• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Month - The Race For Europe

Re: Next Nine

That is a real nice fixture list. Swansea away being the trickiest of the league games. But I think we could get 10 points from that

Closing in on must win territory for the home games against Palace and Burnley.

Two wins at home, two draws away would be 8 points. Somewhere 8-10 points would be alright I think, although I don't know where that would see us in the table given reasonable results for the teams around us.

Re: Next Nine - The Race For Europe

I think the fixture list post Emirates Marketing Project was also "reasonable"...do we not ever learn not to look at a fixture list of the next few games and say "yeah we'll win that one, and that one.."?

I used to lose these threads, but now they depress me lol

Re: Next Nine - The Race For Europe

I think the fixture list post Emirates Marketing Project was also "reasonable"...do we not ever learn not to look at a fixture list of the next few games and say "yeah we'll win that one, and that one.."?

I used to lose these threads, but now they depress me lol

Who has said "we'll win that one"?

For me it's about looking at expectations over a slightly larger sample size. Instead of looking at one game and expecting 0/1/3 points, it's looking at 4-5 games and expecting x-y points. One result going against you, one going for you and you can still end up meeting the expectations.

WLWWWLWWW?

I'm looking at the ones after Chelsea, before our New Years double header of Man U and Chelsea again (also the halfway point of the league season):

Crystal Palace (H)
Besiktas (A)
Swansea (A)
Saudi Sportswashing Machine (H)
Burnley (H)
Leicester (A)

Twelve points and a league cup semi final spot? Or four points, knocked out by Saudi Sportswashing Machine and runners up in the EL?

10 points and a semi final spot. Not bad.

After Chelsea we have:

Burnley (A, FA Cup)
Crystal Palace (A)
Sunderland (H)
Sheffield Utd (H, COC)
FA Cup 4th round?
Sheffield Utd (A, COC)
West Brom (A)

Need to keep our good run going, because February will be hell (the good kind) with Liverpool, Arsenal, West Ham, Fiorentina twice, more FA Cup(?) and possibly a league cup final at the end.

I can live with 9 points and beating Sheffield Utd. Might be better off going out of the FA Cup...

10 points and a semi final spot. Not bad.

After Chelsea we have:

Burnley (A, FA Cup)
Crystal Palace (A)
Sunderland (H)
Sheffield Utd (H, COC)
FA Cup 4th round?
Sheffield Utd (A, COC)
West Brom (A)

Need to keep our good run going, because February will be hell (the good kind) with Liverpool, Arsenal, West Ham, Fiorentina twice, more FA Cup(?) and possibly a league cup final at the end.

I can live with 9 points and beating Sheffield Utd. Might be better off going out of the FA Cup...

Southampton vs. Arsenal on Thursday, the winner there would be 4th (or 3rd) just 5 points ahead of us even if we lose against Chelsea. That's worst case going into those games after two of the toughest games of the season just behind us. Well in with a shout I would say. Even just a point against bluescum would be very good though.

Great couple of months coming up!

Southamptons next 4
Swansea (H), QPR (A), West Ham (H), Liverpool (H)

Man Utds next 4
Leicester (H), West Ham (A), Burnley (H), Swansea (A)

Arsenals next 4
Aston Villa (H), Tottenham (A), Leicester (H), Crystal Palace (A)

Tottenham next 4
West Brom (A), Arsenal (H), Liverpool (A), West Ham (H)

--

Cups it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Southamptons next 4
Swansea (H), QPR (A), West Ham (H), Liverpool (H)

Man Utds next 4
Leicester (H), West Ham (A), Burnley (H), Swansea (A)

Arsenals next 4
Aston Villa (H), Tottenham (A), Leicester (H), Crystal Palace (A)

Tottenham next 4
West Brom (A), Arsenal (H), Liverpool (A), West Ham (H)

--

Cups it is.

Thank **** for the absurdly large squad we have I guess. Personally I'd go with:

1st team play
---------------
Sheff UTD (H) 21/01/15
West Brom (H) 31/01/15
Arsenal (H) 07/02/15
Liverpool (A) 10/02/15
Fiorentina (H) 19/02/15
Fiorentina (A) 26/02/15

2nd team play
-------------------
Leicester (H) 24/01/15
Sheff UTD (A) ***If we hold a decent lead 28/01/15
FA Cup 5th Round ***If we make it 14/02/15
West Ham (H) ***Sad I know 22/02/15

I don't want to lose at home to Wham but with the Fiorentina games being either side of that fixture, I see little else we could do.

Thank **** for the absurdly large squad we have I guess. Personally I'd go with:

1st team play
---------------
Sheff UTD (H) 21/01/15
West Brom (H) 31/01/15
Arsenal (H) 07/02/15
Liverpool (A) 10/02/15
Fiorentina (H) 19/02/15
Fiorentina (A) 26/02/15

2nd team play
-------------------
Leicester (H) 24/01/15
Sheff UTD (A) ***If we hold a decent lead 28/01/15
FA Cup 5th Round ***If we make it 14/02/15
West Ham (H) ***Sad I know 22/02/15

I don't want to lose at home to Wham but with the Fiorentina games being either side of that fixture, I see little else we could do.

You want us to play our 2nd team against Sheffield Utd in the semi final 2nd leg match away ? You must be joking ! Remember how we almost threw away the semi final against Burnley in 2009 ? We won 4-1 at home but were losing 0-3 in the 2nd leg before scoring 2 late goals in extra time to go through 6-4 on aggregate. Spurs are capable of throwing away any lead, however big that may be. We should never play a weak team in any semi final.

you want us to play our 2nd team against sheffield utd in the semi final 2nd leg match away ? You must be joking ! Remember how we almost threw away the semi final against burnley in 2009 ? We won 4-1 at home but were losing 0-3 in the 2nd leg before scoring 2 late goals in extra time to go through 6-4 on aggregate. Spurs are capable of throwing away any lead, however big that may be. We should never play a weak team in any semi final.

this! =d>

You see, I don't see it as a weakened team. i see it as preferring different options and using our squad. Weak would be playing youth or players who have barely played, international footballers or substitutes is not weakened.

7 February: Arsenal (H)
10 February: Liverpool (A)
19 February: Fiorentina (H)
22 February: West Ham (H)
26 February: Fiorentina (A)
1 March: Chelsea (Wembley)

WWWWWW or it's knee jerking time.

7 February: Ar5ena1 (H)
10 February: Liverpool (A)
19 February: Fiorentina (H)
22 February: West Ham (H)
26 February: Fiorentina (A)
1 March: Chel53a (Wembley)

WWWWWW or it's knee jerking time.

Yikes. That looks tough when you see it laid out like that.

Back