• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

Sit back, frustrate and play fast on the break is the perfect tactics against City, as we have shown in the past. I think that people are getting a bit carried away with something which is the standard approach for playing against City, albeit, executed very well.

I agree however it would have been interesting to see what would have happened with laporte in for stones, fernandinho or rodri holding, foden out wide, kdb playing the full game and aguero up top.

I know they have done well without aguero but the above is what I would have done. Of course every chance chelsea still win especially if they still score first.

Spurs, chelsea and arsenal have all shown what happens when sitting back against them and scoring first.

What an incredible last 25 years chelsea have had winning something like 23 or 24 trophies :eek:

They must be forever indebted to ken bates in bringing all those foreign stars to their club, which raised the profile of the club and got them a few trophies.

But more important than anything is that in the process of achieving that, he effectively bankrupted club which set the stage for the russian’s arrival. Had the club been in a better financial state coupled with this new success they were having, bates ego would imo have given romans advances short shrift.

But alas it was a perfect storm - bring loads of quality players to bring profile and some success and good news it will bankrupt the club in the process but dont worry there will be a multi billionaire looking for a club of exactly this type when you are on the cliff edge.

They could quite easily be in league 1 at the moment still trying to build a stand behind one of the goals, but an unbelievable set of circumstances (starting around 1995 when bates started using third party money to bring stars to the club) culminating in making the club attractive and easily affordable just when a certain buyer was lurking some 6 years later.

No doubt Chelsea being Chelsea will find an excuse to sack Tuchel sooner or later. Still I think he would’ve been a very good fit for us at any time over the past few years.
Don’t worry after they sack him we’ll show an interest!

He comes across to me as a man who is quite highly strung and everything could implode at any minute. He disliked the politics at PSG and Chelsea is a very political club too.
Is it? I’ve always felt that Abramovic backed his managers at Chelsea and the rules are quite simple.... win trophies and you will stay and continue to be backed, stop winning trophies and you will be fired.

I agree however it would have been interesting to see what would have happened with laporte in for stones, fernandinho or rodri holding, foden out wide, kdb playing the full game and aguero up top.

I know they have done well without aguero but the above is what I would have done. Of course every chance chelsea still win especially if they still score first.

Spurs, chelsea and arsenal have all shown what happens when sitting back against them and scoring first.

What an incredible last 25 years chelsea have had winning something like 23 or 24 trophies :eek:

They must be forever indebted to ken bates in bringing all those foreign stars to their club, which raised the profile of the club and got them a few trophies.

But more important than anything is that in the process of achieving that, he effectively bankrupted club which set the stage for the russian’s arrival. Had the club been in a better financial state coupled with this new success they were having, bates ego would imo have given romans advances short shrift.

But alas it was a perfect storm - bring loads of quality players to bring profile and some success and good news it will bankrupt the club in the process but dont worry there will be a multi billionaire looking for a club of exactly this type when you are on the cliff edge.

They could quite easily be in league 1 at the moment still trying to build a stand behind one of the goals, but an unbelievable set of circumstances (starting around 1995 when bates started using third party money to bring stars to the club) culminating in making the club attractive and easily affordable just when a certain buyer was lurking some 6 years later.
With the level of debt our owners are piling on us we might end up in a similar situation to Chelsea under Bates (just without the trophies).

With the level of debt our owners are piling on us we might end up in a similar situation to Chelsea under Bates (just without the trophies).

Would have been good for Lewis to give us an interest free loan instead of saddling is up with more debt after the refinancing last week.

I remember back at that time, one of the regular posters on here, Sir Les, who worked in accounting/finance, was doing regular updates on the perilous state of Chelsea's finances. Such that his signature line (which I supplied) was, "Sir Les: day by day charting Chelsea descent into receivership." Alas...

Not saying he's coming to us. But if his reported problems are true, leaving PSG to go to Madrid would make less sense then him coming to us.

White hankies would be out in double quick time.

On the plus side, it seems that we'll either end up with Poch back or Conte which is a good end result.....Unless this is like some of a previous recent two horse races that is.

Not saying he's coming to us. But if his reported problems are true, leaving PSG to go to Madrid would make less sense then him coming to us.

White hankies would be out in double quick time.

On the plus side, it seems that we'll either end up with Poch back or Conte which is a good end result.....Unless this is like some of a previous recent two horse races that is.

I actually think Potter would be a better fit for us.

So, Emery left PSG, wins the Europa league with Villarreal. Tuchel left PSG, wins CL with Cheatski. Poch leaves PSG, wins Conference League with Spurs??

So, Emery left PSG, wins the Europa league with Villarreal. Tuchel left PSG, wins CL with Cheatski. Poch leaves PSG, wins Conference League with Spurs??

Well emery left first and won europa league first and tuchel left after and won CL after, so by that measure the level of accolade is going up.

Therefore poch will win the CL and the PL in the same season, most likely 2022/23.

Well emery left first and won europa league first and tuchel left after and won CL after, so by that measure the level of accolade is going up.

Therefore poch will win the CL and the PL in the same season, most likely 2022/23.
We can but dream. I'd be happy with the conference league win.

Also, he even says it himself in the tweet, that Spurs keep things tight and don't get leaked out like from other clubs. So how could he possibly know? He's just another fudging wannabe that spouts brick left, right and center.

There is a lot of them about, sad thing is there are also a lot of fans who believe everything they hear or read.

I actually think Potter would be a better fit for us.
For our owners I think he would be, as he’ll be far less demanding of them.

It’s one of the reasons (to add to the performance of the football team I love) why I’m so interested in who we appoint. If we snare Conte or Poch then there perhaps is some hope that the owners are giving appropriate backing, if Potter or Martinez then I think we need to prepare ourselves for lots of 6th to 9th place finishes....

For our owners I think he would be, as he’ll be far less demanding of them.

It’s one of the reasons (to add to the performance of the football team I love) why I’m so interested in who we appoint. If we snare Conte or Poch then there perhaps is some hope that the owners are giving appropriate backing, if Potter or Martinez then I think we need to prepare ourselves for lots of 6th to 9th place finishes....

They did not back Mourinho.

If Mourinho says you need defenders, you need defenders. Instead they get in an aging bale and our defence can not go a game without a stupid mistake.

Back