• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Muhammad Ali

Mumorn

Vic Buckingham
In critical condition and could be dead within days apparently. Absolute legend, I hope he can pull through!!

My favourite sportsman/celeb bar none. A couple of weeks older than my father so I can't help but have a bond with him (difficult to explain).

I always said I would never cry when a famous person passes but I will when time catches up with Ali. So much more to him than his sport.

I hated watching his fight with Holmes as a kid - that was the one that was one step too far IMO. I remember a back page of a tabloid with him celebrating - cannot remember who against but it was a very very early memory I cannot forget - must have been 1975-1979.

Come on my man, bomaye!!!

Like how he stood up for what he believed in and his reason for not fighting in vietnam i wont repeat what he said but i think it is one of the best quotes of the century along with jfk in Berlin.

:(:(:(:(:(

One of the very few celebrities whose passing would register with me. Horrible news if true.

My favourite sportsman/celeb bar none. A couple of weeks older than my father so I can't help but have a bond with him (difficult to explain).

I always said I would never cry when a famous person passes but I will when time catches up with Ali. So much more to him than his sport.

I hated watching his fight with Holmes as a kid - that was the one that was one step too far IMO.

My grandad was a boxer in the Navy and much older than Ali, but Ali was one of his sporting heroes. I remember him being in tears watching that fight.

I knew it would be bad news before I clicked the link. And I did so with trepidation. But, oh no, just awful news.

One of my all time heroes. There will never be anyone like him in boxing again.

The Greatest, without a doubt.

929592-muhammad-ali-watching-super-bowl.jpg

THE family of Muhammad Ali has posted a picture of him enjoying the Super Bowl, amid claims he was close to death.
Ali's brother was quoted in British media as saying the sporting legend, who suffers from Parkinson's disease, could be dead within days.
But Ali's daughter May May told the Associated Press she had spoken to her father on the phone on Sunday morning and he was fine.

"He's fine, in fact he was talking well this morning," she said. "These rumors pop up every once in a while but there's nothing to them."

Ali's family told the Louisville Courier-Journal that he was in good spirits and tweeted a picture of him enjoying the Super Bowl in a Baltimore Ravens jersey.

Family spokesman Bob Gunnell disputed the UK media reports and said Ali "looks great".
“He’s having a Super Bowl party," Gunnell said.

The tweeted picture shows Ali with fists raised along with the words: “The Greatest is ready for the Super Bowl! Go @Ravens!”.

The Greatest EVER.

Completely changed the image of boxing.

Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee !!!

Stay well Ali.

In all honesty I hope he dies gracfully sooner rather than latter. Its getting very sad watching the great man be wheeled out time and time again.

I was thinking the same. On the other hand, if he is happy and comfortable then good luck to him. But stop wheeling him out. Let him live his remaining time in private.

This latest report does seem to be one part of his family (his brother) trying to get one up on another (daugher, wife?).

His brother (where the story came from) is an interesting one. He took on the surname Ali and is married to a pastor. Now in Islam he can marry a Christian woman but then in an interview he mentions the Holy Ghost (I assume therefore he is Christian).

MA's wife has cut him off so I suspect he's a bit of poison around the great man.

Back