• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Need recommendations for a new laptop

So my Acer Aspire laptop is dying on me and I need suggestions for a new laptop. So what shall I go for? Any great deals about that I can't miss?

What will you be using this laptop for? If you want a fast, cheap and light laptop, then I would go with the above suggestions of the macbook air. If you are just doing light web surfing, listening to music and work productivity, the air will do the job and then some.

r.e. the Apple suggestons

If you really want a powerful machine - nothing less than a top spec MB Pro which would set you back a few quid

If not - I would reccommend some of the Vaio's F-series or HP's mid-end Pavilions - with the latter being your high-end desktop replacement packages . Bear in mind those would generally have shorter battery life and (on average) higher noise levels from the fans, etc.

Alternatively you can look at the Dell's Vostro range - V3550, etc. Very well priced for their specs.

smaller HD, only a tenner cheaper, also thats the education store, are you eligible for the education discount?

I have an HP i7 2.2 Ghz dv7 laptop which is both sleek (brushed aluminium finish) and reasonably powerful. It has 8gb ram, Blu Ray and Dr Dre has even added his beats audio to it. Not sure of the current price but I paid about ?ú900. Add some of those beats headphones to it and you'd feel nearly as hip as the Apple phalanx.

Which one did you go for?

I'm on the verge of getting one myself and would appreciate an objective review

Ok well I went to the apple store a few days ago and had a long chat with the manager. Nice guy who literally went to various other retail websites and compared prices. The best deal they had was http://store.apple.com/uk/browse/home/shop_mac/family/macbook_pro The 3rd one at ?ú1100 but it was a demo model. Decided against it being that it's practically second hand. Anyway carried on looking and http://www.jigsaw24.com/product-det...-13.3-2.13ghz-4gb-256gb-ssd-notebook-computer this particular model was ?ú1350 in the apple store. It's the new model and even the manager was shocked at the price. Oh the currys link I posted was an old model btw. Going by looks and general feel, I much prefered the Air.

Back