• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

Howe, Southgate, Martinez in and me and Spurs are done forever !!

GHod, any of those 3 would be so depressing (particularly the first two).
Surely, surely, Potter would be more likely as a 'backup' option.

Ten Hag would be first choice for me, I dont think the fact they lost to us in the last minute is a big deal really.

Assuming he hasnt signed already, then I cant believe that Levy would want to wait til the season is over before discussing things with him.

If he's out, then its Ten Hag or Potter (or maybe Allegri). Each have pros and cons IMO, but would be good to have it sorted asap

I would bet my house Levy has had conversations with the people he was targeting before firing Jose

forgot Rodgers also has FA Cup final, so any interest for him would be a few weeks after season closes.

Seems more and more likely he will not be the guy. And you cant blame him. 3-4 years ago, we were close to City, better than Liverpool, Man U.

Now we've regressed so far and need a real overhaul, whilst Leicester are going to the FA Cup Final and Champions League.

Shameful dereliction of duty by Levy and the board.

I would bet my house Levy has had conversations with the people he was targeting before firing Jose

'conversations' in having had one of his team speak to someone's agent, yes, but to get enough confidence that someone would definitely join? Perhaps he's thinking that his 3-4 top choices (Nagelman, Rodgers, Potter, ETH etc) are all in jobs, but there's enough viable candidates that he'll be able to land one of them

I love my club ( sometimes i wished i did not though) but anyone who thought we had any chance of getting Nagelsmann was living in cloud cuckoo land. IMO

This was clear months ago, he could have gone to any club in Europe - I am pretty sure most would have sacked the manager they had in place to get him.

We are not an attractive proposition at the moment.

I would be very shocked if BR joined as well.

This was clear months ago, he could have gone to any club in Europe - I am pretty sure most would have sacked the manager they had in place to get him.

We are not an attractive proposition at the moment.

I would be very shocked if BR joined as well.

Indeed, and you know what will happen soon? some of those who want Levy out will be screaming next season saying Levy could have got him if he had moved quicker. Sad really.

Indeed, and you know what will happen soon? some of those who want Levy out will be screaming next season saying Levy could have got him if he had moved quicker. Sad really.

Cant say I’m a levy fan, but this was always unrealistic and an unfair stick to beat him with.

I love my club ( sometimes i wished i did not though) but anyone who thought we had any chance of getting Nagelsmann was living in cloud cuckoo land. IMO

I actually don't think he was perfect for us. He is weirdly a little similar to Mourinho - focused on preparing sides for the opposition. I think we need a more bold manager who can give players confidence to impose our way of playing on the opposition.

Bayern being a bigger draw than us and him going there doesn't mean we couldn't have got him had they not been looking...

Madrid have been chasing since 2018, someone bigger was always going to snap him up.

If you're going to believe those reports then why not the ones which say he was keen on the Premier League and Spurs? If Real wanted him since '18 he'd be there by now.

No Bayern job on offer and no other elite club available then we'd have a chance, the allure of the Prem is strong, even if we're having a wobble.

If you're going to believe those reports then why not the ones which say he was keen on the Premier League and Spurs? If Real wanted him since '18 he'd be there by now.

No Bayern job on offer and no other elite club available then we'd have a chance, the allure of the Prem is strong, even if we're having a wobble.

There’s actually quotes from him saying he turned them down and follow up quotes strongly indicating next time He wouldn’t.

The 31-year-old has been in his current role since 2016 and said he turned down the opportunity to move to the Santiago Bernabeu as it may emerge again, per 11Freunde (h/t Goal's Harry West): "Madrid called me. Who would hang up the telephone? Universe Football Club doesn't exist, so there's no bigger club than Real Madrid. But I am 31 years old, I will have another chance. I didn't want to move countries."

I think I made the right decision at the time, It was not that easy, because Real Madrid are one of the biggest clubs in Europe, but if they call me in the future, maybe the decision would be different. I think two years ago, the decision was correct because I had no time to learn the language and no time for preparation. I did not have great experience with international games. To be the next manager of Real Madrid, was not the right next step in my plans. The step to go to RB Leipzig was better for my career and better for my development as a manager. In the end, it was not that easy, but I think it was the right one.”

Not sure there is the same direct quotes from him about Spurs

so yes, I believe those over other reports.

Chelsea's defenders are better for sure; but they are also playing under proper coaching unlike us for a while now. Remember they were lower than us when Lampard was sacked...
And last year when they finished above us? Has nothing to do with coaching. Man for man, Chelsea arguably has a better more expensive defensive squad.

And last year when they finished above us? Has nothing to do with coaching. Man for man, Chelsea arguably has a better more expensive defensive squad.

More expensive yes.
Last year, we had Jose as coach, like this year.

The year before they finished 1 point ahead of us as we played in CL, whilst the had an EL campaign which they ultimately won.

They have often had more expensive defenders than us but that didn't stop them sacking Lampard because they were floundering below even us (and it's not like we were great ourselves).
You cannot ignore the quality of coaching an how that has had an effect in pushing Chelsea upwards in the last few months

There’s actually quotes from him saying he turned them down and follow up quotes strongly indicating next time He wouldn’t.

The 31-year-old has been in his current role since 2016 and said he turned down the opportunity to move to the Santiago Bernabeu as it may emerge again, per 11Freunde (h/t Goal's Harry West): "Madrid called me. Who would hang up the telephone? Universe Football Club doesn't exist, so there's no bigger club than Real Madrid. But I am 31 years old, I will have another chance. I didn't want to move countries."

I think I made the right decision at the time, It was not that easy, because Real Madrid are one of the biggest clubs in Europe, but if they call me in the future, maybe the decision would be different. I think two years ago, the decision was correct because I had no time to learn the language and no time for preparation. I did not have great experience with international games. To be the next manager of Real Madrid, was not the right next step in my plans. The step to go to RB Leipzig was better for my career and better for my development as a manager. In the end, it was not that easy, but I think it was the right one.”

Not sure there is the same direct quotes from him about Spurs

so yes, I believe those over other reports.

Fair enough, those quotes also show he's prepared to take baby steps up the ladder rather than jump to the top.

More expensive yes.
Last year, we had Jose as coach, like this year.

The year before they finished 1 point ahead of us as we played in CL, whilst the had an EL campaign which they ultimately won.

They have often had more expensive defenders than us but that didn't stop them sacking Lampard because they were floundering below even us (and it's not like we were great ourselves).
You cannot ignore the quality of coaching an how that has had an effect in pushing Chelsea upwards in the last few months
Maybe judge the change in coaching our end after more than a week with the new coaches

Back