• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

modric & parker lack of goals

Larsson and Arteta are the only central midfielders who have scored significantly more than Luka this season, with 7 each. And I think a good few of those are from direct free-kicks.

The 'Modric and Goals' debate always comes up, and I think we should all be able to agree on three things:

a) players who play in a two-man central midfield rarely score lots of goals.
b) Still, Luka could score a couple more if his shooting was better (without having to change the way he plays).
c) Even so, shooting is not the most important attribute for his position, and he more than makes up for it by being brilliant at practically everything else.

This,x3

Larsson and Arteta are the only central midfielders who have scored significantly more than Luka this season, with 7 each. And I think a good few of those are from direct free-kicks.

The 'Modric and Goals' debate always comes up, and I think we should all be able to agree on three things:

b) Still, Luka could score a couple more if his shooting was better (without having to change the way he plays).
c) Even so, shooting is not the most important attribute for his position, and he more than makes up for it by being brilliant at practically everything else.

[-X He is completely brick at being tall...

Modric is not dropping back to make up for Parker's lack of creativity, it is the roles that they play in our team. Parker and Modric provide a stable base on which Adebayor, VdV, Bale and Lennon can attack with freedom. The great thing about Modric is that he rarely wastes possession; he is strong on the ball and can always find a positive pass, he always plays the ball into space for a team mate to run onto and there is no one better than him in the league at playing a pass through a tight gap. If he plays further forwards then he would have less space to play these passes.

I just think Modric prefers to play deep. We all know PIB dislikes Parker and will beat him with any stick, but the reality of the situation is Modric used to play just as deep when paired with Huddlestone. At the time I thought it was because Modric was a great team player, realised that Huddlestone wasn't the most mobile defensively and stayed back to help out. Having now seen Modric paired with several partners, I realise that Modric just prefers to sit deeper.

hi guys first post so go easy ;)

as good as players modric & parker are , they contribute almost zero goals between them . these 2 have been at the heart of our midfield and to come up with the tiny amount they have effects the team .

if the opposition know they offer almost no goal threat then they play to that .

at least when thew hudd is fit he can test the keeper from range

of course we still need 1-2 new quality strikers as well, Adebayor is a good striker but is not always up for it & defoe is good but not top 4 quality !

spurs need to play with far more intensity and urgency than they do as well , the likes of manu arse etc know when to step it up but too many times especially recently spurs seem to be just cruising through games, maybe some of them are tired ? arry dsent like to rotate does he ..

martin tyler made an interesting comment the other day when he suggested that stats showed spurs can only play well for one half of a game..

we massively need a win tonight !

COYS

hi mate , not having a go but you wont get goals alot from players that sit deeper than attacking mids that dont have defensive responsibility. i mean how in your minds eye do you see modric and parker getting goals? whats the formation? what move put them in the goal scoring position? if the move didnt work is them attacking like mad men going to help , harm or make no difference to the teams vulnerability? you know, brick to consider like that

larsson isnt even a CM if i can get this corrctly..doesnt he play on the right?

Parker is a defensive midfielder, so any goals from him are bonus. But players like Modric and Lennon should be scoring more goals from midfield.

Parker is a defensive midfielder, so any goals from him are bonus. But players like Modric and Lennon should be scoring more goals from midfield.

As MK has said, Modric plays deep. His job is to hold possession and start attacks from deep. How is he meant to score more from this position?

As MK has said, Modric plays deep. His job is to hold possession and start attacks from deep. How is he meant to score more from this position?

By making runs forward when the other central midfielder is covering, a central midfielder should be able to come up with goals. As good as modric is as ticking the play over his end product is awful.

It is a very unsided midfield and something is very wrong with it.

Back