• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Match ratings - Tottenham v West Brom

Watched the game but didnt see the subs bench - Was Bentaleb on there? would have thought he was the one to solve the slow tempo/passing - especially ahead of Paulinho....

He wasn't brilliant but that just a bunch of preconceptions about the player you've regurgitated. His passing in the first half was decent enough and with Capoue and Rose were the best players for that period. The problems we had breaking down WBA were largely due to how ineffective our front four were.

Respectfully, that's nonsense. I am a big fan of Dembele, I'm sure there are posts of mine which suggest that. In this game he was awful. They aren't preconceptions, they are actual things that happened, that I saw, as did everyone around me in the stadium. One of the reasons the front four was so poor was that nobody was giving them the ball. Rose was bombing on (to good effect) but Dembele took too long to pass it out. Eriksen and Lamela were in acres, but Dembele dithered. In my original post you'll notice that I didn't include Ade in my ratings because he may as well have not been there. But the front 4 will always be poor unless they have service. Unfortunately, in this set up, it's Dembele's job to provide service.

Respectfully, that's nonsense. I am a big fan of Dembele, I'm sure there are posts of mine which suggest that. In this game he was awful. They aren't preconceptions, they are actual things that happened, that I saw, as did everyone around me in the stadium. One of the reasons the front four was so poor was that nobody was giving them the ball. Rose was bombing on (to good effect) but Dembele took too long to pass it out. Eriksen and Lamela were in acres, but Dembele dithered. In my original post you'll notice that I didn't include Ade in my ratings because he may as well have not been there. But the front 4 will always be poor unless they have service. Unfortunately, in this set up, it's Dembele's job to provide service.

I watched it too. Lets disagree on this.

Lloris - 6 - Standard.

Dier - 4 - I think this guy has bags of potential but we really need a RB. Maybe not for the **** game because we know Naughton will be **** in that.
Kaboul - 3 - How is this guy our LEADER? How is he our captain? We need a captain to either be a talker or lead by example. He offers neither.
Chiriches - 2 - I'm a fan of this guy... BUT... yesterday was the worst I've ever seen him play. It has to be Fazio & Vertonghen from now on.
Rose - 4 - Does the guy shut his eyes when he crosses? Hit and Hope. com

Capoue - 6 - the only one who actually moves and looks for the ball. The only on form player we have.
Dembele - 4 - The Belgian Jenas. Flatters to deceive. Doesn't help our attacking players at all. Super slow.

Eriksen - 4 - He put in one good ball but perhaps we are putting too much pressure on him to be THE MAN. He's not started the season yet.
Chadli - 4 - Absent. He's either really good or really absent. It was the latter.
Lamela - 6 - At least he tried. I just wish he'd cross the ball instead of doing step overs all the way into the area.

Adebayor - 3 - Has he forgotten how to head the ball? How many headed goals has he scored for us? I'd love to know that stat.

---
Paulinho - 4 - The Brazilian Jenas. Baffled.
Soldado - 5 - He tried and had our 1 shot on target but he doesn't look like scoring really.
Lennon - 5 - He tried but no time. I think his days are nearly numbered.

Lloris 6 - made a few decent (albeit routine) saves. Let down by the marking of his defence for the goal they scored - who was supposed to be marking Morrison anyway?
Rose 7 - our only decent performance. Was generally solid defensively and our biggest attacking threat. *MOM for us*
Chirches 3 - bullied all afternoon by Sessegnon and a 19 year old. Enough said.
Kaboul 4 - is this really the best player we possess for club captain?.... GHod help us.
Dier 5 - application was ok, but looks out of position at right back.
Chadli 3 - does absolutely NOTHING when we don't have the ball and not much more when we have it. A luxury player who isn't talented enough to be worth accomodating.
Capoue 3 - pointless player. Takes 5 yard passes off of our centre halves when we have the ball and then constantly gets caught wrong side of the opposition's midfield runners or when one of their striker's drops off.
Dembele 5 - too slow on the ball, wanted to dribble even when a pass was on.
Lamela 6 - a decent amount of effort and some quality on the ball, always wanted it, never hid, always willing to try things even if only a few came off.
Erikson 5 - some moments of quality, but doesn't get anywhere near involved enough in the game. Personally I think Sherwood had him in the right position drifting in from the left where he has more space and time on the ball.
Adebayor 5 - completely isolated for most of the game. Should've done better with the header that he completely missed.

Paulinho 5 - An upgrade on Capoue as at least he managed to get goalside when defending, also tried to make a few things happen (although failed!)
Soldado 4 - Can't even make a simple pass.
Lennon 5 - Gave us some much needed width on the right, should've been on much sooner for the completely ineffective Chadli.

For West Brom I thought the two up top gave us problems for the whole game. They both worked hard and moved well. Lescott also gave an example of a real centre halves performance.... To think he went to West Brom for nothing while we kept Kaboul and made him club captain.... how did that happen?!?

Back