• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

Watching those comments from Harry last night, I couldnt help but wondering whether it was a pitch from him to Levy for a caretaker role?

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/12206036/redknapp-bale-needs-his-confidence-boosting

Saying to Levy "you have two potentially top players who Jose isn't really using - I could get them playing again"

He doesnt usually say things without a reason, or at least in his time at Spurs there was always something behind his comments. I wouldnt want Harry back as a permanent manager, but if it was as a caretaker til a new guy in the summer, I would definitely take it. Far better than drifting downwards with Jose

We'd finish top 4 if Redknapp came in as caretaker now is my honest opinion - won't last long but there would be an instant reaction from the players if the shackles were released which would be enough to make the difference in this low point scoring season. We'd then have a much better platform to build on in the summer.

A rebuild (if one is even required) is going to be a tough proposition with 2 seasons on the spin outside of the CL. Surely even those who want to stick by Mourinho know his time would be up sometime eary next season if we finish poorly and then have no money to rebuild?

If Harry comes back and puts those players in, who does he leave out?

Surely then it's just another "two potentially top players" not getting used.

We'd finish top 4 if Redknapp came in as caretaker now is my honest opinion - won't last long but there would be an instant reaction from the players if the shackles were released which would be enough to make the difference in this low point scoring season. We'd then have a much better platform to build on in the summer.

A rebuild (if one is even required) is going to be a tough proposition with 2 seasons on the spin outside of the CL. Surely even those who want to stick by Mourinho know his time would be up sometime eary next season if we finish poorly and then have no money to rebuild?

Don't think we would. We could be in danger of remembering the Harry we had in 2010 which is a similar mistake we made with Bale. Harry's been out of the game for 6-7 years now and his record was very patchy after leaving us anyway.

I'm a fan of Harry's reign but it was too long ago. Bringing him back would be a disaster.

no because we don't have any top players playing instead of them, we have Bergwijn and a 3rd center back that's not needed.

Kane
Son Dele Bale
Hojberg Ndombele

=

Adebayor
Bale VdV Lennon
Parker Modric

Bergwijn will probably make his way back in once Harry realises Bale is shot but he'd play that front 6 with Regulion and Aurier at full back and tell the team to facking run about a bit - it'd be glorious and with it only being half a season he wouldn't get the opportunity to fall apart and ruin it :D

Don't think we would. We could be in danger of remembering the Harry we had in 2010 which is a similar mistake we made with Bale. Harry's been out of the game for 6-7 years now and his record was very patchy after leaving us anyway.

I'm a fan of Harry's reign but it was too long ago. Bringing him back would be a disaster.
Never go back. It doesn't work.

no because we don't have any top players playing instead of them, we have Bergwijn and a 3rd center back that's not needed.

Kane
Son Dele Bale
Hojberg Ndombele

=

Adebayor
Bale VdV Lennon
Parker Modric

Bergwijn will probably make his way back in once Harry realises Bale is shot but he'd play that front 6 with Regulion and Aurier at full back and tell the team to facking run about a bit - it'd be glorious and with it only being half a season he wouldn't get the opportunity to fall apart and ruin it :D

subjective, if the argument is being made to Levy, he won't accept that any of our players are not "top"

as with when Mourinho came in after Poch - removing the bad atmosphere gives the players a boost. Redknapp is no long term appointment but he's always knew how to pick a balanced team - these player played in a balanced attacking team and not scared of making mistakes will improve over the short term

i'm not advocating a switch to Harry, but i can see why people are bringing it up. It's not a case of the players not having the ability, it's the formation, the tactical instructions and the team selection that is causing the issues, and those reside with the manager.

Since the 29th Nov in the League, we've scored 13 goals in 11 games (two games provided 3 goals each, so after that it's effectively 7 goals in 9). You guys think a strike force consisting of:

Kane
Son
Moura
Bergwijn
Vinicius
Dele

Is not capable of more, yes or no? We have the best striker in the league, and of the top players outside of an out and out striker in Son. I'm sorry but i refuse to believe we don't have the ability to score more goals in this team. This is entirely tactical and entirely on the manager playing a system that benefits Kane and Son, but teams have cottoned on to this now and simply mark these two out, look what happens, we're toothless. THAT IS ON JOSE.

For me its not bringing him back permanently - its a caretaker role. He's love it and throw himself into it for 4 months

With Kane, Son, Bale, GLC, Dele, Ndomebele, Bergwijn, and Hojbjerg there's plenty of talent in midfield and attack that Harry would use very well.

Not a long-term solution at all, but it provides the time for Levy to bring the right man in in the summer, and in my opinion we'd have a much better chance of the new guy taking us into the CL than if we stick with Mourinho

i'm not advocating a switch to Harry, but i can see why people are bringing it up. It's not a case of the players not having the ability, it's the formation, the tactical instructions and the team selection that is causing the issues, and those reside with the manager.

Since the 29th Nov in the League, we've scored 13 goals in 11 games (two games provided 3 goals each, so after that it's effectively 7 goals in 9). You guys think a strike force consisting of:

Kane
Son
Moura
Bergwijn
Vinicius
Dele

Is not capable of more, yes or no? We have the best striker in the league, and of the top players outside of an out and out striker in Son. I'm sorry but i refuse to believe we don't have the ability to score more goals in this team. This is entirely tactical and entirely on the manager playing a system that benefits Kane and Son, but teams have cottoned on to this now and simply mark these two out, look what happens, we're toothless. THAT IS ON JOSE.

outside of the United and Southampton games we've been scoring at a rate of 1.27 gpg, or 48 goals over a season :D

imagine if we didn't have Son & Kane to rely on, fudging hell

edit: people want to blame the defence for our problems but it's our attacking play/performance that is really letting us down. my guess is the only reason people defending Mourinho aren't doing so is because they know how stupid they'd look blaming the players when we're talking about Son and Kane rather than easy targets like Toby and Dier

Bergwign and a CB.

There's the 8 players which I listed in a post a few moments ago (Kane, Son, Bale, GLC, Dele, Ndomebele, Bergwijn, and Hojbjerg) who are all top players and you can play in a few different ways.

The point is that we should be playing a system to bring in the best out of them. At the moment, we set up to have 40% possession, hope to keep a clean sheet and hit the other team on the break. We have the players to dominate matches, win and also win in style. Jose is strangling us

outside of the United and Southampton games we've been scoring at a rate of 1.27 gpg, or 48 goals over a season :D

edit: people want to blame the defence for our problems but it's our attacking play/performance that is really letting us down. my guess is the only reason people defending Mourinho aren't doing so is because they know how stupid they'd look blaming the players when we're talking about Son and Kane rather than easy targets like Toby and Dier

Wow didn't realise that stat. And that's the crux of the issue, again if Jose can realise this and be more offensive then that's fine, but it's hugely worrying and i fail to believe we don't have players capable of scoring, it's the tactics and set up.

How are we going to score with 6 defenders vs Brighton? We cannot rely on our defense, but we have enough ability to score, so fudging attempt it more.

This is why i fear the players are losing faith, they're being asked not to attack and for several of them, that's the instinct. Now teams know how obvious we play we offer nothing.

Wow didn't realise that stat. And that's the crux of the issue, again if Jose can realise this and be more offensive then that's fine, but it's hugely worrying and i fail to believe we don't have players capable of scoring, it's the tactics and set up.

How are we going to score with 6 defenders vs Brighton? We cannot rely on our defense, but we have enough ability to score, so fudging attempt it more.

This is why i fear the players are losing faith, they're being asked not to attack and for several of them, that's the instinct. Now teams know how obvious we play we offer nothing.

Jose won't change. He's 58 and managers don't suddenly change their philosophy.

He failed at Man U by doing exactly what he's doing with us, but that didnt cause him to re-think. They were turgid and had similar possession stats to us. They've since added Fernandes and are flying.

We need him out - he's killing us and not getting results

Jose won't change. He's 58 and managers don't suddenly change their philosophy.

He failed at Man U by doing exactly what he's doing with us, but that didnt cause him to re-think. They were turgid and had similar possession stats to us. They've since added Fernandes and are flying.

We need him out - he's killing us and not getting results

Don't disagree at all. I can handle the poor football if it got us results, but it only did because people still were figuring us out. Now people aware, we're cooked.

That set up against the worst home form team in the league...FFS...

Imagine if we had peak messi, Ronaldo, Vidic, Baresi, Maldini

Unless I'm misunderstanding you wouldn't Klopp qualify having started at Mainz? Benetiz must have started somewhere small too

You can't argue against Mourinhos achievements in the game or that he wasnt the best manager of that era.

No, you understood me perfectly. Shame on me! Never liked Klopp anyway (as a character - his teams are decent to watch and I think he's a much better manager than Tuchel, for instance). Now that you mention it, the Bundesliga seems to be a place where you can make a name for yourself, even with a smaller club.

But I still get the feeling that the trend is to put famous ex-players in charge at bigger clubs. I'm not sure it's such a good idea in the long run but since everybody seems happy to move on every two or three years...

Back