• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

Well if he stays he has to change his shooting technique. I know he is about to shoot about a minute before he kicks it.

He did well enough the last day and should have had an assist. His attempted shot was lame though.

Well if he stays he has to change his shooting technique. I know he is about to shoot about a minute before he kicks it.

He did well enough the last day and should have had an assist. His attempted shot was lame though.
This was common from all the players on Sunday, taking a touch before shooting (i.e. no disguise on the shot and allowing the opposition to block), when there wasn't time for the touch. Perhaps just a bit of early season rustiness.

It's not the fee. He is not the intelligent footballer who offers pace, goals, assists that we need.

Even if he was a free transfer it would have been a totally underwhelming transfer. Its not his fault, he is what he is.

Maybe its not for you, but do not kid yourself its not the reason for others.

The difference is that Lamela was 21 and had just had a great season in Serie A, scoring 15 goals. Whereas Sissoko was 27 and had just had 3 mediocre seasons in the Premier League, scoring 1 goal in the last one.

Both were slagged off by some fans and the biggest bitch was about how much money we paid for them.

This was common from all the players on Sunday, taking a touch before shooting (i.e. no disguise on the shot and allowing the opposition to block), when there wasn't time for the touch. Perhaps just a bit of early season rustiness.
It is more than that imo. His wind up to the shot is too long - loads of little steps. There is no doubt what's coming. I think he just needs a different technique that will allow him to get the shot off quicker.

Maybe its not for you, but do not kid yourself its not the reason for others.

The fee of course makes the transfer even more ridiculous.

Free transfer, or 30 mill transfer, or if Saudi Sportswashing Machine paid us to take Sissoko off their hands......whichever way you want it, the fact remains he is a terrible footballer

The fee of course makes the transfer even more ridiculous.

Free transfer, or 30 mill transfer, or if Saudi Sportswashing Machine paid us to take Sissoko off their hands......whichever way you want it, the fact remains he is a terrible footballer

Well i am not going to get into a debate about how good/bad he is as a player. My point was that most fans can not get around the fact he cost 30 mill and that is used against him the same as it was with Lamela. Players are not to blame for what clubs pay for them and to use his fee to bash him is ( imo) foolish.

Well i am not going to get into a debate about how good/bad he is as a player. My point was that most fans can not get around the fact he cost 30 mill and that is used against him the same as it was with Lamela. Players are not to blame for what clubs pay for them and to use his fee to bash him is ( imo) foolish.

Agree.....blame the club, manager, chairman for the fee.

Both were slagged off by some fans and the biggest bitch was about how much money we paid for them.

Maybe so. Still, I would personally say that criticism of Sissoko is more justified regardless of his fee, though no doubt that exacerbates things for many fans - and rightly so.

He was actually pretty decent on the break and absolutely deserved an assist. The shot? Yes. Crap. But by far my biggest problem is that when he comes on as a sub, he doesn't keep shape!!!! Needs to be smarter. I HOPE that is simply a lack of confidence pushing him to chase around, as that is correctable.

Anyway, he is here and as such, he has my backing again!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

He was actually pretty decent on the break and absolutely deserved an assist. The shot? Yes. Crap. But by far my biggest problem is that when he comes on as a sub, he doesn't keep shape!!!! Needs to be smarter. I HOPE that is simply a lack of confidence pushing him to chase around, as that is correctable.

Anyway, he is here and as such, he has my backing again!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

i would agree and i hope ALL fans would get behind him when he puts the shirt on, alas i fear that will not happen.

It was only one short moment, but that assist in the Burnley game at home last season shows what he is capable of; I hope he knuckles down and Poch is able to extract that skill at the right time..

Ive mentioned before, but I dont think Pochettino helps him by keep putting him on the left.

He looks utterly lost out there and clearly has no clue what to do/where to be/how to play, to the degree that the other players just pass around him.

He is at his best for France on the right of a midfield 3. Conceivably could do a job "on the right" in general. And potentially even as wing back.

Not saying he would be especially good, but any of those positions would at least offer him a chance to show his attribute.

On the left? Might as well just put one of those maequin things we use for free kick training on instead.

Back