• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

I've been critical of Jose and I still don't think he's the right man for the job. We've done well over the last two weeks and there are a lot of encouraging signs. But id expect us to take 7-9 points from the last three games. It's good we did it but it proves very little. There are bigger tests to come.
It’s got nothing to do about what we have or haven’t done over the past couple of weeks. The fact was certain posters were going way over the top when we had a poor run of form, the same poor run of form that practically every other top team has had at some point this season. Anyone with a brain could see this team would pick up again, and the time to assess would be at the end of the season. Despite AdamB and co best efforts to decide Jose was about one or two games from the sack this was never going to be the case and shot their load way too early....

I think you will find that it's four. And it's true it has been quiet don't you agree? And why did you take exception to the comment?

whilst we're in a good spot atm we have been here before this season, as in good results from fixtures we should pick up points in - there are signs things are different this time around, more attacking players on the pitch and a better mindset going in to and throughout the games.

I think we're good enough to get top four so lets see where we end up

whilst we're in a good spot atm we have been here before this season, as in good results from fixtures we should pick up points in - there are signs things are different this time around, more attacking players on the pitch and a better mindset going in to and throughout the games.

I think to get top 4, we need Leicester to fall away. United and City will make it and Chelsea are looking strong right now. Everton are also well in the mix and you'd have to assume that the Dippers will come out of their slump at some stage.

I'd be slightly surprised if we make it.

I think to get top 4, we need Leicester to fall away. United and City will make it and Chelsea are looking strong right now. Everton are also well in the mix and you'd have to assume that the Dippers will come out of their slump at some stage.

I'd be slightly surprised if we make it.

we're 2 behind Chelsea and have a better set of fixtures in the run in so it's there to be got

I've been critical of Jose and I still don't think he's the right man for the job. We've done well over the last two weeks and there are a lot of encouraging signs. But id expect us to take 7-9 points from the last three games. It's good we did it but it proves very little. There are bigger tests to come.
Well it tells us that we're well capable of picking up 9 points in a week from games where you expected 7-9 points. That hasn't always been the case, so it's definitely a step in the right direction.

Agree with there being signs things are different this time. Time will tell if we can keep it up.

I still don't think Mourinho is the right man for the job, but as I've said all along, as long as we're picking up points he's obviously safe, and if we continue to play attacking exciting football - nothing would make me happier. I just think it's a bit too early to say we've recovered yet - there have seemed to have been fundamental issues with this team for quite some time, lots of alarming whispers coming out of the squad of our lack of a plan in attack - but let's see how long the good period lasts. Hopefully for a long time! :)

I still don't think Mourinho is the right man for the job, but as I've said all along, as long as we're picking up points he's obviously safe, and if we continue to play attacking exciting football - nothing would make me happier. I just think it's a bit too early to say we've recovered yet - there have seemed to have been fundamental issues with this team for quite some time, lots of alarming whispers coming out of the squad of our lack of a plan in attack - but let's see how long the good period lasts. Hopefully for a long time! :)

Good post

I think it's absolutely fair to have reservations about him and if he's the right man for the job.

For me a big positive sign right now is that we're playing well even with clear first choice players out of the team. Aurier and Ndombele against Palace for example. That's with Lo Celso still out, Alli will hopefully make even more of an impact and add to that depth. Both Lucas and Lamela look like they can start or come on and make a real impact.

Our progress is probably still somewhat fragile though. We have some key weaknesses that I don't think will be resolved without moving in the transfer market. And some key players that I think we will struggle without.

Injuries and fitness will be a concern, as the games in the EL gets tougher we can't rely as much on rotation as we have so far. The season still hangs in the balance and one or two poor results could swing things massively in the wrong direction.

The turnaround over the last 5-6 weeks has been very impressive though. If we can keep this up this thread should fade for now.

I think it's absolutely fair to have reservations about him and if he's the right man for the job.

For me a big positive sign right now is that we're playing well even with clear first choice players out of the team. Aurier and Ndombele against Palace for example. That's with Lo Celso still out, Alli will hopefully make even more of an impact and add to that depth. Both Lucas and Lamela look like they can start or come on and make a real impact.

Our progress is probably still somewhat fragile though. We have some key weaknesses that I don't think will be resolved without moving in the transfer market. And some key players that I think we will struggle without.

Injuries and fitness will be a concern, as the games in the EL gets tougher we can't rely as much on rotation as we have so far. The season still hangs in the balance and one or two poor results could swing things massively in the wrong direction.

The turnaround over the last 5-6 weeks has been very impressive though. If we can keep this up this thread should fade for now.

Those swing results are what going to be the key point of the Jose's measurement.

The weak points in the squad are a concern, but at least it makes potential requirements for summer a lot easier.

We have played well over the last few games for sure but as some have said the teams we have faced in that run have not been the best. However i never believed we were as bad as some were trying to make out earlier this season and i do not believe that we are as good as we have been over the last few games and that i believe we still have work to do.

We are STILL a work in progress ( no matter what some fans think), if we can improve the squad in the summer( and i believe we will) then onward and upwards.

We have played well over the last few games for sure but as some have said the teams we have faced in that run have not been the best. However i never believed we were as bad as some were trying to make out earlier this season and i do not believe that we are as good as we have been over the last few games and that i believe we still have work to do.

We are STILL a work in progress ( no matter what I think that I am a better football fan than the rest of you think), if we can improve the squad in the summer( and i believe we will) then onward and upwards.
Haven’t been the best teams I agree but better than fans want to credit the opposition

Fulham beat pool at anfield and so did Burnley for example
Palace took a deserved draw off United too
It’s a tough season but any opportunity to under estimate a team will get punished I believe

Haven’t been the best teams I agree but better than fans want to credit the opposition

It’s a tough season but any opportunity to under estimate a team will get punished I believe

I do agree, i have been really impressed with the work Scotty is doing at Fulham and all they are really lacking is a good striker to finish off their good work. Sad to say s ome fans look at the table and judge teams on that, normally that is fine but this season every team has been good and bad at times.

Everyone but us beats Liverpool at Anfield, to be fair. :p

I do agree, i have been really impressed with the work Scotty is doing at Fulham and all they are really lacking is a good striker to finish off their good work. Sad to say s ome fans look at the table and judge teams on that, normally that is fine but this season every team has been good and bad at times.
It's not true as often in other seasons, but it's quite often true to an extent then as well. There are some teams in the PL some seasons at least that are just hopelessly out of their depth. And some others that just can't seem to get a result against any top teams.

Most teams near the bottom of the table are there because they're inconsistent though. Most teams at that level can put in very good performances on their day, when in form or on a clinical day.

Sometimes these games end up being fairly easy, sometimes really difficult. And that's not all because of what the bigger team is doing.

Potter has worked wonders for Brighton on what I believe is a very small budget.
Having sadly watched us against Fulham then Arsenal, for example, I would love to give Potter a go with us.
We surely must not just tolerate random catatonic displays like we have seen this season.

Potter has worked wonders for Brighton on what I believe is a very small budget.
Having sadly watched us against Fulham then Arsenal, for example, I would love to give Potter a go with us.
We surely must not just tolerate random catatonic displays like we have seen this season.
Whilst I like managers to be judged on their budget and club expectations, what are the wonders Potter has worked for Brighton? As it stands they could still be relegated and if the team that replaces them in the table is Fulham, would that not mean Parker has worked greater wonders with a newly promoted team who have continued to improve over the course of the season?

The real wonders are being worked by Dyche year in, year out but he is not a candidate?

I do feel that there is a frustrating element that makes people feel anyone can do better, but playing attractive football without getting results isn’t much better than not playing attractive football without getting results. Although Roberto Martinez has done quite well out of it!

I don’t get the fascination with lower club managers who have their team “well drilled”. If they come to a big club they may not have the dedication of the superstars like they do with the hungrier players at the lower end clubs. Look at Poch, he had to pretty much do a complete overhaul to get the dedication he needed and even then it wasn’t enough.

If we want to go to that next level we first need the players to do so and then the manager with a winning mentality that wants to dominate games and who can handle big players.

I don’t get the fascination with lower club managers who have their team “well drilled”. If they come to a big club they may not have the dedication of the superstars like they do with the hungrier players at the lower end clubs. Look at Poch, he had to pretty much do a complete overhaul to get the dedication he needed and even then it wasn’t enough.

If we want to go to that next level we first need the players to do so and then the manager with a winning meteorology that wants to dominate games and who can handle big players.

Sadly that requires the one thing we can’t do much about in the near term, finance.
We can not take on the money clubs toe to toe. We have to be clever and see where else we can attempt to level the playing field!
The likes of Scotty and Potter are risky of course but watching our current mercurial output is worrisome and does not look good going forward.

Back