• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nacer Chadli

Lamela's options were being restricted by his lack of confidence in his right foot.

Nacer seems pretty artful with both.

Thought Chadli's cameo today was excellent. He's been improving this season too, in my opinion. Works more than he used to, gets stuck in, is a bit more direct. Was the difference today, obviously. Well done, Nacer! An unsung hero for us.

Also, how come a lot of commentators say "Nay-ser"? I'm pretty sure his name is pronounced "Nah-ser".

Thought Chadli's cameo today was excellent. He's been improving this season too, in my opinion. Works more than he used to, gets stuck in, is a bit more direct. Was the difference today, obviously. Well done, Nacer! An unsung hero for us.

Also, how come a lot of commentators say "Nay-ser"? I'm pretty sure his name is pronounced "Nah-ser".

Definitely been improving his work rate this season from what I've seen. Difference from last season is that we have other options that aren't completely Townsend that actually gives him competition for places. If he wants to play he has to put the effort in...

Has seemingly managed to do that whilst not having that impact what he does in front of goal.

Very important player for us. And what a difference it makes to have real quality on the bench. If it's Chadli, Lamela or Son doesn't matter all that much. But real attacking quality to come on with fresh legs towards the end is a real difference from last season.

I think he's underrated, he scores goals and is fairly skillful at beating his man. Maybe it's because he lacks pace?

But he doesn't lack pace, at all.. He's deceptively quick and extremely strong.

Some fans just need to cast blame or have a whinge about something, anything.. Unfortunately Nacer is one of the squad members who gets picked out.

He's a fantastic squad option and underlines the strength in depth we currently enjoy, he has come on leaps and bounds from his days at Twente and I think he'll just keep getting better under Poch.

For me we are best starting with one of Son or Chadli alongside Alli and one of Eriksen or Lamela. If things start to go south and we need a goal then Chadli or Son comes on for Lamela, because they offer a goal threat, especially Chadli as he seems to just sniff them out.

For me we are best starting with one of Son or Chadli alongside Alli and one of Eriksen or Lamela. If things start to go south and we need a goal then Chadli or Son comes on for Lamela, because they offer a goal threat, especially Chadli as he seems to just sniff them out.

I disagree, our strongest three behind Kane are Eriksen, Alli and Lamela. Son and Chadli are great options but a little short of the other three.

I disagree, our strongest three behind Kane are Eriksen, Alli and Lamela. Son and Chadli are great options but a little short of the other three.

I agree - clear first choice for me atm but am happy for the others to get time and work their way in to the team

I agree - clear first choice for me atm but am happy for the others to get time and work their way in to the team

Getting difficult to argue with Chadli's end product. Goals and assists at a wonderful rate, that being combined with more defensive work this season - all of that from a season that's been stopped quite a bit by injury for Chadli...

Thought Pochettino made a good, brave, call by putting Eriksen deeper today against Swansea. Gave us more creativity and attacking power than we probably would have gotten from Mason/Bentaleb. Also opened up space for Son and Lamela to start.

West Ham will be more difficult and perhaps we'll see Mason back in at central midfield. For that game I would say Lamela to start alongside Eriksen and Alli. But to me that's not clear cut at this point.

His workrate off the ball has noticeably gone up of late, which is great to see. Obviously this is something Poch demands of all his players, and there was no denying that he was a little lax with his tracking back before. From the outside it looks like Poch has brought so many of the players up to the next level by focusing on the flaws in their game. Chadli looks to be the next one to step up.

Well done shagger (great name whoever came up with it)

Last edited:
I like him but more as a sub and not a starter. I do agree best three behind Kane at present are Lamela, Alli and Eriksen. Sub in Chadli and Son in that order.

My experience is that english commentators, in general, don't understand/don't want to understand that an foreign atelete´s name should be pronounced in a non-english fashion.

My experience is that english commentators, in general, don't understand/don't want to understand that an foreign atelete´s name should be pronounced in a non-english fashion.

They tend to do quite the opposite IMO and go completely overboard in an attempt to be authentic, especially with Spanish names. Cathorla.

They tend to do quite the opposite IMO and go completely overboard in an attempt to be authentic, especially with Spanish names. Cathorla.

I've never been sure about that. Do you expect French/Italians to put on a faux English accent to pronounce your name? And even then a Michael from London pronounces his own name very differently to a Michael from Saudi Sportswashing Machine. I think you just accept people pronounce it with their on accent. I never liked the Dav-veed thing.

Back