• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Match Ratings v Sunderland 13/09/14 - poll in opening post

Re: Match Ratings v Sunderland 13/09/14

Beside those bad dwells on ball habit i think Chiriches played well today , covered a lot when Rose kept bushing forward insanely non-sense

We need a consistent defence and midfield - I think that would help us shore up at the back. Its easy to forget it is still early days with Poch effectively setting up the team from scratch, with a limited pre season.

Nice to see Dembele take his game to the opposition. I attribute this to Poch. Adds more steel to midfield, and has the ability to commit and beat men going forward. His passing was mostly good too - but if he can get his passing going, and hit the net rather than the bar - we'll have an all round beast of a midfielder.

Ade adds a lot to our build up, often bolsters our midfield when we need it. But you don't get the impression he's on edge always looking to get in on goal - which we need. If not from him, from one of the other front 3. Chadli looks the most goal hungry.

We are still a new team, and it showed I thought. We lacked assuredness. To hold them off, and to kill them off. Also the pressing needs to be more coordinated so we can conserve some energy. I get the manic pressing when we loose possession - it an emergency, players out of position and we sprint around to get the ball back. But sprinting wildly all the time can leave us lacking after 70 minutes. It would be nice to see us have other options for example, drop back keep a strong line of 5 in the middle, if the closing down is not working. Against better passing teams, it can leave you exposed.

In an attacking sense id give us 7 perhaps 7.5 as I thought we looked good just a shame not that cutting edge.

In a defensive sense, a 5. Sunderland sat back in their shell hence our defence wasnt as exposed as it could have been but any time Sunderland showed a bit of ambition they caused us problems.

I thought Dembele was outstanding and does give us presence and power in the middle which Bentaleb doesnt really give us although his passing is better.

Beside those bad dwells on ball habit i think Chiriches played well today , covered a lot when Rose kept bushing forward insanely non-sense

i don't think any of that was on display today - he dwelled on the ball a few times, getting caught out with it but other than that i thought he put in a decent performance.

Agree with these two!

Vlad still has to make slightly smart risk/reward decisions at times and just boot it clear when in high risk situations. But other than that I thought he played really well. First game of the season too.

Back