media have certainly painted that as the story - "champions to 7th" clearly is a massive headline for them.

But how much of their championship was just pure momentum when the petrol had run out, with a cheeky nitro-boost form Van Persie to get them over the line?

You look at their squad start of this season and I don't have them finishing above 7th if Van Persie doesn't stay fit and that's exactly what happened. Moyes got one signing in the summer - surely their summer transfer business was the disaster for them, IMO, not necessarily Moyes.

Don't get me wrong, I think someone like Van Gaal could have eeked every last cent out of that squad and had them on level points with, maybe Everton, but i'd say no higher - the idea that Moyes has done this mind-blowingly clueless retarded job there and just destroyed everything when it shouldn't have even been possible just doesn't wash to me.

He may have inherited champions, but its a bit like being given the CEO job at RBS just before 2008.

Do you think their transfer dealings would have gone the same with Ferguson in charge? I know they lost their chief exec, but still. I don't see it.

United have been poor under Moyes. A decline might have been expected, but not one of this magnitude.

Van Persie has been injured, but they still have Rooney, Welbeck, Hernandez, and Kagawa and Fellaini are both best played as a number 10 anyway.

I won't say he's been found out, he's obviously not a terrible manager and I think he will do well again for a somewhat smaller club. But that was not a good showing.

they have played differently under Moyes....even during their pre season tour of Asia i was shocked how quickly he got them playing more long balls from the back, the lack of clear cut chances being created, the over emphasis on crossing from the wings, the inability to control possession in games. I thought wow if its like this now then i dread to think how much worse it will get after he has had half a season to work with those players. It was like i wasnt watching Man Utd. Imo he and his staff are very much to blame for the shambles of this season.

LVG is quite an honourable person (or he can't lie/doesn't play the game anyway). If he says he's going to focus on Holland between May-July and give that his undivided attention, he'll do exactly that.

LVG is quite an honourable person (or he can't lie/doesn't play the game anyway). If he says he's going to focus on Holland between May-July and give that his undivided attention, he'll do exactly that.

it wont be as long as July anyway. Holland wont make it from their group so expect to see LVG in his new job by the 3rd week of June

Moyes isn't any better than Jol. And we sacked him because of his record against the top 4 (I'd wager Jol's record against the top 4 is better than Moyes - well it couldn't be worse).

it wont be as long as July anyway. Holland wont make it from their group so expect to see LVG in his new job by the 3rd week of June

Really? You thinking the Aussies will put up a fight??

Actually our record against the Dutch is pretty solid. Dont think theyve ever beaten us, the bottlers.

Moyes was always going to be the wrong appointment for Man Utd. Dreadful record against Liverpool, no wins away against any of the old Sky 4, choked in the Champions League qualifier after they came 4th, choked in the FA Cup final, choked in the FA Cup semi-final...as a manager of a top club you have to win the six pointers and the big cup matches, he consistently ****ed them up.

Tactically he's poor, the football is awful to watch and there's been criticisms about his coaching. The mark of a really good manager is getting the players already in the squad to play at their best - Young, Nani, Valencia, Kagawa, Jones, Mata etc have all looked like outstanding footballers at one stage or another, but all played the worst football of their careers under Moyes.

I think if our ambition is to finish 6-8th every year and play dull football, he'd be a good appointment. Otherwise stay well clear. I'd honestly rather have Sherwood.

they have played differently under Moyes....even during their pre season tour of Asia i was shocked how quickly he got them playing more long balls from the back, the lack of clear cut chances being created, the over emphasis on crossing from the wings, the inability to control possession in games. I thought wow if its like this now then i dread to think how much worse it will get after he has had half a season to work with those players. It was like i wasnt watching Man Utd. Imo he and his staff are very much to blame for the shambles of this season.

Agreed. Much more long ball football and way more focus on crossing.

Wasn't there a game where they had over 80 attempted crosses?

And at the same time, where United previously were amongst the best teams in the world at consistently making runs into the box when they delivered crosses under Ferguson they now looked more like us. 1-2, sometimes 3 players. Often rather stationary in the box.

And the one player that truly is a threat from crosses in their squad - Fellaini. When he's played as a number 10 at least, was played as a deep midfielder instead where he wasn't really in a position to get on the end of those crosses.

Moyes got a lot of things very wrong.

with the difference in finances about 50 million smackers between finishing 4th & 5th next season we really REALLY need this manager/coach malarky sorted early June by the latest...otherwise all our rivals will be weeks ahead of us in planning & the transfer market.

With BT's sponshorship kicking in and FFP its essential that we plan properly for next season and have a functioning system in place...ie Franco,Levy and ? as coach.

United will invest, City,Pool,Chelsea & Arsenal will strengthen....Everton are their to....right up there....we need to actually plan for next season now!!!!

Uncomfortable with being LVG second pick and he might not be available until July 1st and we need to have done alot of work before then to steal a march on our rivals in the transfer window! really worried we are going to be behind all our rivals this summer and end up behind them all next season.

If ever there was a season to get into the top 4 its next season with the riches it will bring and the gulf in funds from finishing fifth!!!

Come on Levy!!!! we need to get next season spot on...I hope to F**K he's on top of this!

What happened to positive Nigeyman? You make me nervous man!

Hopefully Baldini has settled in nicely to his role and along with Levy there will be enough there to make the moves we have to make in the market quickly whenever the manager issue is settled.

Usually unfortunate, but we normally have to wait with many of our moves until bigger clubs make their decisions anyway. Perhaps now it's to our advantage. Missing out on the early days transfer action won't make a big difference.

I've said it before, but any new manager/head coach worth his salt should be able to identify the obvious weaknesses in our squad fairly quickly.

What happened to positive Nigeyman? You make me nervous man!

Hopefully Baldini has settled in nicely to his role and along with Levy there will be enough there to make the moves we have to make in the market quickly whenever the manager issue is settled.

Usually unfortunate, but we normally have to wait with many of our moves until bigger clubs make their decisions anyway. Perhaps now it's to our advantage. Missing out on the early days transfer action won't make a big difference.

I've said it before, but any new manager/head coach worth his salt should be able to identify the obvious weaknesses in our squad fairly quickly.

By which time we will be weeks behind all our rivals in terms of transfer targets....not good at all.

Man utd will be after our types of target....depending on what you believe if they get a manager sorted fairly quickly they will invest some 150-200m on new players taking into account player sales...Man utd cant afford to be out of the top 4 come the end of next season...

Im just worried that if we dont get a coach sorted by July we are going to be struggling again!!!! bear in mind that when Moyes & Woodward started at Utd Jul 1st City had already spent on Fernandinho/Navas....they were well down the road with transfer targets and utd's transfer window was shocking!

I am positive dude I just want for Levy to get things spot on for next season! Im worried that we are dilly dallying f**king about and its gonna hamper our chances next season!

By which time we will be weeks behind all our rivals in terms of transfer targets....not good at all.

Man utd will be after our types of target....depending on what you believe if they get a manager sorted fairly quickly they will invest some 150-200m on new players taking into account player sales...Man utd cant afford to be out of the top 4 come the end of next season...

Im just worried that if we dont get a coach sorted by July we are going to be struggling again!!!! bear in mind that when Moyes & Woodward started at Utd Jul 1st City had already spent on Fernandinho/Navas....they were well down the road with transfer targets and utd's transfer window was shocking!

I am positive dude I just want for Levy to get things spot on for next season! Im worried that we are dilly dallying f**king about and its gonna hamper our chances next season!

June for me. By the start of, or at least by early June we should have our head coach sorted.

You're right, United will be after our types of target. If we're after the same players we can't compete and we won't get those players.

How about a Moyes with a massive point to prove? A chance to redeem himself - prove to the premier league that he can manage at this level and challenge for the champions league.

Back