• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mousa Dembele

Would be interesting to see Alli's chalk board.

Alli's passing versus Liverpool

dz6kr9.png

and Swansea

vep0no.png

So in comparison Dembele's passing is marginally better than Alli in that game? Of course it doesn't show their runs with the ball. Or tackles.

So in comparison Dembele's passing is marginally better than Alli in that game? Of course it doesn't show their runs with the ball. Or tackles.

I would say that Alli's passing is marginally more aggressive in the Liverpool game. He has a key pass and a number of long distances passes that did not come off. But there is a fag papers difference in it and Dembele retained possession better. I don't think either of them will be getting many games there once Mason is back.

Dembele was widely acclaimed as putting in a good performance, some peoples' MOM. But it does seem like some are reluctant to let the past go, and judge him on the basis of this season. He was clearly the more successful midfielder that game. Taking nothing away from Alli.

I hear what you've saying about his passing. While he'll never be a Carrick his passing is okay and he can bring other attacking qualities. I had given up on Dembele too. Ultimately he was too happy to play within himself I thought. Never running a game. But that has changed in a few recent performances this season. Poch has spoken about him delivering and set Dembele targets. Lets see what he can do...

Dembele was widely acclaimed as putting in a good performance, some peoples' MOM. But it does seem like some are reluctant to let the past go, and judge him on the basis of this season. He was clearly the more successful midfielder that game. Taking nothing away from Alli.

I hear what you've saying about his passing. While he'll never be a Carrick his passing is okay and he can bring other attacking qualities. I had given up on Dembele too. Ultimately he was too happy to play within himself I thought. Never running a game. But that has changed in a few recent performances this season. Poch has spoken about him delivering and set Dembele targets. Lets see what he can do...

He did have a good game but I do think that his game is not particularly suited to playing at the base of midfield under Poch.

The only place (for me) he can work in this set-up effectively, is left or middle that three behind Kane. And I'd still rather play Mason here than him.

We are depriving him the chance to fulfil his potential as he has the quality to start week in week out. I wont be surprised to see him go soon, his ability is clear to be seen.

Huh?? WE are depriving HIM??

Are you saying that WE are stifling HIS abilities?? You mean WE want him NOT to shoot and score more goals?
You mean WE want him to hog the ball for too lomng instead of passing the ball forwards quickly?
You mean WE want him to keep not seeing the forward passes to teammates in GHod attacking spaces and postions??

Did AVB, Sherwood stifle him less than Poch??

He is 28 FFS, has been with us nearly 4 years and you still feel WE are depriving HIM a chance to fulfil potential?? He's had LOADS of chances!

Maybe we ARE depriving him one thing: games week in and week out, as he has shown for where we are aiming for (i.e. top 4 challenge) perhaps it is WE who are too high a level a club for HIM...

Because he's put in performances like these before. When he's in the mood/in form and game conditions suit him his strengths are clear as can be for all to see.

Unfortunately his strengths continue to add up to extremely little in terms of end product Not only goals and assists, but in terms of upping our tempo to set up players or causing imbalances for opponents.

He did have a good game but I do think that his game is not particularly suited to playing at the base of midfield under Poch.

His game isn't suited to teams that have to/are expected to dominate possession in general imo.

Our defending was certainly poor for first goals but the reason we lost for me was that we settled into too slow a rhythm of game and then could not raise our game when we needed to.

You see it time and time again and if you have played, you must know how difficult it is to raise the tempo when you find yourself on the back foot.

It was inexperience letting us down, we thought the game was won after ten minutes and sat back.

Agree about the rhythm of play, we do this a lot. When I played and subsequently managed, I always felt the first 5/10 mins of each half dictated where the game would go. The team I was involved were relatively strong in our league so if we set about our business in the right manner we more often than not came out on top. \if we were slow out of the traps it was a different story. Our european performances seem to have this trait more than Premier ones, which makes me think its a mindset thing. As in they don't see it as important enough no matter what they try and spin out through the website etc

@SpursStatMan: Dembele's goal was just his fourth for Spurs in the Premier League since joining in 2012

His previous league goals being in these fixtures:

2-3 at Liverpool (10/2/15)
3-0 v Stoke (29/12/13)
1-1 v Norwich (1/9/12)

He was key first half. Happy for him. He can still come on though. Where Alli has confidence in his ability to try things in the final third, Demeble often plays safe. Want to see him work a yard and set up a goal or shoot more often. Definitely earning his Spurs place for me, but its tough crowd in here.

What are the doubters views?

He was key first half. Happy for him. He can still come on though. Where Alli has confidence in his ability to try things in the final third, Demeble often plays safe. Want to see him work a yard and set up a goal or shoot more often. Definitely earning his Spurs place for me, but its tough crowd in here.

As I mentioned earlier the only place he can possibly work for us is as part of that front three behind Kane, but he needs to be more progressive. There were times today when you looked and saw every inch what he could be as a player, yet seems to lack confidence? Enigmatic and still frustrating for me, as you feel there's high high quality in the guy.

I'm not sure whether I count as a doubter. I like him as a player but I am not sure that he is suited to our current set up.

I haven't seen the game today and it would be gonad*s to comment after seeing five minutes of highlights on MotD later. I am overjoyed that he got a goal today though and from what I have read/heard on the radio, he had a good game, which is great.

Another great gsme. He can play in the middle two and behind Kane, useful player. If he keeps it up he could have a great season. Personally he'd a starter for me. Main 11 even when everyone is fit.

If he can find more courage when he is up there, if he believes in himself more and if he can score even 8 goals for the remainder of the season AND if he can stay fit, then he would absolutely push for the first 11 and deservedly so. Right now, between him and Chadli, the reason Chadli would get the nod is his goalscoring record. I believe that both will be squad players long-term. We shall see.

I'm glad to see that people are now talking about Dembele in a way that isn't suggesting he is likely to be out of the door because he has no place. Obviously not everyone feels like that but I have definitely noticed a feeling that he should be sold. I think his ability is up there as one of the best at the club and he is so athletic.......I definitely accept he slows things down at times and should score much more often than he does but I think he offers us so much that it would be a shame if we didn't tie him down to another 3-4 year deal.

I would like to see him playing advanced in the games against teams we should beat both home and away as his movement in tight spaces and holding the ball up works great to get the pacier players involved. Against the top 4/5 I would always play him in the two with Dier or Alli depending on the athleticism of the opposing team as I think he covers the ground well defensively and is very hard to shake off/dispossess plus his energy means he can go box to box.

A couple of times today he just waltz through them but make no mistake their midfield was the worst I've seen this season

We were in complete control of midfield and Dembele linked up well
In attack and did his usual defensive shift too whilst carrying a random injury picked up when he scored (not sure how he got injured)

Back