• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Match Ratings - MK Maribor (A)

ArcspacE

Banned
Lloris - 6 - ok

Walker - 5 - poor defending for the goal
Caulker - 7 - did well
Vertonghen - 6 - little to do
Naughton - 6 - some good runs forward

Hudd - 5 - passenger
Sandro - 7 - never stopped running
Lennon - 7 - worked very, very hard
Sigurdsson - 6 - grabbed a goal
Townsend - 5 - little impact

Defoe - 5 - marginalised

Falque - 7 - some good creative play, made a difference

Lloris - 6 - ok

Walker - 5 - poor defending for the goal
Caulker - 7 - did well
Vertonghen - 6 - little to do
Naughton - 6 - some good runs forward

Hudd - 5 - passenger
Sandro - 7 - never stopped running
Lennon - 7 - worked very, very hard
Sigurdsson - 6 - grabbed a goal
Townsend - 5 - little impact

Defoe - 5 - marginalised

Falque - 7 - some good creative play, made a difference

+1 Too bored to do my own ratings. These are about right (if a bit generous!).

AVB - 4 Poor team selection and even worse subs. No imagination demonstrated. Two DMs against poor/average teams just means boring score draws at best (WBA, Norwich, Pana, Moribor). When will he learn that with two DMs we carry little or no goal threat against teams just wanting to sit. I am restraining my criticism of AVB and am prepared to give him time, but I have to say I havent been impressed so far.

Lloris - 6 - ok, good distribution and quick!

Walker - 6 - Seems to be getting blame for everything but thought he did ok
Caulker - 8 - Impressed again
Vertonghen - 6 - meh
Naughton - 6 - some good passes but meh

Hudd - 6 - Slows the tempo right down and kills any counter attack!
Sandro - 7 - Machine
Lennon - 6 - Meh (but meh because we dont give him enough of the ball)
Sigurdsson - 5 - sod the goal, was poor again and i love him! Was good against chelsea I thought
Townsend - 5 - poor but lad is still learning

Defoe - 0 - The root of most our problems, losing possession in final third so much it seems, and all our attacks break down! The sooner we realise his short falls and not get blinded by a few poached goals the better!

Falque - 7 - Had a positive impact

lloris - 7 purely for his pace off the line and attempts to gee up the players
Walker - 6 thought he was ok. once great run early in second half and then cut down
caulker - 7 - his usual not noticeable performance which is a good thing
verts - 7 - clearly one of our better players
naughton - 6 - efficient
townsend - 4 woeful, understand now why he doesnt play
sandro - 6 kept losing out despite trying hard
hudd - 5 fat and slow after thinking he looked ok against chelsea
sigg - 5.5 - despite goal just doesnt look up to scratch. average player average performance
lennon - 6 - meh
defoe - 5 - see lennon

falque - 6 showed desire and not quite as bad as some people on this board would have you believe

Lloris 6 - Didn't have much to do, decent distribution.
Walker 5 - Passing wayward and positional play poor.
Caulker 7 - Quite and assured, covered for Walker far too much.
Vertonghen 6 - Solid but less impact when moved inside.
Naughton - 6 Did what was asked of him, more defensively solid than Walker.
Townsend 5 - Never got going at all, looked a little clueless at times.
Sandro 6 - Worked hard but ball control technique needs some work.
Huddlestone 5 - Slowed play down far too much, struggled to keep up with the pace of the game.
Sigurdsson 5 - Scuffed a goal, build up play did not include him as the ball was constantly moved to the wings.
Lennon 6 - Tried to make an impact, lack of target man meant he cut inside far too much and was contained.
Defoe 6 - Can't fault his work but his continued presence is at a detriment to the teams build up play and threat.

Falque 6 - Showed some drive and creativity certainly didn't hurt his first team chances.
Livermore - Jake what do you do?

Huddlestone 5 - Slowed play down far too much, struggled to keep up with the pace of the game.
Sigurdsson 5 - Scuffed a goal, build up play did not include him as the ball was constantly moved to the wings.
Lennon 6 - Tried to make an impact, lack of target man meant he cut inside far too much and was contained.
Defoe 6 - Can't fault his work but his continued presence is at a detriment to the teams build up play and threat.

Falque 6 - Showed some drive and creativity certainly didn't hurt his first team chances.

Bout right for me too.

+1 Too bored to do my own ratings. These are about right (if a bit generous!).

AVB - 4 Poor team selection and even worse subs. No imagination demonstrated. Two DMs against poor/average teams just means boring score draws at best (WBA, Norwich, Pana, Moribor). When will he learn that with two DMs we carry little or no goal threat against teams just wanting to sit. I am restraining my criticism of AVB and am prepared to give him time, but I have to say I havent been impressed so far.

Thats very nice of you. I'm sure he appreciates it. What will happen when you stop giving him time ?

Would he have got a better rating if it was a 30 yrd effort ? Or in reality a goals a fudging goal and they count the same ?

Would he have got a better rating if it was a 30 yrd effort ? Or in reality a goals a fudging goal and they count the same ?

Wriggly you're right I'd like to change my rating on Sigurdsson and give him a 2 as his scuffed goal wasn't from 30 yards and I only based my score on that few seconds of play in which he scored.

Lloris 6 - Didn't have much to do
Walker 6 - did Ok some wasteful passing
Caulker 7 - very good
Vertonghen 6 - Solid not his best
Naughton - 7 thought he was among our better players think I would pick him ahead of Walker atm
Townsend 4 - poor running into blind alleys
Sandro 7.5 - MOM worked his socks off our biggest threat going forawrd which says it all really
Huddlestone 4 - awful, constantly slows play down, can't track players
Sigurdsson 5 - lucky goal not involved much at all
Lennon 6 - typical lennon performance tried hard but clueless in final third
Defoe 6 - worked hard but let down by service

Falque 6 - at least he tried to create things

Lloris - 6 - ok, good distribution and quick!

Walker - 6 - Seems to be getting blame for everything but thought he did ok
Caulker - 8 - Impressed again
Vertonghen - 6 - meh
Naughton - 6 - some good passes but meh

Hudd - 6 - Slows the tempo right down and kills any counter attack!
Sandro - 7 - Machine
Lennon - 6 - Meh (but meh because we dont give him enough of the ball)
Sigurdsson - 5 - sod the goal, was poor again and i love him! Was good against chelsea I thought
Townsend - 5 - poor but lad is still learning

Defoe - 0 - The root of most our problems, losing possession in final third so much it seems, and all our attacks break down! The sooner we realise his short falls and not get blinded by a few poached goals the better!

Falque - 7 - Had a positive impact

Are you Gutter Boy in disguise?

Hugo 6

Kyle W 6
Steven 7
Jan 6.5
Kyle N 6.5

Sandro 7.5
Tom 5

Aaron 6
Gylfi 5
Townsend 5

Jermain 5

Yago 6.5
Jake 6
Dempsey 6

Lloris 6.5
Walker 6
Caulker 7,5
Vertonghen 6,5
Naughton 6,5
Sandro 6,5
Huddlestone 6,5
Lennon 5,5
Sigurdsson 5,5
Townsend 4,5
Defoe 5,5

Falque 6,5
Dempsey -
Livermore -

Our performance against Maribor was slightly better than the Chelsea game before it and only 0.15 better than the Panathinaikos game in our last Europa outing. This was also our second lowest voted game after the Panathinaikos one (which only had 10 ratings). Hopefully this will be the last of the low votes and I'd like to thank the new voters who contributed to this one, there were quite a few of you.

Caulker was our stand-out player with his first MOTM award of the season and a special mention should be made for Falque who got his first rating of the season with a very respectable 6.77 (3rd highest vote). Walker, although again well below average, at least improved greatly to compare with his Chelsea performance.

On a negative Townsend also got his first ratings of the season, with the lowest score of the match. Defoe's inconsistent season continued with his second sub 5.5 performance of the season after having had the second highest rating in the Chelsea game and Huddlestone also got his lowest rating so far this season of his 4 rated games (5.27 vs 5.90) as did Lloris (6.19 vs 6.38).

oh8Ir.jpg

Back