• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

Just checked, his first season at chelsea he spent net £21m.

Where does this myth come from that when he joins a club he needs loads of money?
He likes his teams to be capable of defending, and wont put up with snowflakes in the squad therefore he must be Mourinho mark 2o_O......

By all accounts, he did want to come back. Leaks were clearly coming from his camp as well as ours. It just looks like the deal was too difficult to get over the line this time.

The stadium debt doesn't have an impact on transfer budget. The debt is all long term, at very low interest rates and we only pay interest for the first 15 years.

Covid will have impacted us, as it has most clubs, but the loan we took out last week covers that and gives us some transfer funds. We are in a very good place compared to everybody but the oil doped clubs.

So you are saying that we will have a decent outlay in rebuilding the team this year?

I think it comes from this:

He might not want lots and lots of money, but he wants some control.

Cheers. I only really watch spurs and whatever games on tv in the pub these days. So when everyone's been saying he'd want loads of money for players if he joined i believed them.
Inters situation like a lot in italy is pretty dire. Think they need £70m just to stay afloat. So can partly understand him jumping ship.

Hope (if he joins) he does get lots of money.

It doesn't matter whether it's Conte, Potter or Poch, this playing squad needs a refresh.

does it?

May 2019 team vs. Ajax

- Lloris, Trippier, Toby, Vert, Rose, Sissoko, Wanyama, Eriksen, Dele, Son, Lucas
subs - Lamela, Davies, Llorente, Foyth, Gazza, Dier (and obviously Kane would have been there if fit)

Likely first 11 next season

- Lloris, Tanganga, new CB, Toby, Reguilon, PEH, Skipp, Son, Ndombele, Lo Celso, Kane (4 players from 2019)
subs - new Keeper, Davies, Rodon, Lucas, Skipp, new striker, Bergwijn, Dele (3 players from 2019)

So from 18 players two years ago, 7 remain?

Gazza, Rose, CCV pretty much all gone
Aurier, Lamela, Sissoko seem likely out
Winks, Dele, Dier, Sanchez all likely up for sale

The 2019 side probably needed the refresh, the biggest issue now for me is the Winks/Dier types who are mediocre players that have failed to push on but somehow believe they are entitled to a starting spot.

Cheers. I only really watch spurs and whatever games on tv in the pub these days. So when everyone's been saying he'd want loads of money for players if he joined i believed them.
Inters situation like a lot in italy is pretty dire. Think they need £70m just to stay afloat. So can partly understand him jumping ship.

Hope (if he joins) he does get lots of money.

Conte is completely right to bail on Inter, he just broke an almost decade long monopoly of the league with one expensive player (Lukaku)

The club is now likely to sell quite a few of that team, and use the money to stay afloat.

does it?

May 2019 team vs. Ajax

- Lloris, Trippier, Toby, Vert, Rose, Sissoko, Wanyama, Eriksen, Dele, Son, Lucas
subs - Lamela, Davies, Llorente, Foyth, Gazza, Dier (and obviously Kane would have been there if fit)

Likely first 11 next season

- Lloris, Tanganga, new CB, Toby, Reguilon, PEH, Skipp, Son, Ndombele, Lo Celso, Kane (4 players from 2019)
subs - new Keeper, Davies, Rodon, Lucas, Skipp, new striker, Bergwijn, Dele (3 players from 2019)

So from 18 players two years ago, 7 remain?

Gazza, Rose, CCV pretty much all gone
Aurier, Lamela, Sissoko seem likely out
Winks, Dele, Dier, Sanchez all likely up for sale

The 2019 side probably needed the refresh, the biggest issue now for me is the Winks/Dier types who are mediocre players that have failed to push on but somehow believe they are entitled to a starting spot.
So a refresh then? ;)

You need to read up on your EU laws

- 3 months is minimum on resigning in most EU countries
- +additional time based on your tenure

I was working a gig in Europe where had I resigned I would have needed to give 9 months notice, last two people I have hired in Europe I had to wait the 3 months to get them onboard.

In France specifically, the notice to be served ranges between 1 and 3 months, depending on the collective agreement in your field of activity, if I remember correctly.

But having said that, I'm not sure I can't think of a manager who's been held by a club against his wishes. It doesn't make much sense as it would have a massive deterrent effect on potential new managers.

In France specifically, the notice to be served ranges between 1 and 3 months, depending on the collective agreement in your field of activity, if I remember correctly.

But having said that, I'm not sure I can't think of a manager who's been held by a club against his wishes. It doesn't make much sense as it would have a massive deterrent effect on potential new managers.

No, it wouldn't make sense, but you could easily allow said manager to resign but not pick up a job (competitive) in some specified time period

This is a combination of pride and compensation, PSG miffed their manager would consider Spurs and debating if we fire him in a year, how much do we owe? or if we let him go, can we milk the hiring club?

No, it wouldn't make sense, but you could easily allow said manager to resign but not pick up a job (competitive) in some specified time period

This is a combination of pride and compensation, PSG miffed their manager would consider Spurs and debating if we fire him in a year, how much do we owe? or if we let him go, can we milk the hiring club?

I'm not saying you're wrong but I do find all this really strange.

First of all, since the ESL, PSG have the moral high ground. They're part of the good guys of football and their chairman is now also the chairman of the ECA. It's a shame to let all that PR work go to work for the sake of a manager who's been around for a few months, who doesn't want to be here and who's hardly set the world alight in his (very short) time in Paris.

Secondly, what's the point of trying to milk the club with the biggest debt in world football when you, yourself, have the spending power of one of the richest countries in the world?

Thirdly, no matter what we think, we're not boxing in the same category as PSG at the moment. We went to one CL final and the manager who led us there is considered a living legend by most Spurs fans, whereas PSG intend to win in on a regular basis. They're the Franch equivalent of Emirates Marketing Project, albeit in a league with even less competition. I can't believe they would give a damn if Pochettino (a guy nobody knows outside football) prefers going back to Spurs. Because of Leonardo, they don't hire elite managers anyway, so they can easily replace him with an other up and coming manager.

All their managers have a similar profile: young, quite successful and forward-thinking (Blanc, Emery, Tuchel, Pochettino). Image is obviously very important to them. Honestly, I can't see why they'd join a trench war for a manager who's nothing special to them and get their reputation tarnished in the process, but I understand I'm in the minority here.

First of all, since the ESL, PSG have the moral high ground. They're part of the good guys of football and their chairman is now also the chairman of the ECA. It's a shame to let all that PR work go to work for the sake of a manager who's been around for a few months, who doesn't want to be here and who's hardly set the world alight in his (very short) time in Paris.

Secondly, what's the point of trying to milk the club with the biggest debt in world football when you, yourself, have the spending power of one of the richest countries in the world?

Thirdly, no matter what we think, we're not boxing in the same category as PSG at the moment. We went to one CL final and the manager who led us there is considered a living legend by most Spurs fans, whereas PSG intend to win in on a regular basis. They're the Franch equivalent of Emirates Marketing Project, albeit in a league with even less competition. I can't believe they would give a damn if Pochettino (a guy nobody knows outside football) prefers going back to Spurs. Because of Leonardo, they don't hire elite managers anyway, so they can easily replace him with an other up and coming manager.

All their managers have a similar profile: young, quite successful and forward-thinking (Blanc, Emery, Tuchel, Pochettino). Image is obviously very important to them. Honestly, I can't see why they'd join a trench war for a manager who's nothing special to them and get their reputation tarnished in the process, but I understand I'm in the minority here.

Pride is terrible thing .. sometimes people take things personally ..

Weren’t all those managers out of work?

Back