• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New Stadium and Training Ground - Pg 104 Northumberland Park master plan

I think how they hide the old stadium would be the least of my worries!

Could they not just do some controlled explosive demolition job on it?

I'd even pay Daniel £5 to watch on the (new) Jumbotron 8)

They could board it up, then have the boardings showing what that part of the stadium will look like when it's complete. Like an artificially filled stand made from board!

A way around it would be to have the first couple of rows of seats detachable so for CL games they would simply be removed, then the first row would be higher enabling a better sightline for the advertising. These seats would not be season ticket, thus wouldn't interfere with bonus games for europe.
Or even retractable to go under the stand.

I love what Juventus have done though, despite the steel ropes within the ground, everything else is great, I know some site lines around the boxes are bogus through bad design but still the first tier is great.

I think the angle of the tier is more important than the distance from the pitch.

Is there any realitic chance the new stadium could be annonced before the end of the year?

What are the latest / revised timeframes?

Is there any realitic chance the new stadium could be annonced before the end of the year?

What are the latest / revised timeframes?

I'd be very surprised if there isn't an announcement before the end of the year. After all, the construction contracts are going out to tender within a matter of a few weeks.

2Wt8q.jpg

Thanks for that. Shows that the current gap is indeed 5 metres and that 8 metresisn't a big gap at all.

Is that confirmed?

Not by the club, no. They never confirm anything until a few months after it has happened! But plenty of itk reports (including from the fella on coys who has made a lot of correct calls on stadium related issues) and an article in the local paper have made the claim.

The supermarket will start later this year, and the tender will be going out within the next 6 weeks, Not sure how long contacors have to put their bids in, and how long after that when the clubs annouces who has won it, and the time frame they have.

The supermarket will start later this year, and the tender will be going out within the next 6 weeks, Not sure how long contacors have to put their bids in, and how long after that when the clubs annouces who has won it, and the time frame they have.

it better not be the ones who did Wembley, that Aussie company, I forget their name. They were shocking.

KSS are the project managers i believe ? edit : architects - anyone know if they have a history of working with specific building companies ?

couple of sketches from their website i don't think have been posted before

Tottenham_Hotspur_Stadium_04.jpg

Tottenham _Hotspur_Stadium_05.jpg

Last edited:
it better not be the ones who did Wembley, that Aussie company, I forget their name. They were shocking.

If I had to have a bet on it, my money would be on Sir Robert McAlpine.

They were the ones who built the Emirates - on schedule and on budget.

Many of senior figures on Spurs' stadium project team were formerly on the Emirates' project team.

Spurs might leave the decision to KSS. However, I don't think that KSS have ever worked on a stadium project of this size, expense and complexity before.

So previous contractors they've worked with might not be deemed to be safe enough bets.

interesting, I've worked on a few Sir Robert McAlpine jobs - Crystal Palace swimming Pool refurb and some stossy private members club in Mayfair - might have to put in a call see if i can get on there if they get it :D

MJL - an Mechanical & Engineering firm get a lot of the McAlpine contracts, think they also have a box at White Hart Lane, i did hear a while a go they were going to be tendering for a section of the works

Spurs might leave the decision to KSS. However, I don't think that KSS have ever worked on a stadium project of this size, expense and complexity before.

looking at their website they have designed several stadiums - Stamford Bridge, City of Manchester and several abroad - don't think they are on the same scale as this though and no idea how much of a role they played in the selection process as to who gets the contract - wouldnt on a job like this the client (Spurs) leave it up to the architects to decide ?

Last edited:
I wonder if the Insurance would go out to tender too then, me working in Insurance and all that. Could be a good one for our Construction boys here, albeit we want high premiums and I obviously do not want Spurs to pay more money being a fan and all that! Conflict of interests....hmmmm

Back