• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Muhammad Ali

He can report me, jsut as I report this post. Welld done you.

Excellent. Thanks.

I broke a rule. As Diego did.

I reported and nothing happened. This is an "experiment".

I will send you a PM to explain further as you've clearly not grasped my point.

I haven't really reported this post. It made me laugh honestly. More like this please Southy.

ar121648781682381.jpg

I can't read Arabic

But I've read the bible son

One minute it's spreading love and fish, and turning the other cheek

The next its spread those cheeks, and take my iron rod unless you worship me

Thanks for putting me straight on this issue. it's obvious you are very well read and enlightened. =D>

And please, don't "son" me.

Excellent. Thanks.

I broke a rule. As Diego did.

I reported and nothing happened. This is an "experiment".

I will send you a PM to explain further as you've clearly not grasped my point.

Excellent. You really want to pursue this? In fact, I pretty much said you are guilty of the very thing you accused mods of being. Inane drivel I believe you said it was. So you in fact played several men by your logic.

Anyway I warned myself. Thanks for the concern though.

Yeah the stuff with Frazier was probably below the belt, but i honestly felt it was simply to get under his skin - rather than having an issue with Frazier himself.

I believe in the later years he apologised to Frazier for his antics and Frazier grudgingly forgave him and they sort of got on after that. I don't think he ever truly forgave him though

I met Joe Frazier in 1992. I can assure you, he never did forgive him deep down. I felt that Frazier was somewhat considered the 'ugly' one in a golden era with Ali, Norton, Foreman and his good self. An amazing fighter too.

Have you read any of his Islamic writings? He preaches nothing but love and respect for his fellow human. Just because he disagreed with the mainstream and was willing to stand up for his beliefs never made him a "looney".

This.

It never cease to amaze me how many people are ignorant when it comes to Ali...you also raise a great point. It seems, to some, that disagreeing with the mainstream and standing up against it gets you tagged as a nutter. How sad to see so many sheep without a pen...

This is well worth keeping an eye out for, if you have never seen it. The way that Ali treated Frazier was a disgrace, especially considering how Frazier supported Ali during his ban.

To be fair to Smokin' Joe he was very, very gracious and gentle when talking about it, especially to this-here stranger! I love Ali, really do, but he certainly over-stepped his mark a few times in the pursuit of showmanship, and this most certainly was one of those times. Actually, thinking about it, this was a genuine precursor to the sort of stupid hip-hop wars which came 15-20 years later...

To be fair to Smokin' Joe he was very, very gracious and gentle when talking about it, especially to this-here stranger! I love Ali, really do, but he certainly over-stepped his mark a few times in the pursuit of showmanship, and this most certainly was one of those times. Actually, thinking about it, this was a genuine precursor to the sort of stupid hip-hop wars which came 15-20 years later...

Don't get me wrong, I love Ali too and love watching his fights. I know that he was trying to talk up fights and psych out his opponents but the racial slurs that he used against Frazier and Foreman were a disgrace.

It's amazing how nice some of these hard men are in everyday life. I met Earnie Shavers a few years ago. Ring Magazine's all time No.10 in the greatest punchers of all-time and gave Ali a hell of a scare.

A real Gentleman. I was proud as punch (!) to shake his hand.

I saw a documentary about the Thriller In Manilla not that long before Frazier died, and he'd certainly changed his tune by then. His answerphone message was a version of 'Float Like A Butterfly' where he laughed about Ali's brain damage, and he was also laughing about it in the interview as well. I can't remember if it was his brother or his son with him, but he said he'd tried to get Frazier to forgive Ali but he couldn't let it go.

This.

It never cease to amaze me how many people are ignorant when it comes to Ali...you also raise a great point. It seems, to some, that disagreeing with the mainstream and standing up against it gets you tagged as a nutter. How sad to see so many sheep without a pen...QUOTE]

A'int that the truth.

I saw a documentary about the Thriller In Manilla not that long before Frazier died, and he'd certainly changed his tune by then. His answerphone message was a version of 'Float Like A Butterfly' where he laughed about Ali's brain damage, and he was also laughing about it in the interview as well. I can't remember if it was his brother or his son with him, but he said he'd tried to get Frazier to forgive Ali but he couldn't let it go.

In suspect he harbored huge deep anger and bitterness about the whole era indeed, but I think he was just being very, well, 'professional' towards me. I met him in the sort of circumstance which allowed me to get away with (quite frankly) a grossly naive and pretty insensitive question (from the mouth of a relative youngster!) along the lines of 'your fights with muhummad ali were epic, have you been able to find a friendship there since you both stopped fighting?'
:eek:

Back