• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mitt Romney the next new leader of the free world!!!

The only part where Stewart stumbled was when he was talking about the debt and the deficit. O'Reilly was very good at turning the tables though, flat-out ignoring questions that he knew would concede a point that would ruin his entire argument. Instead, he re-framed the question and went on the attack, dodging the issue completely. Very clever and sneaky.

The most aggravating point of O'Reilly's was that we ignore the years of the Bush administration because the 8 years prior to Obama being sworn in are somehow irrelevant. The Fox News attack is that Obama is at fault for everything that resulted from the recession, but not the recession itself. Of course Obama hasn't handled every situation perfectly. I'd be hard-pressed to find any president who's had a perfect record, though.

What is evident is that this current system of partisan politics is fundamentally flawed. I hope O'Reilly is right when he said there will be a third party, and I don't mean a libertarian one. I'm thinking it could be a reversal of the Republicans taking in the Tea Party, with the Republicans taking a more moderate conservative stance and the Teabaggers taking all the nutjobs.

What is evident is that this current system of partisan politics is fundamentally flawed. I hope O'Reilly is right when he said there will be a third party, and I don't mean a libertarian one. I'm thinking it could be a reversal of the Republicans taking in the Tea Party, with the Republicans taking a more moderate conservative stance and the Teabaggers taking all the nutjobs.

This.

I think if Romney loses the election by a large margin, then (I hope) the Republicans will have to look within themselves and decide if they can keep going down the Fox News-led extreme right-wing path. Personally, I hope they can get some of the Tea Party candidates and ideology out of their platform as I think it is isolating them from more and more of the populace, and a two-party system does not function with such partisanship as there currently is. Yes, they are not solely to blame for the current gridlock in Congress and the Senate, but IMO they are more responsible than the Dems since they have strayed way to the right whilst the Dems are fairly centrist in their platform.

Just look at Romneys record at Bain for evidence of his complete lack of empathy. He stamps on the little guy, he doesn't stand up for his interests.

Empathy...a quality lacking in society sadly...

IMO the lack of empathy in society is a result of big governement. Why should we care about others individually when governement is there to swoop in and save everyone? By contrast, I feel many have epathy and are willing to give to charity for those around the world with no such luxuries like those in Africa

IMO the lack of empathy in society is a result of big governement. Why should we care about others individually when governement is there to swoop in and save everyone? By contrast, I feel many have epathy and are willing to give to charity for those around the world with no such luxuries like those in Africa

I would have gone with narcissism, but that's an interesting theory too...

*tip of the hat*

i found the full version if anyone wanted to watch and couldn't be bothered to look for it :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRtQBUkcyEs

watched this last night, brilliant hour and a half of entertainment - john stewart is the best political commentator / comedian around by a country mile! although o'reilly gets taken to the cleaners on every issue i did actually surprise myself by warming to him slightly towards the end, clearly not the frothing at the mouth right wing lunatic his fox news persona portrays, at least not all the time!

Romney has this guy on his Science Panel. Seriously. The news came out yesterday. A guy that does not believe in evolution. Wow.

Todd Akin is on the Committee on Science, Space and Technology. Someone who thinks that if a woman is illegitimately rape, the body will just go ahead and shut that whole thing down.

W T F

watched this last night, brilliant hour and a half of entertainment - john stewart is the best political commentator / comedian around by a country mile! although o'reilly gets taken to the cleaners on every issue i did actually surprise myself by warming to him slightly towards the end, clearly not the frothing at the mouth right wing lunatic his fox news persona portrays, at least not all the time!

going to watch it tonight i think - you peeps better not vote in the Crazies in a few weeks time, otherwise there is no chance of me moving there!

The debate irritated me slightly, mainly because of Jon Stewart. In general he was a comedian first and a debater second. He said easy things to get a round of applause or a big laugh but I think O'Reilly generally made the more informed comments.

Back