• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Morgan Schneiderlin

I know a man who was. Manages Spurs now.
So I'm not entitled to have an opinion of my own now? Ohh excuse me for having a supposedly different opinion than Poch. Ohh sorry, I meant GHod, the almighty! If he has once played in a team managed by Poch, he must be world class! We should sign all the players who played at Espanyol when Poch was there! They must be frickin world beaters!

Sent from outer space

simpsons-sarcasm-detector-o.gif

Dembele? I don't see it really. When he was at Southampton and we were linked to him I watched him a fair bit. He mostly played in a deep role akin to say Carrick (but with more tackling and a worse passing range).

If you are saying MS is a better CM than Mason I would definitely agree but I think the comparison is probably a little unfair. IMO Mason has been playing out of position. He's a 10 being shoehorned into a CM role with doesn't suit his strengths.

I don't think we need this guy even if his wages were doable.

I obviously respect your opinion but my reply to that is... playing in a deep role is exactly where Dembele plays for us. What the Schneiderlin detractors completely want to ignore is that fact that he was Poch's lynchpin in a Soton midfield that played exactly with the same tactics as we now do. If Wanyama + Schneiderlin were crucial for Poch two years ago, and he has been willing to wait two years to bring Wanyama to Spurs, it is pretty logical that he would do the same with the Frenchman if he was available and affordable.

As for Mason, can we please bin this idea that Mason is anything close to a "10". His passing is basic - at best - and his goalscoring abysmal; I have lost count how many time he comes face to face with the opposing keeper and is unable to find the net.

So I'm not entitled to have an opinion of my own now? Ohh excuse me for having a supposedly different opinion than Poch. Ohh sorry, I meant GHod, the almighty! If he has once played in a team managed by Poch, he must be world class! We should sign all the players who played at Espanyol when Poch was there! They must be frickin world beaters!

Sent from outer space

A touch sensitive

I obviously respect your opinion but my reply to that is... playing in a deep role is exactly where Dembele plays for us. What the Schneiderlin detractors completely want to ignore is that fact that he was Poch's lynchpin in a Soton midfield that played exactly with the same tactics as we now do. If Wanyama + Schneiderlin were crucial for Poch two years ago, and he has been willing to wait two years to bring Wanyama to Spurs, it is pretty logical that he would do the same with the Frenchman if he was available and affordable.

As for Mason, can we please bin this idea that Mason is anything close to a "10". His passing is basic - at best - and his goalscoring abysmal; I have lost count how many time he comes face to face with the opposing keeper and is unable to find the net.

Dembele is a ball carrier, a box to box player in the Poch version of Spurs, and Schneiderlin doesn't match that skill set at all IMO. I don't see us playing the same way as Southampton either which at the time of both these players being there they played as a double pivot (a term which I don't really like tbh). Dier is the base of our system, the playmaker and that is where Schneiderlin has looked his best IMO. Anyway I don't think we'll agree on this but the chances of a utd player coming to us are remote because of the exorbitant wages.

As for Mason for me the jury is still out. He's been poor as a CM but he hasn't got a run in his favoured position, the position he's played in the Spurs youth and academy teams. So I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Sent from outer space

For some reason i read this in the voice of Will from the inbetweeners.

Sent from outer space

You are allowed your own opinion and I am sorry if I led you to think otherwise.
But if you could run it by me first before posting that would be just peachy. For example, we could have headed off this silly Schneiderlin one ever appearing in public.

Thanks awfully, sunshine. ;)

Good for them.

About the right level as well. Schneiderlin wont be a regular for a bigger team and whilst Mata would be a world class 5-a-side player, there's various formations and styles which he doesnt fit into - someone like Everton though would have him as the centre of their team so can accommodate him

I don't get the hate for the player ... he went got the opportunity and money.

Ithe didn't work out ... could we not use him to win things?

Even though we don't need him, it's the mentality of fans that get me. If we needed a player of his quality and he was willing to come id be all over it

I believe that Schneiderlin will thrive in a Mourinho team which will play at least 2 defensive midfielders. I will be very surprised if he is sold. I like Schneiderlin and was desperate to get him the season before last. That has now changed given Dier rapid development in the defensive midfield role especially during the Euros when he was England's only real bright spark. In addition the moose is now one of the most dominant midfielders in the premiership so I don't see where schneiderlin will fit in.

Back