• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Michael Gove

Some areas = England.

We as a country vote Conservative, those scroungers attached to our borders vote the other lot in.

In the 1997 and 2001 general elections, more Englishmen voted for Labour than Conservatives. In the 2005 general election, the Conservatives managed to pull in 65,000 more votes than Labour across the whole of England, when total votes for both in England totalled over 16 million. The Conservatives finally managed to smash Labour, receiving over 3 million more votes than Labour in 2010. Though this was in the depths of a recession, and Labour's worst electoral performance since 1918, other than 1983.

The Conservative performance still didn't match their performance in 79-97.

Last edited:
In the 1997 and 2001 general elections, more Englishmen voted for Labour than Conservatives. In the 2005 general election, the Conservatives managed to pull in 65,000 more votes than Labour across the whole of England, when total votes for both in England totalled over 16 million. The Conservatives finally managed to smash Labour, receiving over 3 million more votes than Labour in 2010. Though this was in the depths of a recession, and Labour's worst electoral performance since 1918, other than 1983.

The Conservative performance still didn't match their performance in 79-97.

I'm not talking about those silly voting systems the Lib Dems like where you end up with a new coalition every week. I'm talking about our voting system being skewed by other countries.

I'm not talking about those silly voting systems the Lib Dems like where you end up with a new coalition every week. I'm talking about our voting system being skewed by other countries.

Labour also won more seats in England in 1997, 2001 and hilariously, even in 2005. 65,000 less votes in England that final year, 92 more seats.

im no tory scumbag, but id have Hauge back in a flash. get rid of this tinkleant no-mandate toff and get a statesman in, a real man. Gove is another in a long line of career sluts. You can complain about Cam being a careerist born for the role but at least Hague has the gravitas of a leader. Gove is just another kerbcrawler.

Hauge is a great man and is what i want in what i consider a proper tory. I would love david davis though, council estate boy done good, could represent the country well.

Or they could get that asian women patel(not being racist) she looks like she could be a future leader. All opposed to the EU and for the working/middle class not the under class like labour or the upper class like cameron.

I will never vote tory while that **** cameron is there, i hate him.

Some areas = England.

We as a country vote Conservative, those scroungers attached to our borders vote the other lot in.

yep england would be such a different country(BETTER) without wales and scotland. If and i hope it happens that the scots go there own way, then watch a proper tory run for office and england will change straight away because most of us here do not want the liberal welfare system we have or paying into europe or even unchecked immgration.

I don't think the country is ready for a gay prime minister

Hauge would be bisexual if he was because he has a wife(female).

I did not see what was wrong with him sharing a room with another guy. I have shared hotel rooms with mates when i have gone away. Just because your sleeping in a bed a few feet from one of your mates does not mean your going to jump into bed with them and fudge them.

Except that they're not are they? Having failed to secure a majority against a totally discredited Labour Government led by the worst Prime Minister in recent history, they voluntarily emasculated themselves by forming a Coalition with the Liberal Democrats.

A Conservative leader with any cojones whatsoever would have governed as a minority and gone to the country six months later. The problem is that Cameron is not a Conservative. I'm not sure whether he has any cojones either. Hence his willingness, eagerness even, to minimise any Conservative bent to his Government.

He is a one term Prime Minister.

As you say he failed to get a majority against the worst PM ( Brown) and a Labour party that was on its knees, if it had not been for Glegg saving his arse the the Torys would have replaced him as their leader.

Hauge would be bisexual if he was because he has a wife(female).

I did not see what was wrong with him sharing a room with another guy. I have shared hotel rooms with mates when i have gone away. Just because your sleeping in a bed a few feet from one of your mates does not mean your going to jump into bed with them and fudge them.

I share rooms with people all the time, both mates and for work. It's called not being a money wasting ****!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/2432632/UK-General-Election-2010-political-map.html

Now that the ridiculous boundaries are being fixed, I'd be very surprised if Labour ever got a majority in England.

I think the Conservatives would have had reason to be very upset if they came out of 2010 with anything other than a majority. Considering the country was in the depths of a recession and Labour registered their second worst electoral performance since 1918. Anything less and Cameron should have been shot.

Redrawing the boundaries will have little effect in the long term. Power corrupts, politicians make mistakes. After 10/15 years of either one of these incompetent bunch of buffoons, the population will be sick of them and vote them out. And the changes seem to be a little overplayed:

http://www.newstatesman.com/blogs/the-staggers/2012/01/labour-win-lead-tories-changes

I think the Conservatives would have had reason to be very upset if they came out of 2010 with anything other than a majority. Considering the country was in the depths of a recession and Labour registered their second worst electoral performance since 1918. Anything less and Cameron should have been shot.

Redrawing the boundaries will have little effect in the long term. Power corrupts, politicians make mistakes. After 10/15 years of either one of these incompetent bunch of buffoons, the population will be sick of them and vote them out. And the changes seem to be a little overplayed:

http://www.newstatesman.com/blogs/the-staggers/2012/01/labour-win-lead-tories-changes

That article actually suggests to me that the changes will be significant. Although the boundary changes won't completely resolve the problems, it makes up a lot of the difference. I assume that article's looking at the UK as a whole too, I'm hoping for a YES vote on Scottish independance within a year or two.

Back