• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

Thought Son was pretty poor and was having one of his frustrating games.
We played at a higher tempo and pushed them back, a large part of that was reducing the flow to Zaha on the right hand side.
Then a single wonder goal broke Palace.

Or are you in a place where if the team is poor its because of sissoko, however if its good its despite sissoko.

Nobody is saying he is a world beater, that doesnt mean you have to hate him so much as to be blind when he has played well

Did he really play well? Or are people comparing his stint to his previous performances? He looks out of sort in this team and is getting exposed by lesser players. I can name one midfield player in every prem team even Sunderland that I would consider over having sissoko.

Is he that bad? Bloody hell he was talking himself about being in the champions league. Id say get in the rymans league. You think I'm joking but I've seen players in tee lower leagues that have a better footballing skill set than this chap.

I'm sorry I can't give praise to an average performance which is deemed as improvement by some...as if he is just about to turn the corner and smash it.

Thought Son was pretty poor and was having one of his frustrating games.
We played at a higher tempo and pushed them back, a large part of that was reducing the flow to Zaha on the right hand side.
Then a single wonder goal broke Palace.

Or are you in a place where if the team is poor its because of sissoko, however if its good its despite sissoko.

Nobody is saying he is a world beater, that doesnt mean you have to hate him so much as to be blind when he has played well

I agree Son had one of his frustrating games. And for me he was about as good (or poor) as Sissoko was despite Sissoko having one of his better games.

I would be happy to praise him if he actually did well. You know, if he got into a scoring position and managed a decent finish, or if he set up a goal, our if he managed a decent assist for an assists. The kind of thing our other attacking midfielders do when they get praised. A wonder goal broke Palace, but we were creating chances throughout that second half and I don't remember Sissoko contributing much to that.

You say Son was pretty poor, compared to what though? His own better games I would think... and compared to those better games from Son (or anyone else) Sissoko was also pretty poor. Only if I accept that Sissoko should only be judged by a completely different standard set by his own terrible performances can I say that he did well against Palace. I don't think that's fair.

I would also say shifting Eriksen into midfield and pushing Dier into a holding position were critical factors too.

Do not disagree mate, however that only happened because we/Poch made the subs he did. And that was bringing on both Sissoko and Son.

Do not disagree mate, however that only happened because we/Poch made the subs he did. And that was bringing on both Sissoko and Son.

Parklane I understand your perspective but I think the point is. Is he an asset to the team? Currently or in future?

I've never seen such a poor first touch in the league. When others pass the ball I don't even acknowledge it ... when sissoko passes it I hold my breath.

When he has tried to control the ball and it somehow trickles by the opponent (not ready for that trick) he gets into a position of intent... are you convinced by his next move/pass? For example when any of our other players have the ball in the final third, I don't even look at the ball, I'm focused on who is going to make a run to get on the end of the pass.

When sissoko is on the ball in the final third I'm looking at him and thinking let's roll the dice and see what he comes up with.

Tongue in cheek comment ... I know some are a touch sensitive....

I heard of a player being sold once for a record fee which actually was a fridge exchanged for a player.

I think if we sold him for a fax machine we could improve our team.

Parklane I understand your perspective but I think the point is. Is he an asset to the team? Currently or in future?

I've never seen such a poor first touch in the league. When others pass the ball I don't even acknowledge it ... when sissoko passes it I hold my breath.

When he has tried to control the ball and it somehow trickles by the opponent (not ready for that trick) he gets into a position of intent... are you convinced by his next move/pass? For example when any of our other players have the ball in the final third, I don't even look at the ball, I'm focused on who is going to make a run to get on the end of the pass.

When sissoko is on the ball in the final third I'm looking at him and thinking let's roll the dice and see what he comes up with.

As i have said earlier i do not know if he will be here next season, he looks like a player who is so short of confidence that when he gets the ball he is in such a rush to do things that he has not got the thing under control. He helped us change the game and get the three points the other night and that is what i judge him on for that game.

i do believe that some fans can not get past the fact he cost 30 mill, Lamela got the same stick ( and probably from the same fans) because of his transfer fee ( i am not saying that you were/are one of them). He has not really played that much and because of that feels he has to impress but rushes everything he tries to do and that never works no matter how good/bad a player you are.

As i say it depends on what Poch wants and if he decides to keep him i will take his opinion on that over fans who as i have said before have decided he is crap and will never change from that stance( as i said earlier i am not suggesting that you are one of them)

I know this is a bit out there, but what's the chances he goes back to Saudi Sportswashing Machine now they are back in PL.
Him and rafa get on so maybe it was just a "loan" season deal if they could bounce back. Would make sense with the £6m per season talk.

I don't think we should sell him as he has shown plenty of promise and can be a world beater on his day. When his day comes I will be the first to tell you that I told you so and that I was right the whole 99 games.

I know this is a bit out there, but what's the chances he goes back to Saudi Sportswashing Machine now they are back in PL.
Him and rafa get on so maybe it was just a "loan" season deal if they could bounce back. Would make sense with the £6m per season talk.

First things first, this £6M thing is gonad*s, made up by a journalist that is a bit simple. You have to pay the full amount in instalments of £6M, even if you sell him.

If I go out tomorrow and buy a new BMW on finance with monthly payments over 36 months I can't just sell the car after 6 months, stop paying the instalments and pocket the cash from the sale.

Secondly, Rafa does like Sissoko but would need to think very carefully about bringing him back on the basis that all the fans fudging hate him. If we were to look to bring him back I'm sure they would look at some sort of deal and re-structuring of the money you owe but it's not as simple as that idiot journalist makes out.

Don't want him.

First things first, this £6M thing is gonads, made up by a journalist that is a bit simple. You have to pay the full amount in instalments of £6M, even if you sell him.

If I go out tomorrow and buy a new BMW on finance with monthly payments over 36 months I can't just sell the car after 6 months, stop paying the instalments and pocket the cash from the sale.

Secondly, Rafa does like Sissoko but would need to think very carefully about bringing him back on the basis that all the fans fudging hate him. If we were to look to bring him back I'm sure they would look at some sort of deal and re-structuring of the money you owe but it's not as simple as that idiot journalist makes out.

Don't want him.

Hey Greg, been a while .. how was the season.

Personally don't see us selling him back to you guys, both for the reasons you mention +finances. Likely he's off to Europe somewhere ..

Hey Greg, been a while .. how was the season.

Personally don't see us selling him back to you guys, both for the reasons you mention +finances. Likely he's off to Europe somewhere ..

Been fun, hard work at times, but some great away trips and a couple of away ends with terracing which is always fun.

Agreed. Can't see him coming back.

Back