• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

Does anyone remember in 2014 when a security guard leaked a CCTV image of Poch and his son at our training ground? That was a good 2-3 weeks before anything broke in the media about him

Watched this today. Don't think it will happen, and if it did Bielsa would probably resign quicker than santini. But still think it would be amazing in a calamitous way.

Is this issue with Rangnick any worse than the 'homophobic' issue that Aurier had with a French policeman?

It's a more high profile position and he is in a position of power. I think that makes it different. The club can hardly afford another controversy right now, either.

I’m world weary enough to know you can’t believe everything you read. I’m more interested the story behind the story, who is briefing you, what each side is looking to get out of the spin.

Potter is saying exactly what you would expect of a guy in his position. As is Rodgers. But I would just say usually there is some story somewhere of stories saying something like ‘Potter has publicly insisted he is happy at the Amex, although sources close to his camp suggest he may be more amiable to an approach once Brighton’s safety is secured’. Instead we haven’t really heard that, we have just heard that Spurs might be changing strategy.

There just isn’t a lot of confidence coming the Spurs side. Maybe that’s deliberate. I will say, if we manage to get Rodgers I will be very impressed with ENIC and have a lot more confidence in their vision. Not that I think Rodgers is the second coming at all, but more what it says about him leaving a CL club because we are still seen as a more viable long term bet.

Equally I’ll be a little worried if we hire someone more underwhelming. Not because they will fail, but because of what it says about our standing in the game, when this should be an amazing job for someone without too many question marks.
Hmm...I think there are plenty of question marks.

"What are the season targets and are they realistic?"
"How much input will I have in transfer targets?"
"Am I going to be backed strongly in the window to reshape the side and squad?"
"Will any transfer work be done promptly and in good faith?"
"Are Kane and Son staying?"
"How much time will I be given if we go through a rough patch?"

These are all thoughts any serious candidate should be having with regards to any job offer but the Spurs one in particular. It's an incredibly difficult job to succeed in and any person with their head screwed needs to look at the job and survival prospects objectively.

Hmm...I think there are plenty of question marks.

"What are the season targets and are they realistic?"
"How much input will I have in transfer targets?"
"Am I going to be backed strongly in the window to reshape the side and squad?"
"Will any transfer work be done promptly and in good faith?"
"Are Kane and Son staying?"
"How much time will I be given if we go through a rough patch?"

These are all thoughts any serious candidate should be having with regards to any job offer but the Spurs one in particular. It's an incredibly difficult job to succeed in and any person with their head screwed needs to look at the job and survival prospects objectively.
Or look at the £££ they will get paid
I mean Poch didn’t join us because we had star players
He joined us because we were bigger than where he was at
We could also pay him more and ultimately that’s what matters to most people

Or look at the £££ they will get paid
I mean Poch didn’t join us because we had star players
He joined us because we were bigger than where he was at
We could also pay him more and ultimately that’s what matters to most people
We were a better prospect for Poch deffo. But for some of the names that have been linked it not so clear cut and that's wheres the question of how money will I be paid won't be the question worth asking.

If we are looking at a Potter then the job is a no brainer, If we are looking at Rodgers then the sensible thing for him to do is weight up the benefits against the possible negatives.

We were a better prospect for Poch deffo. But for some of the names that have been linked it not so clear cut and that's wheres the question of how money will I be paid won't be the question worth asking.

If we are looking at a Potter then the job is a no brainer, If we are looking at Rodgers then the sensible thing for him to do is weight up the benefits against the possible negatives.
Or look at what he can realistically do at Leicester that’s better than what he has done already
We have seen it at Spurs. Expectation changes quickly with fans (the Leicester board are sensible) and that brings pressure and demands
It would be the same here for him though and it’s whether he wants an easier life earning great money and punching above his weight
Or a chance (it’s need work) to punch above your weight and win the big trophies
The possibility of the latter is here more than Leicester. But it’s easier for him to stay and much less pressure and focus too

Or look at what he can realistically do at Leicester that’s better than what he has done already
We have seen it at Spurs. Expectation changes quickly with fans (the Leicester board are sensible) and that brings pressure and demands
It would be the same here for him though and it’s whether he wants an easier life earning great money and punching above his weight
Or a chance (it’s need work) to punch above your weight and win the big trophies
The possibility of the latter is here more than Leicester. But it’s easier for him to stay and much less pressure and focus too

I think Rodgers sees himself as future manager of Chelsea or either of the Manchester clubs. For that reason he’ll probably give us a skip - too risky.

I'm not so sure that from his POV what he can achieve at Leicester is lesser than he can at Spurs tbh. Leicester in recent years have of course won the PL, are about to qualify ahead us for 2 seasons running potentially earning a CL place next season and of course have the chance at the biggest domestic cup in a few weeks.

Like you say he has a compliant and ambitious board who work very proactively to improve the side any chance they can get.

I'm not saying he should turn Spurs down but I don't think it's as clear cut a decision as some of our fans seem to think it is.

For the likes of Potter or Nuno Santo it's a bit more straightforward or even Lopetugui who while Villarreal are a great side they are one with a quote obvious ceiling.

I'm not so sure that from his POV what he can achieve at Leicester is lesser than he can at Spurs tbh. Leicester in recent years have of course won the PL, are about to qualify ahead us for 2 seasons running potentially earning a CL place next season and of course have the chance at the biggest domestic cup in a few weeks.

Like you say he has a compliant and ambitious board who work very proactively to improve the side any chance they can get.

I'm not saying he should turn Spurs down but I don't think it's as clear cut a decision as some of our fans seem to think it is.

For the likes of Potter or Nuno Santo it's a bit more straightforward or even Lopetugui who while Villarreal are a great side they are one with a quote obvious ceiling.

Have you seen Leicester's squad?

- A lot (a fudge ton) of Leicester's success since that fluke season is based on Vardy, he will be 35 next season, that horse won't run forever
- Iheanacho has done well in 2nd half of this season but would you really bet on him carrying your side?

Top tier strikers are a big difference maker (for me, Kane and Vardy are the difference between us and quite a few clubs like Everton, West Ham, etc.) and Leicester has the only top tier striker in the league outside the established top 6.

I'm with @Bedfordspurs on this one, Leicester will eventually be a poisoned chalice with fans/board expectations, Chelsea won't start next season with Lampard and you would expect Pool to be back up there, if we get a half decent appointment it will be tough for them (especially if they have CL obligations). And even worse than us, they actually fluked the league, so it will be really hard to play down expectations when you have already done it.

I'm not saying he would come (many other considerations) but leaving them now would not harm his reputation any (it would be enhanced) and honestly "failure" (whatever definition) at Spurs won't hurt anyone, after all Jose couldn't do it, easy to play the media narrative and blame it on club ..

Back