• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Match ratings vs Fulham

Lloris - 8 (saved our asses with some excellent saves)

Walker - 7 (another good game from Kyle)
Dawson - 5 (rather poor tonight)
Chiriches - 6 ( scored a good/lucky goal but defensively looked shaky)
Vertonghen - 5 (See Dawson)

Lennon - 7 (played well..good shift)
Capoue - 6 (Solid)
Sandro 6 (not his best game)
Lamela - 6 (ok...showed some nice touches)

Paulinho - 5.5 (missed easy chances and poor passing)
Defoe - 7 (Worked hard, nice passes, should have scored)

subs

Holtby - 6.5 (gets a .5 for the goal)
Chadli - 5 (meh)
Townsend - 5 (little time)

Lloris - 8

Walker - 7
Dawson - 5
Chiriches - 7 (+1 for the goal)
Vertonghen - 5

Lennon - 7
Capoue - 6
Sandro 6
Lamela - 6

Paulinho - 5
Defoe - 5

subs:
Holtby - 6
Chadli - 6
Townsend - 6

I can't dance much with that Kingdawson. Thought Paulinho did well to get in to scoring positions and otherwise played OK, so would give him maybe a 6 or 6.5.

Lloris - 7 (one excellent save)

*Walker - 7 (another good game from Kyle)
*Dawson - 5 (rather poor tonight)
Chiriches - 7 (imperious at times, needs to concentrate better, cracking shot)
Vertonghen - 6 (not giving it his all at the minute imo, needs a kick up the ****)

Lennon - 8 (terrified them into sitting deep, nullified any overlap, created some great openings)
Capoue - 6 (Solid, first day back at school, good to get 45 mins in his legs)
Sandro - 6 (seemed distracted at times, missed a sitter)
Lamela - 7 (more promise, bit lightweight physically, needs to be more decisive, it'll come)

Paulinho - 5 (missed easy chances and poor passing, disappeared in second half)
Defoe - 6 (Worked hard, nice passes, wasteful)

subs

Holtby - 7 (dogged, lovely strike)
Chadli - 5 (pussied out of a tackle, did nothing else)
Townsend - 5 (could have put a bit more in for me considering he was fresh)

Lloris (8) - Much better performance tonight after a poor past few games. Kept us in it, but so did Stekelenberg on their side. The save from Ruiz's shot at the end was superb reflexes, for me the best goalkeeper in the Premier League and well on his way to being the best goalkeeper in the clubs history.

Walker (7) - Solid again. Has rarely been troubled in recent weeks, his pace is brilliant and I think he's starting to use it to his benefit now as opposed to before where he'd just run up the field aimlessly just because his pace could get him there. More of the same Kyle, keep it up.
Dawson (4) - Just not good enough. I admire his heart and his do or die attitude but that can only get you so far. It's a shame about Vertonghens injury and I hope it isn't serious but I'd seriously consider playing Vertonghen centre half against Sunderland and just put Naughton at left back, seriously.
Chiriches (7) - Thought he looked cool and calm, I'm so dying to see how he'd play alongside Vertonghen in the Premier League, everything says it wouldnt be the best partnership due to the similarities of eachother but I think it could be great. Scorching goal tonight, unreal technique from a centre half but we knew he was capable.
Vertonghen (5) - Not very good today, has been declining every week, he isn't a left back and never will be. It's criminal that he's been played there for so long.

Lennon (7) - One of our best players tonight, caused problems for the defence, superb first touch as usual and got the assist for the winning goal. I'm so glad he's back in the team and he's repaying the faith with his performances, a goal at the weekend like the one he scored last year against Sunderland and I'll love him forever.
Capoue (5.5) - He was okay, I don't think he should have started personally as I don't feel two defensive midfielders really should be played against a team like Fulham but that's not his fault, yellow card killed him really especially the way he plays, bit like Sandro against City.
Sandro (6) - Not his best performance, but he's still crucial to our team. Hope he gets to captain us one day.
Lamela - (5.5) - He's getting there... I think confidence is slowly growing, it was nice to see him take the ball, run at players and have a few shots, very unlucky not to score from the pull back from Defoe.

Paulinho (5) - Was great against United but today was his chance to install the confidence back into him with a few goals. He should have had two, the one from Defoes pass in the first half was a glorious opportunity. He did well to get round the two men but being off balance meant he couldnt get the best connection, the goal streak will come, I'm confident.
Defoe (7) - Best Prem performance I've seen from him in years, worked real hard in the first half, tailed off in the second half and should have scored but it looked like a good choice to start him from AVB looking back.

--

Holtby (6) - Didn't like the fact he come on and played a more advanced role, I think he's much more suited to deep and I think it nullifies Paulinho, cracking winner and we all know he has it in his locker.
Chadli (5) - Didn't really do much, should have come on and played on the left as opposed to through the centre.
Townsend (5) - Didn't do much with limited time.

Lloris - 8 back to the top of his game

Walker - 8 after we went one down he really seemed like he was a personal mission to make something happen
Dawson - 5 awful
Chiriches - 6 yeah he scored but the amount of space he left them with at times was ridiculous
Vertonghen - 3 has all the talent Walker doesnt have but none of the commitment, was he on strike tonight or something?

Lennon - 7 linked well with walker and holtby, awful on the left
Capoue - 7 did well, released the ball early wouldnt have came off if he wasnt booked
Sandro - 6 won a few interceptions but cant use the ball
Lamela - 7 probably his league games so far

Paulinho - 6 terrible when moved deep, much better up top
Defoe - 6 perpetually offside, when not he's dropping too deep, stole a lennon cross that was going to lamela and did the world's worse backheel

subs

Holtby -7 made stuff happening when deep, drifting way too much when playing as a number 10
Chadli - 5 terrible out of position
Townsend - 6 not a left winger

Lloris - 8 back to the top of his game

Walker - 8 after we went one down he really seemed like he was a personal mission to make something happen
Dawson - 5 awful
Chiriches - 6 yeah he scored but the amount of space he left them with at times was ridiculous
Vertonghen - 3 has all the talent Walker doesnt have but none of the commitment, was he on strike tonight or something?

Lennon - 7 linked well with walker and holtby, awful on the left
Capoue - 7 did well, released the ball early wouldnt have came off if he wasnt booked
Sandro - 6 won a few interceptions but cant use the ball
Lamela - 7 probably his league games so far

Paulinho - 6 terrible when moved deep, much better up top
Defoe - 6 perpetually offside, when not he's dropping too deep, stole a lennon cross that was going to lamela and did the world's worse backheel

subs

Holtby -7 made stuff happening when deep, drifting way too much when playing as a number 10
Chadli - 5 terrible out of position
Townsend - 6 not a left winger

Vertonghen actually looked like he didn't give a ****

Lloris - 7 (made several outstanding saves, commanded the area decently)

Walker - 7 (been one of our more consistent players, really dangerous when paired with Lennon)
Dawson - 5 (did his job sometimes, gave the ball away dangerously at other times)
Chiriches - 6.5 (whiffed some clearances and should have been more dominant on defense, but got us back into the game with that goal)
Vertonghen - 6 (probably very fatigued by now and still deputizing in his un-favored position; if AVB doesn't get a LB in January...)

Sandro - 6.5 (did a pretty decent job of protecting the back and was difficult to dispossess)
Capoue - 6 (paired with Sandro decently with a few good interceptions)
Paulinho - 5 (rather poor game, missing some sitters and giving away possession; had some decent passes and good positioning on his own part, but failed to convert when he should have)

Lennon - 6.5 (worked hard all game, made a huge impact down the right and had good interplay with Walker)
Lamela - 6 (impressed in a few moments, but too few and far between)

Defoe - 6 (decent performance, good work-rate helping move the ball deep when needed; got into some good positions and probably should have scored one)

SUBS
Holtby - 6.5 (still needs to pick his moments to press a bit more carefully IMO; made good overlap on the wings and also made a few good key passes but his goal was really his sole contribution)
Chadli - 5.5 (not accustomed to playing in the hole, but popped up to help the attack every now and then)
Townsend - 6 (not really enough time to make an impact, but looked like a decent option on the left)

8 - Lloris
7- Walker, Chiriches, Lennon.
6- Sandro, Holtby, Defoe
5- Capoue, Vertonghen, Dawson, Paulinho, Chadli, Lamela
n/a- Townsend

Defoe was good for countering, his pace getting him into good positions behind their back line and we should've punished them way more than we did.
Lamela showed flashes of skill and did create space for himself with his movement, but because he slowly dropped off the pace he gets a 5.
Every match thread the ratings of our midfield and attack are always lower than our defence, shame really but does kinda point to the problem.

Lloris - 8 (saved our asses with some excellent saves)

Walker - 7 (another good game from Kyle)
Dawson - 5 (rather poor tonight)
Chiriches - 6 ( scored a good/lucky goal but defensively looked shaky)
Vertonghen - 5 (See Dawson)

Lennon - 7 (played well..good shift)
Capoue - 6 (Solid)
Sandro 6 (not his best game)
Lamela - 6 (ok...showed some nice touches)

subs

Holtby - 6.5 (gets a .5 for the goal)
Chadli - 5 (meh)
Townsend - 5 (little time)

I was at the game tonight and pretty much concur with these ratings. Thank feck that Lloris was on top form today as otherwise this could've been another embarrassing defeat, against a team that had lost 8 of their previous 10 home games.

Not sure why AVB decided to start with 2 defensive midfielders to start the game but we still should've gone in at HT 1-0 up after Paulinho missed a sitter. Holtby' introduction after the break (loved the way he sprinted past us up the tunnel at the end of the first half when AVB must've informed him he'd be coming on) gave our passing some much needed impetus and got the away end in full voice, well until that defensive clanger took the wind out of our sails. Chaldi' substitution seemed a bit odd what with Siggy on the bench but we won so guess it must've been the right call.

Last edited:
I was at the game tonight and pretty much concur with these ratings. Thank feck that Lloris was on top form today as otherwise this could've been another embarrassing defeat, against a team that had lost 8 of their previous 10 home games.

Not sure why AVB decided to start with 2 defensive midfielders to start the game but we still should've gone in at HT 1-0 up after Paulinho missed a sitter. Holtby' introduction after the break (loved the way he sprinted past us up the tunnel at the end of the first half when AVB must've informed him he'd be coming on) gave our passing some much needed impetus and got the away end in full voice, well until that defensive clanger took the wind out of our sails. Chaldi' substitution seemed a bit odd what with Siggy on the bench but we won so guess it must've been the right call.

wasn't at the game and agree with both your views and kingdawson's original ratings - except on 3 points -

Paulinho - 5 ...poorest game and a very poor chance taken. the more i watch him the more i feel he is very unsuited for the EPL. basically a very very average player who doesn't specialize in anything, no assists no goals. i think he has some good attributes and he will shine in the italian league perhaps, but the EPL is just too fast for him and he doesn't look like he will get on top of things soon.

Chadli - 6 ... i thought his introduction added some spark to the game when we needed, and Defoe really should have scored with that through ball.

Defoe - 5 ....worked hard but soldado is better at getting into tight places and drawing defenders out and sticking a leg in when needed...but mainly should have scored when gifted with that Chadli through ball

:ross:

.. The rest I just about agree with, aside from Chadli who appears to be GG's new whipping boy along with Pauly.

Lloris -8 - top drawer
Vertonghen - 5 - well below his standards not a LB
Chiriches - 8 - boy oozes class great goal
Dawson - 5 - not good today
Walker - 7 - in a great run of form
Sandro - 5.5 - not his best day
Paulinho - 6 - got into some good positions unlucky not to score
Capoue - 6 - ok
Lennon - 7.5 - very good shift today always a threat
Lamela - 5.5 some nice flashes he is getting there but still anonymous for too much of the match
Defoe - 8 - did very well today, link up play was far better than what we have seen from Soldado should keep his place for now

Holtby - 8 - love his pressure a few good balls and wonderful winner
Chadli & Townsend N/A not enough time

5 - Dawson, Capoue, Townsend & Vertonghen
6 - Paulinho, Sandro, Chadli & Defoe
6.5 - Walker, Lamela & Lennon
7 - Chiriches, Holtby
8 - Lloris (MoTM)

7 - AVB & Fans*

* Would those fans (?) who booed the team in the second half please find something else to do of an evening! Special mention to BAE who watched from the neutral zone, much respect.

Back