• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mousa Dembele

I think it had the potential to be (hamstring) but we took him off early to avoid any further problems.

That said, just before he was taken off, he had to go into one of those typical challlenges - that didn't help.

he was holding his hamstring but kept running...probably tweaked something but it did not look too serious. still looks like one or two weeks out. great that lennon is back.

Dembele is going to be crucial for us getting top four, my gut instinct was that he was being removed a a caution rather than a full blown tear or strain. Here's hoping.

Any news on Dembele?

I think we desperately need him against Chelsea and he would obviously also be very useful against Southampton too.

I read somewhere that he has been sitting out training at the start of the week. It didn't say if that was precautionary or something more serious.

Not really.

He passed the fitness test. He did not say that anything was wrong. So why would we not start him?

because we have an important game Wednesday and he is one of our most important players. Now we face the possibility of going into Chelsea with a midfield two of Holtby and Huddlestone.

because we have an important game Wednesday and he is one of our most important players. Now we face the possibility of going into Chelsea with a midfield two of Holtby and Huddlestone.

As opposed to the important game today that we only just managed to win?

a midfield three of Holtby, Siggurdsson and Huddlestone would have been good enough today in my view, much more balanced too if you ask me.

Which is fine. Saying in hindsight that he shouldn't have started is silly though. He was fit. His physios said he was fit. The player said he was fit. The player passed the fitness test prior to the match.

What more can a manager really do to determine whether or not his player is fit enough to play?

Which is fine. Saying in hindsight that he shouldn't have started is silly though. He was fit. His physios said he was fit. The player said he was fit. The player passed the fitness test prior to the match.

What more can a manager really do to determine whether or not his player is fit enough to play?

i think we have a tendency to rush players back. Bale against Fulham, Lennon against Basel I think it was, Dembele today, I dont even think Dembele trained half the week. AVB was saying how important he is, makes me believe he rushed him in today.

i think we have a tendency to rush players back. Bale against Fulham, Lennon against Basel I think it was, Dembele today, I dont even think Dembele trained half the week. AVB was saying how important he is, makes me believe he rushed him in today.

'rush players back'

He passed his fitness tests. He was fit. How was he rushed back?

Sometimes its best to give players a rest. No way were the likes of Dembele, Bale or Lennon 100% fit, but whatever.

'sometimes it's best'

Yeah.. you couldn't be more vague if you tried. How do you know Bale or Lennon weren't 100%? They have both put in performances exactly like that previously this season.

i watched the fudging game, thats how i know. Let me guess, because they played they're 100% fit, believe what you want.

i watched the fudging game, thats how i know. Let me guess, because they played they're 100% fit, believe what you want.

No i don't believe they are 100% fit.

I don't think many footballers are 100% fit at the stage of the season. They will always have niggles and issues, it's the nature of being professional athletes.

So if players play badly they must not be fully fit?

You could tell they were unfit just by watching? Can you tell me how? In my mind Lennon didn't play well. That could be to do with a vast number of reasons. Why is it fitness?

Bale was closed down and given no space. I would credit Southampton with shutting him down. It had nothing to do with his fitness.

Edit: This isn't just at you, there are a lot of 'amatuer' physios on here who clearly have no idea what they are talking about.

Last edited:
Back