• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Miguel Lopes

Mumorn

Vic Buckingham
Gonçalo Lopes ‏@_GoncaloLopes
Tommorow Miguel Lopes'agent will meet Tottenham to discuss a possible loan contract from sporting. #Maisfutebol

right back.. interesting.

Competition for Walker, I think Walker will be ace this year but if he breaks down we have Naughton, we need better cover

This guy is pretty reliable as far as journos go and especially on all things Portuguese league related. Naughton on his way maybe?

Is the tweeter related to him, or just journalist with the same surname?

Apparently Lopes can play both FBs, so may be enough for us to let both BAE and Rose go (with Fryers stepping up as principal LB cover).

I also though just read that AVB didn't rate him and released him from Porto.

Personally I don't like loaning in players though - it feels like just delaying finding a solution.

Apparently Lopes can play both FBs, so may be enough for us to let both BAE and Rose go (with Fryers stepping up as principal LB cover).

Personally I don't like loaning in players though - it feels like just delaying finding a solution.
Just a journo with the same name.

I agree, I hate loans (If they are guarenteed starters then it feels like a waste) but maybe if this guy is a decent back-up and allows us to offload 2 and focus on bringing in other areas this window then it's a good idea? Assuming Davies and Walker are clear 1st choice full-backs and Poch is sure he wants to offload Naughton/Rose.

Saying that, I have no idea if this guy is any better worse than Rose or Naughton? But I'd be happy to take that chance ;)

I don't mind loans like these. If he's good enough we will probably have a clause to sign him up permanently, if not it's cheap backup for a year perhaps while we wait for some youngster we have in our ranks to step it up a level or better options to present themselves in the transfer market.

"Permanent" backup solutions are rarely permanent anyway as players will want regular first team football sooner or later anyway.

If we ship out Naughton a solution like this seems fine. If he's actually good enough though I have no idea.

Just thinking, it worked for Liverpool with Aly Cissokho last season. They brought him in thinking he'd be good but he just couldn't adapt/wasn't as good a fit/wasn't as good a player for them as they hoped. And so he returned.
Had he been a success they would have signed him up.

Back