• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Michael Dawson

Also, what has happened between AVB praising him and saying he'll be the captain (have I got that correct?) and then now selling him?

Could they have fallen out and this time AVB wont stand for any 'odour' stinking up the dressing room??

QPR offering £8-10m.

Every player has a selling price.

Daws is fifth choice in my mi9nd, as a fifth choice center back he would not get many games at all.

Why do i think he was fifth choice? Because we're selling him.

Huddlestone? Do you know how much his year out has affected him. Yes he used to be a quality player, and he still could be, but if he doesn't fit into AVB's system then he's not much of a backup, as you'd have to change the whole system to incorporate him, which was one of the criticisms of Harry if i recall correctly.

Him being sold doesn't make him fifth choice, just that he is the player we can get the best value from.

Leaving Vertonghen out of the discussion because I haven't seen enough of him yet, I think Dawson is comfortably the equal of all the other center backs. Next year Gallas will be gone and if Dawson goes now, we'll have only 3 senior center backs and be forced in to buying else. We aren't going to get any better than him as a backup.

If he is willing to stay and fight for his place then I hope he turns QPR down. If he wants to leave for first team football then I respect his decision and wish him all the best. I'll be cheering for him.

And you think Dawson would be satisfied in that role?

(If he is 5th choice, i doubt he'd even get the cup games)

No he wouldnt be satisfied, but we would be. But think back to last season and remember the 5th choice was needed. If that 5th choice is Daws I'd be happy - proven. And remember Gallas is old, new CB is an unknown and Caulker is not the finished product (but potential is big). Even Kaboul despite a good season, well he has the potential to be a liability.

I think its too early to get rid of him. The thing I think we have done well over recent seasons with is keeping good players in reserve.

I think this Dawson sale is a big BIG gamble.

He is the only 'old-style' British CB we have now. In fact most of the top teams have at least one rugged, 'up-and-at-'em' type of first choice CB:

Emirates Marketing Project - Kompany, Lescott, perhaps even Richards
Manure - Vidic, Possibly Jones in future
Arsenal - this is where they've often lacked in recent years, but perhaps Vermaelen
Saudi Sportswashing Machine - Collocini, Taylor
Chelski - Terry, Ivanovic, Cahill
Liverpool - Skrtel

It is essential in this league imo. These type of cbs help you out when the going gets tough away to Stoke and the like. We can't always play the high-line, and in fact if we are attacked in our own half, the closer we are to our penalty area the more important the Dawson-type defenders are: they are more willing to put their heads where others wont. Away to Stoke last season Dawson was sorely missed. Imo we would not have been two down by half-time with him in the side.

I really hope we might have another 'rugged' type of cb lined up, even if not neccesarily a starter and just a squad player. The Dawson type of cb is vital in the PL, and that has to be our priority this year.

Kaboul isn't brave?

I think this Dawson sale is a big BIG gamble.

He is the only 'old-style' British CB we have now. In fact most of the top teams have at least one rugged, 'up-and-at-'em' type of first choice CB:

Emirates Marketing Project - Kompany, Lescott, perhaps even Richards
Manure - Vidic, Possibly Jones in future
Arsenal - this is where they've often lacked in recent years, but perhaps Vermaelen
Saudi Sportswashing Machine - Collocini, Taylor
Chelski - Terry, Ivanovic, Cahill
Liverpool - Skrtel

It is essential in this league imo. These type of cbs help you out when the going gets tough away to Stoke and the like. We can't always play the high-line, and in fact if we are attacked in our own half, the closer we are to our penalty area the more important the Dawson-type defenders are: they are more willing to put their heads where others wont. Away to Stoke last season Dawson was sorely missed. Imo we would not have been two down by half-time with him in the side.

I really hope we might have another 'rugged' type of cb lined up, even if not neccesarily a starter and just a squad player. The Dawson type of cb is vital in the PL, and that has to be our priority this year.

I forgot how much of a pussy Kaboul was

No he wouldnt be satisfied, but we would be. But think back to last season and remember the 5th choice was needed. If that 5th choice is Daws I'd be happy - proven. And remember Gallas is old, new CB is an unknown and Caulker is not the finished product (but potential is big). Even Kaboul despite a good season, well he has the potential to be a liability.

I think its too early to get rid of him. The thing I think we have done well over recent seasons with is keeping good players in reserve.

And them getting tinkled off and complaining about the club in the media...

As unfortunate as it was, one of the reasons we needed a fifth choice CB was King, his fitness was always in doubt. Now that he has retired there will be less of a call for it.

Kaboul hadn't put a foot wrong for 2 seasons. Dawson makes far more errors!! Revisionist claptrap IMO.

Him being sold doesn't make him fifth choice, just that he is the player we can get the best value from.

Leaving Vertonghen out of the discussion because I haven't seen enough of him yet, I think Dawson is comfortably the equal of all the other center backs. Next year Gallas will be gone and if Dawson goes now, we'll have only 3 senior center backs and be forced in to buying else. We aren't going to get any better than him as a backup.

If he is willing to stay and fight for his place then I hope he turns QPR down. If he wants to leave for first team football then I respect his decision and wish him all the best. I'll be cheering for him.

If he was 1st to 3rd choice we just wouldn't sell him, not for £9M. I can concede that he might be 4th though.

Kaboul hadn't put a foot wrong for 2 seasons. Dawson makes far more errors!! Revisionist claptrap IMO.

Literally you are going through my posts and disagreeing with everything I say. I 100% remember you not rating Kaboul that highly last season. What changed ? apart from the fact I said it.

And 1 season. 1 season he was good. I can name you loads of examples from the season before where he didnt do as well. But Kaboul - Im a big fan, you're just being a nause in nit picking.

Literally you are going through my posts and disagreeing with everything I say. I 100% remember you not rating Kaboul that highly last season. What changed ? apart from the fact I said it.

And 1 season. 1 season he was good. I can name you loads of examples from the season before where he didnt do as well. But Kaboul - Im a big fan, you're just being a nause in nit picking.

Show me a post to back that up. You can't. Utter fail. And I was responding to the post listing other 'tough tacklers' contrary to your monstrously inflated opinion of yourself we aren't all responding to your unintelligible musings every time we post.

Caulker is apparently a Dawson/Kaboul style defender. Vertonghen is a King/Gallas style defender. Unless we sign another CB, we will be seeing Kaboul/Caulker partnering Gallas/Vertonghen, Dawson wouldn't have taken being a back-up to Kaboul, and it would have stifled Caulker's progress in the meanwhile. This way we get a great price for a decent player who had no place in our squad. A lot of people want Caulker to be given his chance, well here it is.

Hopefully we sign a young Gallas replacement over the coming windows too.

Go on. Loads of examples. List them with video clips. And list Dawsons whilst you're there.

PS. So glad we don't have to deal with his hoofs anymore, we have no chance of building from the back with him in the team, our current 4 have way more composure on the ball.

Caulker is apparently a Dawson/Kaboul style defender. Vertonghen is a King/Gallas style defender. Unless we sign another CB, we will be seeing Kaboul/Caulker partnering Gallas/Vertonghen, Dawson wouldn't have taken being a back-up to Kaboul, and it would have stifled Caulker's progress in the meanwhile. This way we get a great price for a decent player who had no place in our squad. A lot of people want Caulker to be given his chance, well here it is.

Superbly put.

PS. So glad we don't have to deal with his hoofs anymore, we have no chance of building from the back with him in the team, our current 4 have way more composure on the ball.

so its dawson that went against the managers wishes and decided to hoof the ball needlessly .

caulker is like dawson and kaboul? and verts is like gallas / king?

hmmm......not sure if thats the right way round. probably because i dont know much about verts but i certainly dont think dawson is remotely like caulker, kaboul either at least not to a significant degree

Back